*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I received an email 11 days ago that my application was received but on hold for my DAT scores which haven't been uploaded onto AADSAS yet (took it on the 14th)...
Do you get a supplemental app after they receive your DAT scores? I didn't get an email with any information about access to the portal or supplemental. (I'm 2nd batch btw.)

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email 11 days ago that my application was received but on hold for my DAT scores which haven't been uploaded onto AADSAS yet (took it on the 14th)...
Do you get a supplemental app after they receive your DAT scores? I didn't get an email with any information about access to the portal or supplemental. (I'm 2nd batch btw.)
Hmmm... I'm third batch and received email with supplemental on 7/20... But I took the DAT 6/5 so my scores had already been on AADSAS... Hopefully they contact you soon ;)

Reactions: 1 user
for the people who already got the interview, please please answer this

if you happen to check AADSAS portal, how long does it take from the day you saw "application is currently under review by admission committee" until the day you receive your interview invite?

any input will help.

Members don't see this ad :)

if you happen to check AADSAS portal, how long does it take from the day you saw "application is currently under review by admission committee" until the day you receive your interview invite?

any input will help.
LECOM isn't on my AADSAS portal but it took about 2 weeks from under review to invite.

LECOM isn't on my AADSAS portal but it took about 2 weeks from under review to invite.

I quite don't get you. So actually LECOM doesnt update your app to the status "currently under adcom review"?

I am asking because LECOM isn't up on my AADSAS portal either just until three days ago it popped up with this status next to the Under Review.

I quite don't get you. So actually LECOM doesnt update your app to the status "currently under adcom review"?

I am asking because LECOM isn't up on my AADSAS portal either just until three days ago it popped up with this status next to the Under Review.
Ya LECOM is still not in my AADSAS portal. I saw the update on the LECOM portal. About 2 weeks ago on the admission status tab it said it was sent to the committee for review and then Monday morning I checked it and it said I was scheduled for an interview. I didn't get an email until like 45 minutes later.

Ya LECOM is still not in my AADSAS portal. I saw the update on the LECOM portal. About 2 weeks ago on the admission status tab it said it was sent to the committee for review and then Monday morning I checked it and it said I was scheduled for an interview. I didn't get an email until like 45 minutes later.

Thank you. Well, I got the processed supplemental email on July 2nd from LECOM but didn't check my LECOM portal and AADSAS portal until I saw people getting interview from this school. So technically, my application was under review for probably 2 weeks already also......

I'm sure! I got it on 7/1 I think... And checked it later that week and it was under review. So maybe it was 3 weeks.

I'm sure! I got it on 7/1 I think... And checked it later that week and it was under review. So maybe it was 3 weeks.

Thanks. I see. Welll, I added LECOM to my school designation list like 1 week later from the day I submitted my application that made first batch. so that was probably why.

Thanks. I see. Welll, I added LECOM to my school designation list like 1 week later from the day I submitted my application that made first batch. so that was probably why.
I see. Well good luck man! Don't you have an interview at Midwestern-Arizona?

I see. Well good luck man! Don't you have an interview at Midwestern-Arizona?

yes, I had MWU AZ and NOVA interview. Thus, I think I should be able to gain an interview from LECOM soon. So I can go to NOVA and LECOM together if that works out.

Nice man. Well good luck!

any input will help.
The exact same thing happened to me. I guess we just wait now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally think that LECOM received a ton of applications during the first batch, and they are still working on the first batch of applicants (perhaps the second half now). I was in the first batch (and submitted by supplemental the day I received it) and my LECOM's status was just updated (currently under review) on my AADSAS account two days ago, which happen to be the day when some people got their interview invitations.

I still don't see LECOM on the AADSAS site but I filled out the supplemental already... I wonder why some can see it and others don't...

any input will help.
The school name doesnt even appear on my adea portal. I just got an email and then on their own website I saw that I had an invite.

Might be a dumb question but how long after the interview does it take to hear back if you're accepted/declined/wait list? Is it in December?

Might be a dumb question but how long after the interview does it take to hear back if you're accepted/declined/wait list? Is it in December?
Accepted and wait listed I'm sure it's December but rejected anytime after.

Are there any dental students that are currently at LECOM that could answer some questions of mine? If there are could you please pm me? Thanks!

I am a current first year at LECOM and here's how I understood the whole waitlist/ accepted thing went down.
If you are interviewed before December, the earliest you will hear something is beginning of Decemeber. If you are wait listed, then most likely the next month after you will be accepted or denied. After December, around the first of each month after is when they send out more rejections/ acceptances/ wait listed. For example, I interviewed January 8, and was accepted February 5. My roommate interviewed in October, was wait listed beginning of December (when the first round of acceptances/ waitlist go out) but was accepted January 5. Hope this helps! One girl in our class was accepted in April. They interview until the class is full at 100, had over 500 interviews last year and received I think 2300 applications. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Another current LECOM student (1st year)... so the stats they told us is basically 50/50 as far as IS/OS, and we are also split pretty evenly among the male female ratio (as are the previous 3 classes). We are in the stages of accreditation, and cannot become accredited until we graduate the first class in spring of 2016, BUT are guaranteed that accreditation (they won't let a school open unless it has a good plan, plus our board scores for the first few classes are in the upper 97%). Also, last year they were interviewing once or twice a week beginning in August, 24 per interview. Don't worry too much right now, the cycle just opened! They had to deal with us first years for the past month with orientation and everything, so they're just now beginning to look at all of you. For those of you who have not taken your DAT yet, have no fear. I took mine mid August and sent unofficial scores, and received an interview invite pre-December (I believe I had my interview in November). Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1 !!! Received the email this morning.

has any one from 2nd batch received any interviews?

has any one from 2nd batch received any interviews?

I'm 2nd batch, I took my DAT on the 14th of July which is probably why I am just now getting the supplemental today. Hopefully hear back from them soon. I've already gotten an invite from Nova earlier this week.

Just heard from LECOM today that my application is under review. :) Hoping to maybe hop onto thats Aug 20 interview :rolleyes:

Just heard from LECOM today that my application is under review. :) Hoping to maybe hop onto thats Aug 20 interview :rolleyes:
The earliest available is Sept 3rd now.

Is there a supplemental application or fee for LECOM? I just decided to apply yesterday and added it to AADSAS.

Is there a supplemental application or fee for LECOM? I just decided to apply yesterday and added it to AADSAS.
Yup! It's $50 and you pay online when an admissions officer contacts you with the supplemental app.

Yup! It's $50 and you pay online when an admissions officer contacts you with the supplemental app.

Thanks! Is the supplemental long? Basically how many essay questions?

Hey guys i am a reaplicant but first time applying to lecom. I just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks

Hey guys i am a reaplicant but first time applying to lecom. I just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks
Your new stats are awesome. Don't worry about QR I've heard so much that they don't weigh it heavily at all. Your gpa is average and your shad hours and extraordinary. You should be great :) my dat is 19AA but gpa of 3.8 and LECOM doesn't ask for a high DAT. We will both see though! Good luck!

Your new stats are awesome. Don't worry about QR I've heard so much that they don't weigh it heavily at all. Your gpa is average and your shad hours and extraordinary. You should be great :) my dat is 19AA but gpa of 3.8 and LECOM doesn't ask for a high DAT. We will both see though! Good luck!
Thanks that makes me feel better

Has everyone that has gotten an interview invite had their status changed in the school portal?

Hey guys... question: in the email stating you have received an interview it says there is an attachment explaining the PBL curriculum. My email only has
Has everyone that has gotten an interview invite had their status changed in the school portal?

Mine hasn't changed.

On AADSAS I added LECOM on August 8, a Saturday. Do you guys know when AADSAS will send my app to the school? I think I read that AADSAS mails out every other Friday, but that seems like a long time to wait.