***The Official OSU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwdentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received an “application complete” email today. It said the supplemental app will be sent out in 5-7 days.

Link to interview prep: The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the supplemental today and submitted and paid the fee

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email on July 2nd saying OSU recieveded my AADSAS application and their graduate and professional admissions team would email me the supplemental, but I haven’t heard from them since. Should I email them or just wait?

On July 6th I received an email to submit the supplemental. I have since submitted and paid the fee. On July 11th I received another email saying my application is complete and under review. It also included a breakdown of the prerequisites I have met/not met.

I received an email on July 2nd saying OSU recieveded my AADSAS application and their graduate and professional admissions team would email me the supplemental, but I haven’t heard from them since. Should I email them or just wait?
I first received an email saying they received my AADSAS and would send my supplemental when my app was complete on June 20. Later, I got an email saying my app was complete and that I’d receive the supplemental in 5-7 days. It sounds like you haven’t received that second email denoting that your application is complete, so I would just wait it out.

I first received an email saying they received my AADSAS and would send my supplemental when my app was complete on June 20. Later, I got an email saying my app was complete and that I’d receive the supplemental in 5-7 days. It sounds like you haven’t received that second email denoting that your application is complete, so I would just wait it out.

So you got email#2 saying they will email with how to submit secondary on 6/20 and they mailed the email#3 with instruction how to submit secondary on 7/6 which is like 11 business day LOL Just saying.. haha.

I am waiting for that email. I got the #2 email on 7/12 yesterday and waiting for #3 email. :) maybe in 2 weeks...

So you got email#2 saying they will email with how to submit secondary on 6/20 and they mailed the email#3 with instruction how to submit secondary on 7/6 which is like 11 business day LOL Just saying.. haha.

I am waiting for that email. I got the #2 email on 7/12 yesterday and waiting for #3 email. :) maybe in 2 weeks...
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The 2nd email was a portal to the supplemental app (7/6) and the 3rd (7/11) was acknowledging completion of the the supplemental (I submitted it 7/8).
But yes there was a decent amount of time between when they got my AADSAS and when I got the supp app.

Why is there a supplemental application? I thought the questions were already on AADAS application. So there are more questions or is it just like a basic set of questions where you answer yes and no?

Why is there a supplemental application? I thought the questions were already on AADAS application. So there are more questions or is it just like a basic set of questions where you answer yes and no?
Why? I guess they felt like they needed more to effectively evaluate applicants. There are a few more questions that are a bit different than on AADSAS, as well as a bunch of other basic questions.

They’re not questions that are hard to answer :/ and OSU is a very well rounded school so they want to know everything, not just grades and test scores. They want to know what you are like as a person.

I got an email last night saying my application has entered the review process. I still haven't received an email to do the supplemental. Is this something I should call or email them about?

I got an email last night saying my application has entered the review process. I still haven't received an email to do the supplemental. Is this something I should call or email them about?
After you've submitted the AADSAS application, it should take a few days or so to get the email to fill out the supplemental app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an interview invite yet? I know that their first interview date is in September.

Anyone get an interview invite yet? I know that their first interview date is in September.
It says on their website that September 7th will be first interview invites sent out via phone!
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call at 10AM, awesome way to get woken up :)

I also just got a call around 10AM!! Good luck to everyone

Just got the call as well! September 29th here I come.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the first round is strictly IS students?

I missed a call from Ohio at 10:30! Should I call it back ??

Got my call at 10:45!
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/08/18
Application complete date: 07/03/18
GPA(Science, overall): 3.64, 3.75
DAT (AA/ TS/ PAT/ Reading/ any section below a 17): 21/19/21/24/none

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_13-6-49.png
    upload_2018-9-7_13-6-49.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 96
I was late with my ohio state app and just submitted supplement yesterday.

Do i still have a chance?

I was late with my ohio state app and just submitted supplement yesterday.

Do i still have a chance?

Yeah, you've still got a shot. There are 4 total interview rounds, with the final one 2 months from today. There are still lots of apps that they're looking through. Plus, OSU doesn't differentiate between interview dates, since they pool all their interviewees and send out acceptances on the same day in December, so interviewing early is actually annoying cause it means you have longer to wait. Good luck.

Last edited:
Just got the call today at 9:35am!! Let's go!!!
I'll see everyone interviewing on the 28th - 29th! so excited :):):):):):)

Does anyone know statistics on how many candidates they interviewed last year? Or how the interview process is broken down? This is my first interview invite....this is my 3rd application cycle, so all the eggs are in this basket I guess. I'm IS.

Idk if this is just a rumor, but I was told by a previous dental student at OSU that interviewed two years ago that the interviewers only look at the essays questions/extra-curriculars/supplemental essays during the interview and not numerical statistics...anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Yes they called me again a few hours later and I was able to talk to them and then I got an email right after that.
Did you call back and leave a voicemail message? I returned the phone call because they left a voicemail message for me.. but didn’t get an answer
Mind me asking, who is the person that talked to you?

Last edited:
Did you call back and leave a voicemail message? I returned the phone call because they left a voicemail message for me.. but didn’t get an answer

Yeah I called back and left a voicemail and then they called me back like 3 mins later. I believe the mans name was Jay...

Got an invite yesterday! :) When you guys RSVP’d did you get a confirmation email afterwards?

Got an invite yesterday! :) When you guys RSVP’d did you get a confirmation email afterwards?
I got an email to RSVP after the call. Dont think I got one after that though

Does anyone think it would be bad to not go to the Friday events ? I am already missing a lot of class for other interviews so I was considering just going for Saturday ...

Does anyone think it would be bad to not go to the Friday events ? I am already missing a lot of class for other interviews so I was considering just going for Saturday ...

It's really not a huge deal. I'm a current Dentpath student, so I interviewed last year, and there was definitely a good chunk of people who didn't show up on Friday. I think it was helpful to get a feel for the campus/school (especially now, with so much construction going on - which sucks, but it's gonna look awesome when we're D2 students and the renovations are done), but it's mostly just an intro/tour IIRC. I thankfully didn't have to miss much class to drive up from Virginia, but if you can't make it, you'll be fine.

It's really not a huge deal. I'm a current Dentpath student, so I interviewed last year, and there was definitely a good chunk of people who didn't show up on Friday. I think it was helpful to get a feel for the campus/school (especially now, with so much construction going on - which sucks, but it's gonna look awesome when we're D2 students and the renovations are done), but it's mostly just an intro/tour IIRC. I thankfully didn't have to miss much class to drive up from Virginia, but if you can't make it, you'll be fine.

Okay. Thank you!

Did they ever call you back or send you an email? They left me a voicemail on Friday saying they would send an email, but never did. I called back and left a message, but haven’t heard back.

When do they start interviewing for dentpath

When do they start interviewing for dentpath

The other day, we asked Jae (who calls the people for interviews and runs Dentpath) about the incoming class. They usually do all of the Dentpath interviews on the last date (along with the final set of normal DDS interviews), which is in late-October or early November. So even if you indicated that you'd be possibly interested in Dentpath, you might still get an interview for D1 between now and the last date.

I got an email to RSVP after the call. Dont think I got one after that though

Hey Bud! I called the Admissions office earlier today and spoke with Ms. Lisa Sullivan (whom btw is probably one of the nicest people alive lol) and she informed me that she indeed received my RSVP. They didn't send me a confirmation e-mail or anything. She said that if you filled out the google form within the link in the interview invitation e-mail that you got after you got the initial interview invitation phone call, then you should be golden that they received your RSVP.

My guess is that they are waiting for all of us that got interview invitations to RSVP before they will e-mail us out the more specific agenda/schedule of Friday & Saturday!

I'm excited to meet everyone at the interview!

I did have a question for anyone that may potentially know: Does anyone know the amount of candidates they accept from the first interview date? Is it rolling or it is a set amount of candidates per interview date? (i.e. they will only accept a certain amount of us per interview date?) I hope that made sense lol. Thanks!

Does anyone know when the dentpath invites are sent out?

Just read answer! Thanks!!!

Guys!
Anyone knows how many students get invited to interview at OSU and how many gets the acceptance offer?

Guys!
Anyone knows how many students get invited to interview at OSU and how many gets the acceptance offer?

While I don't know the exact numbers, I think about 50-55% of interviewees get an offer (maybe more), but they counter this by generally sending out fewer invites. Only about 300 total interviews across 4 dates, mostly from Ohio. However, I don't remember where I saw those numbers, and I think they're about a decade old, so it could definitely have changed/I could be very wrong.

Just got the call today at 9:35am!! Let's go!!!
I'll see everyone interviewing on the 28th - 29th! so excited :):):):):):)

Does anyone know statistics on how many candidates they interviewed last year? Or how the interview process is broken down? This is my first interview invite....this is my 3rd application cycle, so all the eggs are in this basket I guess. I'm IS.

Idk if this is just a rumor, but I was told by a previous dental student at OSU that interviewed two years ago that the interviewers only look at the essays questions/extra-curriculars/supplemental essays during the interview and not numerical statistics...anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!!!
Hey, are you familiar with this school interview? any tips or advices on how is the interview will proceed. Thank you

Hey, can you please give us some tips about this interview? I do not think I am going to be able to go Friday either. Thanks

Hey, can you please give us some tips about this interview? I do not think I am going to be able to go Friday either. Thanks

I'm assuming it hasn't changed much from last year when we had 4 MMI tables. Basically, Friday is an optional intro day. You show up, meet some potential classmates, meet some current students, meet a couple professors, and tour/get a feel for the school and the campus. It's very relaxed, and it's not gonna hurt you if you can't go. Saturday is the big day, and you're gonna wanna show up extra early, cause you have to find parking and it's not at the dental school, it's on the other side of campus. But again, it's relaxed, a lot more than my VCU interview last year was.

You show up at the hotel, they have refreshments to help calm your nerves, they introduce themselves again. Then, you split into two groups, and one group interviews 1st. They take you upstairs, split you off into lines of 4 people, and you go into your respective room. Each room has 2 lines, but within your own line, there are 4 tables you rotate between. You have 15 minutes/table, and that 15 minutes goes by super quickly. There are 2 tables with dental students, and 2 tables with professors. Before sitting down at the table, you get a few minutes to read a bio about the person(s) you're about to talk to, to get some background to help with the conversation. And each table truly is like a conversation. A couple of the tables have a specific question (like "you have to give a patient bad news, what do you do?"), but for the most part, they aren't super structured. I talked to one table about how I enjoy indoor rock climbing and another table about how I was turned off of dentistry for a long time because I'd undergone so much painful dental work.

It's actually kinda fun, you'll do great. Just make sure to introduce yourself at each table, smile the whole time, and thank them afterward. Also, drink water between each one so your throat doesn't get dry (they have water in the room). AND ASK PERSONALIZED QUESTIONS (that's what the bios are for). If you can get them talking about themselves, you're golden. The people at each table have looked at your app and have it in front of them, but they only asked me questions about my essays/ECs when I was interviewing. I don't think the people interviewing you really care about your numbers, unless something really stands out. Side note: with 7 other people in the room talking (the dividers don't really help with sound), make sure you get good at drowning out other noises.

After that (or before, if you're in group 2), your entire group does an anything-goes Q&A with current students, where you can literally ask about anything since there isn't anyone in the room but students and your fellow interviewees. And then, once everyone is done, you get a pretty good free lunch.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.