The Official Osteopathic Underdawgs & Others 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allosteopath

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In light of finally getting verified, I figured I would start up this thread since AACOMAS will be transmitting soon, and I can't help but find ways to distract myself from secondaries.

As posted in previous years (with minor edits). I'm sure there are others who are not underdawgs who are eager to participate in such a thread, so I've included a little section for "others"

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! Good luck!

This thread is meant to help each other through secondaries, interviews, and beyond I want us to be able to post anything and have similar individuals comment and provide feedback.

Underdawg = Term reserved for those with less than a 3.25 sGPA or cGPA or an MCAT below 500 or a subsection score below 125. (MCAT of 24 if using old, which I'm not sure is still being accepted at this point)

Other = Does not fall within the above criteria.

Below is the explanation for the selection of particular scores for MCAT.

Based on a hypothetical chart showing old (before 2015) MCAT conversions between the estimated scale score (1-15) and the percentiles of each of those scores (0-100), the 50th percentile is a composite score of around 25. So one could consider the individual scores within Verbal Reasoning, Biological Sciences, and Physical Sciences of 7-8 to be around the 50th percentile as well. So thus we can consider underdawgs to have a composite score that is below the 50th percentile (or around a 24).

So with that in mind, we can consider the 2015 MCAT composite score of 500 to be the 50th percentile. So scores below 500 could be considered "underdawg" range (or individual scores below 125).....again, this is VERY hypothetical as percentiles vary slightly across test dates).

Perhaps the largest challenge of having "OK" academic stats are getting through the primary and secondary screens to the point of landing an interview. In many cases, an interview is a subliminal message from the school that they believe you can succeed in the preclinical and clinical curriculum of medical school.

If you feel any additional information please message the pre-DO mods.

Previous Underdog Threads:
2018-2019 Underdawgs Thread
2017-2018 Underdawgs Thread
2016-2017 Underdawgs Thread
2015-2016 Underdog results

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent underdog list.
2) Delete the quote brackets at both the top and the bottom of the post.
3a) Add your username alphabetically if it is not on the list.
3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
4) If you see some formatting errors and you have time, try to fix them.
5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
*Special Consideration: Military Service, International Student, IA

DowningJP 3.44/3.44 507 (127/124/128/128) / Verified 06/12/2019/1°-12/ 2°-TBD/ II-/A-/ Non-trad USA&Canada citizen with Canadian degree, Upward trend (last 3 years >3.88)

Others:

Members don't see this ad.

Is the IA in special considerations Intercollegiate Athletics?

Members don't see this ad :)
In light of finally getting verified, I figured I would start up this thread since AACOMAS will be transmitting soon, and I can't help but find ways to distract myself from secondaries.

As posted in previous years (with minor edits). I'm sure there are others who are not underdawgs who are eager to participate in such a thread, so I've included a little section for "others"

This thread is meant to help each other through secondaries, interviews, and beyond I want us to be able to post anything and have similar individuals comment and provide feedback.

Underdawg = Term reserved for those with less than a 3.25 sGPA or cGPA or an MCAT below 500 or a subsection score below 125. (MCAT of 24 if using old, which I'm not sure is still being accepted at this point)

Based on a hypothetical chart showing old (before 2015) MCAT conversions between the estimated scale score (1-15) and the percentiles of each of those scores (0-100), the 50th percentile is a composite score of around 25. So one could consider the individual scores within Verbal Reasoning, Biological Sciences, and Physical Sciences of 7-8 to be around the 50th percentile as well. So thus we can consider underdawgs to have a composite score that is below the 50th percentile (or around a 24).

So with that in mind, we can consider the 2015 MCAT composite score of 500 to be the 50th percentile. So scores below 500 could be considered "underdawg" range (or individual scores below 125).....again, this is VERY hypothetical as percentiles vary slightly across test dates).

Perhaps the largest challenge of having "OK" academic stats are getting through the primary and secondary screens to the point of landing an interview. In many cases, an interview is a subliminal message from the school that they believe you can succeed in the preclinical and clinical curriculum of medical school.

3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration

BASBaseball15 3.43/3.50 / 504 (125/123/128/128) / Verified 06/10/2019/1°-14/ 2°-TBD/ II-/A-/Four years of college baseball (not sure if this is a special consideration).
DowningJP 3.44/3.44 507 (127/124/128/128) / Verified 06/12/2019/1°-12/ 2°-TBD/ II-/A-/Non-trad USA&Canada citizen with Canadian degree, Upward trend (last 3 years >3.88)

Others:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

BASBaseball15 3.43/3.50 / 504 (125/123/128/128) / Verified 06/10/2019/1°-14/ 2°-TBD/ II-/A-/Four years of college baseball (not sure if this is a special consideration).
DocMom84 cGPA: 3.46/sGPA: 3.67 / MCAT: 487 -->499 / AACOMAS Verified: 5/24/19/ 1°-24/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / Non-trad, URM (once homeless)
DowningJP 3.44/3.44 507 (127/124/128/128) / Verified 06/12/2019/1°-12/ 2°-TBD/ II-/A-/Non-trad USA&Canada citizen with Canadian degree, Upward trend (last 3 years >3.88)

Others:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

DocMom84 cGPA: 3.46/sGPA: 3.67 / MCAT: 487 -->499 / AACOMAS Verified: 5/24/19/ 1°-24/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / Non-trad, URM (once homeless)
High Young cGPA 3.28 / sGPA 3.12 / MCAT 506 (128/124/127/127) / Verified 5/24 1°-23/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / Non-trad (post-bac 45 credits GPA 4.0), ORM (Asian)

Others:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

DowningJP 3.44/3.44 507 (127/124/128/128) / Verified 06/12/2019/1°-14/ 2°-3+/ II-/A-/Non-trad USA&Canada citizen with Canadian degree, Upward trend (last 3 years >3.88)
High Young cGPA 3.28 / sGPA 3.12 / MCAT 506 (128/124/127/127) / Verified 5/24 1°-23/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / Non-trad (post-bac 45 credits GPA 4.0), ORM (Asian)

Others:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

DowningJP 3.44/3.44 507 (127/124/128/128) / Verified 06/12/2019/1°-14/ 2°-3+/ II-/A-/Non-trad USA&Canada citizen with Canadian degree, Upward trend (last 3 years >3.88)
Passionatepremed57 cGPA 3.39 / sGPA 3.12 / MCAT (retake on the 29th, 499 two years ago) / Verified 06/18/2019 / 1°-58/ 2°-3+ II: / A: /

Others:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

Passionatepremed57 cGPA 3.39 / sGPA 3.12 / MCAT (retake on the 29th, 499 two years ago) / Verified 06/18/2019 / 1°-58/ 2°-3+ II: / A: /
SoFreshSoSpleen cGPA 3.09 / sGPA 2.98 / MCAT 505 (127/125/128/125) / AACOMAS Verified: 6/8/19 / 1°-17/ 2°-7+(TBD)/ II-/A-/pbGPA: Only 12 credits but 4.0, ~3000 hours clinical experience as EMT, EMT Supervisor, Emergency Medicine Researcher, ED Tech

Others:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

Globallymed cGPA 3.2/ SMP 3.8 / MCAT 509, 521/ nontrad, Asian/ Awaiting verification

SoFreshSoSpleen cGPA 3.09 / sGPA 2.98 / MCAT 505 (127/125/128/125) / AACOMAS Verified: 6/8/19 / 1°-17/ 2°-7+(TBD)/ II-/A-/pbGPA: Only 12 credits but 4.0, ~3000 hours clinical experience as EMT, EMT Supervisor, Emergency Medicine Researcher, ED Tech

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
camoixu 3.10/3.01/ 510 (126/125/128/131) Verified 06/05/2019/1°-21/ 2°-TBD/II-/A-/Non trad, 3.92gpa post-bacc (last 60+ credits), disadvantaged, ~3000hrs of clinical experience (paid and volunteer)
Globallymed cGPA 3.2/ SMP 3.8 / MCAT 509, 521/ nontrad, Asian/ Awaiting verification

Aburke94: cGPA: 3.3/ sGPA: 2.9 / MCAT 499 (124/125/126/126) / Verified 6/27 /1°-17 / 2°-TBD/II-/A- /Non-trad, 2000+ hours paid research experience

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck guys. You’ve got this! Anyone else applying to MD programs as well?

Good luck guys. You’ve got this! Anyone else applying to MD programs as well?

Not me! DO fits my career goals and interests.

I also wish good luck for my fellow applicants, where there's a will there's a way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's get it!!!! Low GPA squad checking in

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
Aburke94: cGPA: 3.3/ sGPA: 2.9 / MCAT 499 (124/125/126/126) / Verified 6/27 /1°-17 / 2°-TBD/II-/A- /Non-trad, 2000+ hours paid research experience
camoixu 3.10/3.01/ 510 (126/125/128/131) Verified 06/05/2019/1°-21/ 2°-TBD/II-/A-/Non trad, 3.92gpa post-bacc (last 60+ credits), disadvantaged, ~3000hrs of clinical experience (paid and volunteer)

High Young cGPA 3.28 / sGPA 3.12 / MCAT 506 (128/124/127/127) / Verified 5/24 1°-23/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / Non-trad (post-bac 45 credits GPA 4.0), ORM (Asian)1
Nesstastic cGPA 3.37 / sGPA 3.18 / MCAT 507 (126/126/128/127) / AACOMAS Verified 7/2/19 / 1°-19 / 2°-12+(TBD) / II: 1 / A: / Nothing too special, just come from an underserved community and have lots of volunteering/work with underserved communities

Last edited:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:

Nesstastic cGPA 3.37 / sGPA 3.18 / MCAT 507 (126/126/128/127) / AACOMAS Verified 7/2/19 / 1°-19 / 2°-11+(TBD) / II: / A: / Nothing too special, just come from an underserved community and have lots of volunteering/work with underserved communities
SoFreshSoSpleen cGPA 3.09 / sGPA 2.98 / MCAT 505 (127/125/128/125) / AACOMAS Verified: 6/8/19 / 1°-17/ 2°-15/ II: ACOM /A: ACOM /pbGPA: Only 12 credits but 4.0, Over 3000 hours clinical experience as EMT, EMT Supervisor, Emergency Medicine Researcher, ED Tech

I have a question. If I have a cGPA 3.6 and 512 MCAT, and extremely mediocre ec's, can I still get accepted to a D.O. school? I have some research experience, hospital volunteer experience, but nothing really crazy. How many D.O. schools should I apply to? What are my chances? Thanks for any help!

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
DO_soon2be: cGPA 3.18/sGPA 3.20/ MCAT: 497-->505 (128,123,126,128)/ verified: 5-12/1°: only 2/ 2°: also 2/ II: ATSU SOMA (II waitlist at AZCOM)/ come from rural community, 2k+ hours scribing, wanting to pursue primary care, good amount of shadowing (~80 hours, family med)

Nesstastic cGPA 3.37 / sGPA 3.18 / MCAT 507 (126/126/128/127) / AACOMAS Verified 7/2/19 / 1°-19 / 2°-11+(TBD) / II: / A: / Nothing too special, just come from an underserved community and have lots of volunteering/work with underserved communities
SoFreshSoSpleen cGPA 3.09 / sGPA 2.98 / MCAT 505 (127/125/128/125) / AACOMAS Verified: 6/8/19 / 1°-17/ 2°-15/ II: ACOM /A: ACOM /pbGPA: Only 12 credits but 4.0, Over 3000 hours clinical experience as EMT, EMT Supervisor, Emergency Medicine Researcher, ED Tech

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
DO_soon2be: cGPA 3.18/sGPA 3.20/ MCAT: 497-->505 (128,123,126,128)/ verified: 5-12/1°: only 2/ 2°: also 2/ II: ATSU SOMA (II waitlist at AZCOM)/ come from rural community, 2k+ hours scribing, wanting to pursue primary care, good amount of shadowing (~80 hours, family med)

tevvie: cGPA 3.04/ sGPA 3.03/ MCAT 511 (127/127/129/128) / AACOMAS Verified 7/17/19 / 1°-23/ 2°-18/ II: / A: / Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
foxy-grampa: cGPA 3.19 / sGPA 3.07 / pbGPA 3.6 / MCAT: 514 (125/129/129/131) / AACOMAS Verified 6/10/2019 / 1° - 17 / 2° - 12 / II - / A - / Non-trad, first-gen, 3 years full-time clinical research experience
tevvie: cGPA 3.04/ sGPA 3.03/ MCAT 511 (127/127/129/128) / AACOMAS Verified 7/17/19 / 1°-23/ 2°-18/ II: / A: / Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist

Just as a bit of encouragement for all the underdogs - I started the 2016-2017 thread and am currently a third year! Don’t let numbers get you down, you can all do this! Best of luck.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I'm not applying DO, but I saw this thread and wanted to provide a fresh perspective on stats:

As you can see from the spreadsheet, DO schools accept a WIDE range of GPA/MCAT combinations, so don't count yourself out just because your GPA/MCAT isn't as high as you'd like. Schools know that your stats don't define you, and DO schools subscribe to that philosophy even more.

You're all still very competitive, and I'm sure you'd all make great doctors! Best of luck to you all.

Just want to update. Got 5 IIs so far, with 2 from MD schools. Good luck to you guys. We underdawgs got this.

I was a fellow Underdawg last year and now I am trudging through the rigors of first year. Keep your heads high, be proud of what you have accomplished so far and keep working to improve that application until you receive that acceptance email. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 1 users
You had a 521 MCAT and a 3.8 SMP, you are far from an underdawg my friend.

I always think of myself as an underdawg because I have a very low undergrad GPA. But I do see your point. Still, I am rooting for the underdawgs. :)

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
foxy-grampa: cGPA 3.19 / sGPA 3.07 / pbGPA 3.6 / MCAT: 514 (125/129/129/131) / AACOMAS Verified 6/10/2019 / 1° - 17 / 2° - 12 / II - / A - / Non-trad, first-gen, 3 years full-time clinical research experience
LarkspurDoc cGPA 3.07 / sGPA 3.23 / MCAT 512 (127/128/130/127) / AACOMAS Verified 8/20 1°-25/ 2°-25 II: 2 / A: / ORM middling ECs Medical Assistant

Last edited:

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
LarkspurDoc cGPA 3.07 / sGPA 3.23 / MCAT 512 (127/128/130/127) / Verified 8/20 1°-25/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / ORM middling ECs Medical Assistant
Sixersfan cGPA 3.72 / sGPA 3.64 / MCAT 498 (125/123/124/126) / AACOMAS Verified 7/15/2019 / 1˚-11 / 2˚-9 / II: 1 / A: / Come from and am passionate for practicing in a rural area. First generation college student. Not a whole lot of volunteering, good amount of shadowing, great LORs, unique hobbies

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I was wondering how everyone's cycle is going? Would love to hear from my fellow underdawgs! Best of luck to you all.

Hi everyone! I was wondering how everyone's cycle is going? Would love to hear from my fellow underdawgs! Best of luck to you all.
Just had my first interview of the cycle at ATSU in AZ last Friday! Its my top choice so fingers crossed for some good news in the next few weeks!

Finally received my first II at my dream school! I hope y’all get one too!

I received my first II last week!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted yesterday!

Hi Everyone~ Hope your cycle is going well.
I am currently sitting at:
II -2
Pre II hold - 2
R - 2
Low stats in both GPA and MCAT.

Hi Everyone~ Hope your cycle is going well.
I am currently sitting at:
II -2
Pre II hold - 2
R - 2
Low stats in both GPA and MCAT.

do you mind sharing stats and the schools you have IIs/got Rs from?

do you mind sharing stats and the schools you have IIs/got Rs from?
I messaged you! But I forgot this was the Underdawg thread so i'll post it for everyone.

uGPA is 3.3/gGPA is 3.89 /MCAT 499 to 503/ Verified June 3rd/ II: TUNCOM, PNWU/ A: --

Hi ya’ll. I’m late to the party but just want to say good luck to all the underdawgs applying this year and congrats to those who have been accepted. The cycle has been going well for me so far with 5 IIs with 2 being MD. My stats are 3.1 uGPA, 3.7 postbacc, 3.77 SMP, 514 MCAT

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted last week to my top choice!! This is one for the underdawgs (LizzyM 61.2)! Congratulations to the other underdawgs who have been accepted already and good luck to everyone in the rest of their cycle. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me! I'm an open book with stats and such.

Reactions: 5 users
For the underdawgs out there needing some hope in this whole process, ill give you my story. I was an underdawg, screwed around for oooooh about a decade before cracking down and focusing on school. I had a horrid gpa, im talking less than 3.0 science and cumulative with a ton of crediit hours. I also had a good 14 withdrawls if I remember right. Hell, I withdrew from downhills skiing......twice.. what the hell right? I reevaluated where I was going, focused on my studies, volunteered at a homeless shelter, got my EMT license and worked as an ED tech for several years, studied hard for the mcat and did well (old mcat, 36, 12 each section), and was able to get into multiple DO schools and PA schools. I finished 3rd in my med school class, did very well on my USMLE/COMLEX, got into an EM/IM/CC program and now working as an attending in an ICU and in the ED. You can totally do this, just prioritize, focus and get it done.

Reactions: 10 users
Hi :) I gathered a lot of courage to also post and talk about being an underdawg. I believe in jinxing, but still decided to post anyways and help others who may be in my shoes as well :) because I remember looking over these posts since the past 3 years trying to figure where people with similar stats as mine were accepted LOL :D.

This is a long post, but I want to be honest to all :)

Stats: ORM, CA, female, cGPA: 3.3ish (don't remember exactly), sGPA: 3.2ish (I forgot how AACOMAS calculated it), 4.0 post bacc (30 credits) MCAT: 500, 504.
Publication: 1 humanities publication
Research: not too much. Um, a humanities research and a unique research on animals.
EC's: too much volunteering since high school. Hospital (different positions), preventive care volunteering, mentor, ESL teacher, etc. I just love volunteering because it really exposed be to diverse communities that allowed me to further appreciate them along with gaining a diverse worldview which is essential to be a great physician :) Volunteer in organizations you are passionate about and I know you will enjoy your experience :) You don't have to do something big, but just serve your local community and give back to the community that helped you and your family when you were growing up-this is the mindset that really motivated me to volunteer and helped me develop love and passion for volunteering and serving others (hope to continue in medical school and beyond as a physician:) )

Background: I just wanted to say that I grew up low income for majority of my life and was the first in my family to even go to college. Circumstances definitely challenged me growing up as my family was poor and we barely made it through. Somehow I worked hard and circumstances and God gave me courage to work hard. It was tough to be out there on your own, but my family really motivated me and God motivated me and I somehow made it :)

I ended up going to a pretty big public university in CA and boy it was really competitive. I felt super behind and even ended up being behind in grades as I was not well prepared to take the challenges of organic chemistry and some of the biologies as well. My science gpa was low when I graduated and I felt like my dream had ended and nothing could be done about it. No matter how hard I worked, somehow it didn't show on the exams. I wanted to give up, but my family really encouraged me and I also became self motivated to fight for my dream so I did. I felt alone at the moment as I felt all my classmates were moving ahead after graduation and I was behind, but I did not get sad, but instead became more positive and motivated to bring myself up.

I did a gap year and did a DIY post bacc and ended up with a 4.0 for 30 credits I took which was a major surprise, but somehow I made it by changing my studying methods, doing hardcore rote memorizations by spaced repetition, and fully focusing on my grades, exercising, and volunteering as a way to keep balance :) Moreover, I was always the person being involved in my community so I volunteered quite a lot in my local hospital since I was in high school, volunteered as a mentor, as an ESL teacher, and volunteered in preventive care organizations as well :)

My MCAT was 504 which was decent and honestly I had limited time on studying for the MCAT, so I went ahead with the 504.

Indeed, by the time I was applying, I ended up writing my personal statement like two weeks before I submitted which was bad, but I wrote my heart out including my journey to medicine and how it came to be along with my vision of helping others who also came from low income backgrounds. I witnessed how low SES lead to poor health in my family, so I decided to talk about this and my passion for preventive care.

By talking about my passion, I somehow got a handful of 5 II's :) . I am surprised by the II's I got because I thought I would get perhaps 1, so definitely I was surprised. On my first interview I was definitely really nervous, but I decided to be myself. I of course doubted myself, but then I thought I got an interview for a reason, so they did see something in me so I did my best and I honestly thought I failed the interview. I felt like I could've said more, but you know what I judge myself way too harshly and that's what I feel I did in this case because I have a habit of doing so, so please do not harshly judge yourselves after the interviews. You actually might be surprised by how well you may have done.

Anyways, cue in I cried all the way back to my hotel and then restaurant I ate before taking a flight back to CA at midnight lol :D. I was upset that God finally gave me a chance and I kind of blew it, so I was very sad and I also got the flu on the way back which was fun I guess. I was really upset, but guess what?! I got accepted! I was shocked and I still am. I cannot believe I am going to be a doctor. My parents and grandmother were equally shocked as well and are so happy because they worked really hard to get me to this place, so I am happy I gave them some hope that I will be able to improve our lives and also the lives of those who have had limited means. This is my journey. I had family to support me, but there were moments when I was alone and in those moments I had self doubts, however, I somehow found strength and motivation which I believe God gave me. God brought me till this path and I know he has something good in store for me. All I can do is believe :)

So, if you feel alone or in self doubt, please do not give up. Mistakes happen. We all are human and of course when our GPA's or MCAT are low we immediately feel the need to give up, but don't please. You all will make it and I know you all will be great physicians :) We all come from different backgrounds and advantages and disadvantages, but what makes us unique is that we all have different stories that will contribute to the great physicians we will come to be.

Everyone says be yourself at the interview and in the personal statement, but really be yourself and just express your viewpoints in a polite manner with a large smile on your face because that smile will appear if you are passionate about particular topics in medicine :). I think sometimes some get tangled in grades and EC's they do, but remember the bigger picture which is serving others and making their lives better (sounds cheesy, but it is the truth). We have to learn to gauge on to others' emotions, be polite, have the smile on the face because that starts the healing process immediately. So, in the interviews, just smile and show the type of doctor you will be to the interviewer. The interviewer just wants to see as a physician how will you react under stress and if their loved one ever becomes your patient, how you will treat them. So, be polite, buckle on to those manners our parents have brought us up with, and smile with warmth :) You all will make it. Because honestly if I can make it, everyone can :) We all deserve it :)

P.S. Thank you to those who read this super long post :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
CJK 3.15/3.25 / 507 (124/128/127/128) Verified 08/05/2019/1°-9/ 2°-7/II-(NYITCOM-AR, RVU-SU, WesternU COMP-NW) /A-(RVU-SU!), Non trad, 3.8gpa last 60+ credits, ~4000hrs of clinical experience (paid), bilingual.
LarkspurDoc cGPA 3.07 / sGPA 3.23 / MCAT 512 (127/128/130/127) / Verified 8/20 1°-25/ 2°-TBD II: / A: / ORM middling ECs Medical Assistant
Sixersfan cGPA 3.72 / sGPA 3.64 / MCAT 498 (125/123/124/126) / AACOMAS Verified 7/15/2019 / 1˚-11 / 2˚-9 / II: 1 / A: / Come from and am passionate for practicing in a rural area. First generation college student. Not a whole lot of volunteering, good amount of shadowing, great LORs, unique hobbies

5) Click "Post Reply"

Underdawgs:
CJK 3.15/3.25 / 507 (124/128/127/128) Verified 08/05/2019/1°-9/ 2°-7/II-(NYITCOM-AR, RVU-SU, WesternU COMP-NW) /A-(RVU-SU!), Non trad, 3.8gpa last 60+ credits, ~4000hrs of clinical experience (paid), bilingual.
Sixersfan cGPA 3.72 / sGPA 3.64 / MCAT 498 (125/123/124/126) / AACOMAS Verified 7/15/2019 / 1°-11 / 2˚-9 / II: 1 / A: / Come from and am passionate for practicing in a rural area. First generation college student. Not a whole lot of volunteering, good amount of shadowing, great LORs, unique hobbies
GOGREEN4250 cGPA 3.15/ sGPA 3.00/ SMP 3.8 MCAT 493(121,124,124,124) ----> 505 (125,127,126,127)/ AACOMAS Verified 10/16/2019/ 1°-22 / 2˚-17 so far / II: / A: / Applied late due to having a heart issue diagnosed which caused me to re-take the MCAT later than anticipated. Average to below average ECs (100 volunteer hours in the ER, 40 Hours shadowing, 0 research, Good LOR including D.O) interested and open to pursuing primary care

Last edited:
FoxyGrampa I hope you applied to your state MDs and a few other MDs. I think you have a shot at them- that sounds like some solid re-invention.

FoxyGrampa I hope you applied to your state MDs and a few other MDs. I think you have a shot at them- that sounds like some solid re-invention.

Thank you, I actually did! And strangely enough I’ve heard nothing from DO schools but I got an MD II yesterday! :happy:

Thank you, I actually did! And strangely enough I’ve heard nothing from DO schools but I got an MD II yesterday! :happy:
Congrats! Now practice practice practice interviewing with someone who will give you honest feedback.