****The Official OHSU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't usually even start looking at the applications very much until after classes begin with the new students in august. I'm on the alternate list, still hoping to get acceptance for the previous cycle (fingers crossed).

Good luck. It's a great school, If I don't get in this year I hope to do so this coming year with you guys :)

Last edited:
They dont usually start even looking at the applications much till after classes begin with the new students in august. I'm on the alternate list, still hoping to get acceptance for the previous cycle (fingers crossed).

Good luck. It's a great school, If I don't get in this year I hope to do so this coming year with you guys :)

I've been rooting for you, I hope you get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off the wait list for the 2021 cycle, was told that i'm 1 of 2 that have moved on it. Super excited! Now you guys wont have to compete with a slot for me. I'll see you guys in a year when you get accepted :) Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted off the wait list for the 2021 cycle, was told that i'm 1 of 2 that have moved on it. Super excited! Now you guys wont have to compete with a slot for me. I'll see you guys in a year when you get accepted :) Best of luck.

Congrats!! You should contact ADEA AADSAS, they’ll give you a refund for your app fees for this cycle if you show them proof that you were accepted

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! You should contact ADEA AADSAS, they’ll give you a refund for your app fees for this cycle if you show them proof that you were accepted
Oh really? that could be VERY useful since I applied to 15 schools... Where have you seen that this is possible? It could save me a deposit on my apartment.

Last edited:
Oh really? that could be VERY useful since I applied to 15 schools... Where have you seen that this is possible? It could save me a deposit on my apartment.

It’s in the AADSAS 2018 instructions:

“Does ADEA AADSAS give refunds? It is a vital part of the process that the full instructions are read and the application is reviewed to ensure the necessary steps are taken to complete the application. Once an application is submitted, refunds are typically not granted. In special circumstances, though, refund requests will be reviewed. Applicants must submit a brief, written request within 30 calendar days of the end of the cycle to [email protected]. ADEA reserves the right to grant or deny requests at its own discretion. Any refund granted will be returned to the applicant in the format it was paid. Reapplicants accepted after June 1 to the previous cycle can request a refund; requests must be made within two weeks of the acceptance which will be verified by ADEA AADSAS staff.”

It’s in the AADSAS 2018 instructions:

“Does ADEA AADSAS give refunds? It is a vital part of the process that the full instructions are read and the application is reviewed to ensure the necessary steps are taken to complete the application. Once an application is submitted, refunds are typically not granted. In special circumstances, though, refund requests will be reviewed. Applicants must submit a brief, written request within 30 calendar days of the end of the cycle to [email protected]. ADEA reserves the right to grant or deny requests at its own discretion. Any refund granted will be returned to the applicant in the format it was paid. Reapplicants accepted after June 1 to the previous cycle can request a refund; requests must be made within two weeks of the acceptance which will be verified by ADEA AADSAS staff.”
Super helpful thanks, you even include the email address for me. When/if you get accepted, please ask for me and I'll take you to lunch. (Assuming you go to OHSU) PM me here for my deets.

Super helpful thanks, you even include the email address for me. When/if you get accepted, please ask for me and I'll take you to lunch. (Assuming you go to OHSU) PM me here for my deets.
Thank you! I will definitely take you up on that if I get an interview at OHSU! I hope you get the refund!

Hey guys!! Does anyone know how to submit an update on our application to OHSU?~

Hey guys!! Does anyone know how to submit an update on our application to OHSU?~
Id say just call the school. The staff are really responsive usually in my experience. They'll prob just have you email them any updates to the application so they have them in writing. If it's about classes, you can update those through the AADSAS and they get submitted to the schools when your new transcripts come in.

I've been in now for 1 month of classes doing gross anatomy. I'm loving OHSU. My suggestions for people that get accepted would be to look for places either east of the school or on the south waterfront near the school. Having no commute or a biking commute is mega nice, although you can get a year long pass to the bus system subsidized for $80/year which is what I'm doing and biking. I'm in the lake oswego area (about 40 mins bike distance away, south of the school) and its OK but a bit far.

I hope you guys are getting some interviews but be aware that they interviewed last year all they way into april (my interview was in april and I got accepted the week before classes started) I had a 3.4 OGPA/21 DAT. So hang in there and I know some people that got accepted in my immediate group of friends now that had like 18-19 DAT's and a gal that had a 3.1GPA that got accepted so dont stress too much if you dont get an interview right away.

The school is pretty great, granted I've only got 1 month into classes but so far none of the sim clinic instructors have been jerks, and the anatomy professors are all hillarious and want you to succeed. There havent been any cutthroat gunner types of students that I've seen and everyone really helps eachother out on our class facebook page, sharing notes etc and helpful things for our classes. I may not answer often but I pop into SDN about 1x per week so if you have any questions of a current DS1 let me know. I'm happy to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Id say just call the school. The staff are really responsive usually in my experience. They'll prob just have you email them any updates to the application so they have them in writing. If it's about classes, you can update those through the AADSAS and they get submitted to the schools when your new transcripts come in.

I've been in now for 1 month of classes doing gross anatomy. I'm loving OHSU. My suggestions for people that get accepted would be to look for places either east of the school or on the south waterfront near the school. Having no commute or a biking commute is mega nice, although you can get a year long pass to the bus system subsidized for $80/year which is what I'm doing and biking. I'm in the lake oswego area (about 40 mins bike distance away, south of the school) and its OK but a bit far.

I hope you guys are getting some interviews but be aware that they interviewed last year all they way into april (my interview was in april and I got accepted the week before classes started) I had a 3.4 OGPA/21 DAT. So hang in there and I know some people that got accepted in my immediate group of friends now that had like 18-19 DAT's and a gal that had a 3.1GPA that got accepted so dont stress too much if you dont get an interview right away.

The school is pretty great, granted I've only got 1 month into classes but so far none of the sim clinic instructors have been jerks, and the anatomy professors are all hillarious and want you to succeed. There havent been any cutthroat gunner types of students that I've seen and everyone really helps eachother out on our class facebook page, sharing notes etc and helpful things for our classes. I may not answer often but I pop into SDN about 1x per week so if you have any questions of a current DS1 let me know. I'm happy to help.

Thanks for all the advice! Do you end up getting the refund from AADSAS by the way?

Thanks for all the advice! Do you end up getting the refund from AADSAS by the way?
Indeed I did. 1500 bucks worth :) no supplemental applications from the schools but at least the main amount from AADSAS was refunded.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone out of state hear about an interview yet?

Still waiting here, OOS as well

In the first email they sent, they said they don't expect to send any updates or start reviewing apps until mid-September

Received an interview invitation Sept 13th, will interview in a month! So thrilled! I'm an in-state student, love the campus, have dreamed of attending this school for a long time <3

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Received an interview invitation Sept 13th, will interview in a month! So thrilled! I'm an in-state student, love the campus, have dreamed of attending this school for a long time <3

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations!

Congrats and good luck. Let me know if you have any questions about the process or what to expect.

Have they sent out any OOS invites yet?

They don't do very many OOS interviews. Only about 7% of OOS applicants get interviews at all.

Screenshot 2017-09-18 at 11.19.34 AM.png

Yeah, also they give 95%+ acceptance to those they interview, so if you get an interview, they REALLY want you and have vetted your application pretty thoroughly. They knew my application inside and out.

Also, remember, they interview people with top stats first for pre-december interviews/acceptances and continue to interview well into march/april. I know that of most that I've spoken to in my DS1 class, many interviewed post feb, march, and me in April. They run a long process, dont be surprised when it takes them a while to get to you.

I was updated on the portal that I’ve been put on hold. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Just got this email: "Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."
Anyone else? Anyone get something different? It's kinda weird...? So did they go through and reject people today? Cool to know they like me, but feels odd to say that but still tell me I don't have an interview

Just got this email: "Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only."
Anyone else? Anyone get something different? It's kinda weird...? So did they go through and reject people today? Cool to know they like me, but feels odd to say that but still tell me I don't have an interview
I just got that email too... very confused as to what's going on haha

I just got that email too. I interpreted it as they screened applicants out and we are being highly considered for an interview.

Got the "highly competitive" email tonight as well! According to last year's thread, this same email was sent out September 27, 2016 (exactly one year ago today) with interview invites arriving October 5. Best of luck to all!!!

I just got that email too. I interpreted it as they screened applicants out and we are being highly considered for an interview.
That was my assumption too but does that mean that they rejected people today too? Or is not getting that a soft rejection?

That was my assumption too but does that mean that they rejected people today too? Or is not getting that a soft rejection?
I think it could be either one haha but I believe only a select few got that email in my opinion

Enough with the teasing amirite? lol

Got the "highly competitive" email tonight as well! According to last year's thread, this same email was sent out September 27, 2016 (exactly one year ago today) with interview invites arriving October 5. Best of luck to all!!!
Good to know!! Thanks for doing the research I was too lazy to do lol

Hey guys just checked the 2021 forum. Apparently there's a "highly competitive" email sent out and another email sent out that's more of a soft rejection.

Anyone know how many of these emails they send out?

I was updated on the portal that I’ve been put on hold. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
Honestly you probably got put on hold because you applied to medical school just this past cycle to OHSU so they're confused why you're applying to dental all the sudden.

I think it just means we are all highly competitive. For some insight, I never got this email when applying before (and was never interviewed)

Last edited:
So the letter literally means what it says. I talked to someone with the school admissions last year before I got accepted and was told that people with at least a 3.2+ gpa and 18+ DAT were considered competitive. "Many/most" get interviews from that letter, but there were at least a few from last year that got interviews despite not getting that letter, or getting soft rejection (they usually updated their application with fall term grades and improved etc) So dont feel too bad if you dont get it, just make sure you do the academic update after fall term if you didnt so that you're still showing progress. If you got the letter, you'll be more likely to get an interview. Good luck guys! Those with higher grades will likely get interview invites soon for pre-December and December 1st acceptances. If you're under 3.7 dont be surprised if you dont get interviewed till later on in the cycle.

Last edited:
I got that email, but I'm oos so do you think my chance of getting an interview is still high? I feel like Oregon is oos friendly just not sure how friendly haha. I mean I have a 3.9 gpa & 21 AA but still

I got that email, but I'm oos so do you think my chance of getting an interview is still high? I feel like Oregon is oos friendly just not sure how friendly haha. I mean I have a 3.9 gpa & 21 AA but still
You've got good odds with decent stats like that. 1/3 the class is out of state, so if they like you you'll get in. That said, they get over 1k applications from out of state students so you've gotta stick out. Best of luck to you I hope it works out.

You've got good odds with decent stats like that. 1/3 the class is out of state, so if they like you you'll get in. That said, they get over 1k applications from out of state students so you've gotta stick out. Best of luck to you I hope it works out.
21 AA 3.76. Think I have a shot? I got the competitive email.

21 AA 3.76. Think I have a shot? I got the competitive email.
Of course you have a shot! They look at the whole picture and I cant see the rest of your aadsas, but if you want to PM it to me feel free and I can look it over some time. Your odds are way higher if you're in-state with those stats though.

I got in last minute with a 3.44 / 21AA, but I'm in-state and had some other things going for me but hopefully it works out for yall. We have a pre-dental group for ASDA that wants to do mock interviews, call the school (kevin from admissions would prob help you best, he's a great guy) if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.