The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

litokhmaikid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where the rest of my September 18th homies at :laugh:? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).

Members don't see this ad.

Haha I'm on September 10th one but and kinda behind on the four month plan!

Followed sn2 strictly which seems to be very very time consuming (yes even the four month plan)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sept 12th here! I started S2Ned's schedule about 5 days late because I thought it was a 90-day schedule rather than a 95-day schedule. Just finished all the chapter 1 readings. I am hating life because the posted EK-BR correspondence isn't making sense for me and I was just about to start the bio passages. I think I am just going to stick to EK for notes but still read BR/do its relevant passages. Anyway, LET'S DO THIS!

Reactions: 1 users
Took the May 17 MCAT and didn't do so hot, so I'm retaking on September 18! Gonna rip through the EK 1001 questions, take all the AAMC CBTs this time around (I did some of the AAMC paper based ones last time, so I don't know how much those helped), and whatever else I can get my hands on.

Hello, hello dear friends. Starting MCAT studying tomorrow ... just finished up summer classes and working full time. This. Summer. Will. Be. FUN! How are you all prepping for verbal? I've heard mixed reviews about 101 EK Verbal, though I've also heard it is the best resource out there. I would love some insight!

Hi itllbefuntheysay, I bought the 101 EK verbal book last year and in MY experience, it didn't really help me. I wasn't too fond of their explanations and the passage topics were....well.. too out there for the MCAT (in my opinion). I recently got TPR hyperlearning verbal workbook, which I've heard is really great for verbal practice, so I'm excited to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it is. What else are you using for verbal prep?

Hi everyone,I got my scores for my mcat today and it was quiet disappointing. So, I will be attempting for a second try on the 18th of September.Hoping to get emotional support from this thread,after all we're all in this together...

Howdy Fellas! (and felines) Lets do this thing! There are two OFFICIAL SEPT. 18 threads now i see ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sept 18th taker. On day 7 of SN2ed schedule. Already starting from behind, but trying to catch up.
May the force be with us!

Well it depends on what you think is late. I'm currently looking to apply to schools with the Nov. 3rd AMCAS deadline, however I will have all of my application complete and submitted (aside from my new MCAT score) by Sept. 1st. If You're planning on applying to schools with the general Oct. 15th deadline, I'd say its cutting it a little too close for comfort. Considering that most schools are on rolling admissions, it would be smart to get your entire application ready to go ASAP. Is this your first time applying?

Well it depends on what you think is late. I'm currently looking to apply to schools with the Nov. 3rd AMCAS deadline, however I will have all of my application complete and submitted (aside from my new MCAT score) by Sept. 1st. If You're planning on applying to schools with the general Oct. 15th deadline, I'd say its cutting it a little too close for comfort. Considering that most schools are on rolling admissions, it would be smart to get your entire application ready to go ASAP. Is this your first time applying?

Hey, thanks for the info :) Yes, this is my first time applying I took the mact in may didn't quiet get the score I was hoping for especially VR :( I spoke with a few people,and they mentioned I wouldn't be getting any invites as I was retaking it so late :(
But I still have my hopes high, all I need is an acceptance from one school out of 158...
Is this your first time taking the mcat?

And this is all in the good faith you have in yourself that you will do well on Sept. 18 :wideyed:

I know people who submitted exactly on Oct. 15 last year and got invites, so its possible. This is my second time taking the mcat:mad: I'm feeling pretty good about this time around though; I'm one month in on a modified Sn2ed's study schedule. And listen, don't feel too down on yourself for having to retake, it happens to a lot of applicants...its just that no one likes to talk about it.

I know people who submitted exactly on Oct. 15 last year and got invites, so its possible. This is my second time taking the mcat:mad: I'm feeling pretty good about this time around though; I'm one month in on a modified Sn2ed's study schedule. And listen, don't feel too down on yourself for having to retake, it happens to a lot of applicants...its just that no one likes to talk about it.

Thanks for the motivation :) I agree that a lot of applicants takes this test multiple times, hopefully the second time will be a charm for me ...
We can do this, let's attack and defeat this beast :D :D :D

I hope my fellow 9/18'ers are hanging in there. SN2ed got me down. Worst summer ever.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I hope my fellow 9/18'ers are hanging in there. SN2ed got me down. Worst summer ever.

Currently on Day 23 of SN2ed..it's gnarly for sure, but hang in there. Making the most of my break days has been keeping me sane. Also, exercise.

What do you guys think of the EK 101 compared to the TPRH VW? I feel like EK is a bit easier because most of its questions are recall from the passage...

How's it coming guys? I feel like i'm constantly revising my studying tactics, and hardly accomplishing what i feel i can in one day.

Just trying to figure out what kind of studying I lean towards and how to get the most out of my study time mainly..

I found the other day that I need to be more careful about my diet of all things. I'll start studying and forget to eat then get burned out after a while and not know why. I guess I mentally crash (impatient/aggravated) before I start feeling hungry.

Just trying to figure out what kind of studying I lean towards and how to get the most out of my study time mainly..

I found the other day that I need to be more careful about my diet of all things. I'll start studying and forget to eat then get burned out after a while and not know why. I guess I mentally crash (impatient/aggravated) before I start feeling hungry.

Are you taking mini breaks during your study session? For example 1o minutes every hour? You should let your brain, eyes and body take a quick rest during your sessions. Do some stretches, push ups, jumping jacks, have a snack, drink something etc. This has helped me get through my sessions ;)

Yeah i do take the 10 min break, and it does help a ton! Right now i would like to get my hands on some more practice tests, but i am unsure what tests to get and which are most similar to the aamc ones.

Debating either 9/6, 9/10, or 9/18. Leaning towards 9/18 for my retake.
Where are you guys at in the SN2ed sched? I need to gauge myself since I've already done it.
Need to focus on verbal/physics >> chem > bio.

9/18! Whats the worst that can happen? If you get burnt out just take a few days off and its essentially the same. I'm doing my own schedule, but prob 1/3 done with my preparation, which leaves the remaining 2 months here perfect timing.

I'm on day 33 - although I do need to squeeze one day in one a break day because as it is, the 'test date' is on the 19th for me :)

I'm planning to speed up the review process for full lengths a lot, so that should definitely make up time.

9/18! Whats the worst that can happen? If you get burnt out just take a few days off and its essentially the same. I'm doing my own schedule, but prob 1/3 done with my preparation, which leaves the remaining 2 months here perfect timing.
I think you're talking to me? The 'reply' functions helps since it sends me a notification that I've been replied to.
But yes, I do believe that I will be taking it on 9/18 since an Oct isn't too late for this cycle for DO schools.
I'm afraid that I'll be allocating too much time to verbal and physics and not enough to chem and bio and orgo and bomb that section on my next one..
This is very frustrating.

does any one care to share their modifications to SN2ed schedule with the Kaplan course outline?

Admittedly I have acquired 100% of my MCAT reviews as Jack Sparrow would have if he wanted to be a doctor. Everything else was borrowed but was completely redundant except for the fact that i got the physical textbooks.

That being said is anyone that bought the 2014 TBR books, willing to provide a few random page excerpts that can differentiate between the older versions and the newest versions? I have found threads that helped 'buyers' ensure that they were about to buy the correct books from classified ads and my [TBR] set passed all the criteria but I'm just not sure how I can further verify.

Also for anyone that is in a similar situation, I managed to find a single file that included complete sets of EK+TPR+TBR+Kaplan+AAMC #3-9+Audio Osmosis+Princeton Section Exams and have since acquired the TPRH Verbal as well. I can help you find such treasure among the vast 'open ocean' that is the internet, but will not post it on the thread as I'm sure it violates some agreement or another...

Also if there is decent interest I can upload the iCal file I have created for sn2ed's 3 month schedule (just finished Day#37), that lines up exactly for our 9/18 date!

Last edited:
thinking of switching to this date, not suree yet! im registered for august 27, im on day 33, and it sucks because i was working and shouldnt have, but i start school end of august, thankfully i have a pretty light workload, and will be living on campus nextdoor to a huge library where i study everyday..anyway. figured by september itll just be FL and i can take out 5 hours out of the day to do that. Has anyone had experience with reschedule, im scared of clicking the button to find out there are no september 18 seats in my area,...

and kingDOM could you send me the ical file, and how do i open it up on macs?

Also if there is decent interest I can upload the iCal file I have created for sn2ed's 3 month schedule (just finished Day#37), that lines up exactly for our 9/18 date!

and kingDOM could you send me the ical file, and how do i open it up on macs?

iCal for September 18, 2014: http://bit.ly/kingDOM_MCAT_iCal_9-18-14

1. Open iCal
2. Click on File
3. Click on Import...
4. Locate the file i have provided
5. Click Import
6. Click New Calendar
7. Click OK

thanks! its great, definitely switching to this date im 4 days behind with this so definitely cant do aug 27

No, you're not alone. It's kinda terrifying. I still feel like I know nothing.

Ya same. I actually plan to take a FL soon (not an AAMC since those are like pure gold) despite sn2ed ripping on diagnostic tests... i just gotta know how i am doing particularly with the material I have already read.

since I have to work everyday i am not really able to start studying before 3pm and then i have been getting tired/fatigued and feel like i have to repeat stuff the next day especially because the "re-read previous chapters" day is like impossible to do starting at 3pm

No, you're not alone. It's kinda terrifying. I still feel like I know nothing.

I'm feeling the exact same anxiety! What are you doing to stay focused Wubbles? Can you give me any suggestions?

Ya same. I actually plan to take a FL soon (not an AAMC since those are like pure gold) despite sn2ed ripping on diagnostic tests... i just gotta know how i am doing particularly with the material I have already read.

since I have to work everyday i am not really able to start studying before 3pm and then i have been getting tired/fatigued and feel like i have to repeat stuff the next day especially because the "re-read previous chapters" day is like impossible to do starting at 3pm

The joys of having to work because you need to eat...while studying for the mcat, are simply glorious, wouldn't you say? :grumpy:

Hey guys! Whatsup?! Just took the July 24th test and I'm scheduled for the 18th. Don't know what scores I'm gonna get back but I like being prepared for whatever happens.

A large portion of my time is still being spent on content review. It looks as though I'll have about 1 month for pure practice and FLs. I'm hoping this is enough. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I actually HAVE to do a good amount of review because I took classes like gen chem and physics almost 3-4 years ago.

If you guys have any questions regarding the SN2 schedule don't hesitate to ask. Did the 3 month plan for the July 24th MCAT

If you guys have any questions regarding the SN2 schedule don't hesitate to ask. Did the 3 month plan for the July 24th MCAT

Hi DannySCR! How was the July 24th exam? Also, how closely did you follow the 3month schedule??

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users