Interviewed: 4/19
Accepted: 4/23 (2:30 pm)
In state and super excited!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed: 4/19
Accepted: 4/23 (2:30 pm)
In state and super excited!!!
Congrats!!!! Did they happen to mention the number of seats still available? I know that's not something that comes up randomly, LOL.

Congrats!!!! Did they happen to mention the number of seats still available? I know that's not something that comes up randomly, LOL.

Thanks! They didn't give an exact number, but mentioned that they still need to fill 1/3 of the class. So, there is still a good amount of seats left.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email yesterday at 3pm inviting me for an interview. OOS-from Minnesota. Going to call shortly to set up a date. :)

I got an email yesterday at 3pm inviting me for an interview. OOS-from Minnesota. Going to call shortly to set up a date. :)
Congratulation. Could you share your status, please?

Congratulation. Could you share your status, please?
Yes. I was able to set up an interview on 5/14. They said to expect to be there from 8-2 and not much else.

Reactions: 1 user
Both overall and science GPA are 3.85. AA/TS: 19 and PA:18. ~4000 hours as a licensed dental assistant.
When you're there can you ask what date they will conclude interviewing. Thank you!!

When you're there can you ask what date they will conclude interviewing. Thank you!!
There was someone who just scheduled for next Monday. I think that will be their last one?

Id say just call the school. The staff are really responsive usually in my experience. They'll prob just have you email them any updates to the application so they have them in writing. If it's about classes, you can update those through the AADSAS and they get submitted to the schools when your new transcripts come in.

I've been in now for 1 month of classes doing gross anatomy. I'm loving OHSU. My suggestions for people that get accepted would be to look for places either east of the school or on the south waterfront near the school. Having no commute or a biking commute is mega nice, although you can get a year long pass to the bus system subsidized for $80/year which is what I'm doing and biking. I'm in the lake oswego area (about 40 mins bike distance away, south of the school) and its OK but a bit far.

I hope you guys are getting some interviews but be aware that they interviewed last year all they way into april (my interview was in april and I got accepted the week before classes started) I had a 3.4 OGPA/21 DAT. So hang in there and I know some people that got accepted in my immediate group of friends now that had like 18-19 DAT's and a gal that had a 3.1GPA that got accepted so dont stress too much if you dont get an interview right away.

The school is pretty great, granted I've only got 1 month into classes but so far none of the sim clinic instructors have been jerks, and the anatomy professors are all hillarious and want you to succeed. There havent been any cutthroat gunner types of students that I've seen and everyone really helps eachother out on our class facebook page, sharing notes etc and helpful things for our classes. I may not answer often but I pop into SDN about 1x per week so if you have any questions of a current DS1 let me know. I'm happy to help.

Are they biased towards in state students vs oos?

Also, when do they start inviting applicants for interviews? I heard they don’t typically start until classes begin for OHSU.

Thanks ahead of time!

Are they biased towards in state students vs oos?

Also, when do they start inviting applicants for interviews? I heard they don’t typically start until classes begin for OHSU.

Thanks ahead of time!

Kinda, they generally get 50 in-staters and 25 out-of-staters.
They interview from Sept to April ish. They have everyone finalized by end of April usually except for last minute cancelers.

Kinda, they generally get 50 in-staters and 25 out-of-staters.
They interview from Sept to April ish. They have everyone finalized by end of April usually except for last minute cancelers.
Probably not usually the case, but I got an invite in May!

Status
Not open for further replies.