The Official January 15, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hometownbrewin

B.S. in BSing
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Roll call! Didn't see a thread for this date. I stayed up until 5 AM the morning signups opened to secure a spot for the 15th because it's the last afternoon administration of the old MCAT and I'm definitely not a morning person. The test is basically all or nothing for me, as I certainly want to avoid the new version, but I'm botching the opportunity (just finished undergrad and I'm currently taking off work and research). It has been a struggle so far in terms of keeping up with SN2ed's 4 month schedule and establishing good study habits and a routine that works for me, however things are slowly starting to pick up.

How about you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Hang in there, everyone! It feels like way longer than just a week ago when I was in your position. It is such a nerve wracking feeling but you guys are almost there!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.
I managed to avoid SDN for a month.
Now I'm getting that sickly strange feeling that's kind of the worst...might hurl
(good luck everyone @vanillabear55 @John Buster and everyone else who trucked thru it earlier in Jan haha)

Edit: Omg @alakait you too!!!

Good luck to you all too!!

Reactions: 1 users
uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.
I managed to avoid SDN for a month.
Now I'm getting that sickly strange feeling that's kind of the worst...might hurl
(good luck everyone @vanillabear55 @John Buster and everyone else who trucked thru it earlier in Jan haha)

Edit: Omg @alakait you too!!!

Good luck to you all too!!

Good luck, y'all! Just remember that your MCAT score, however high or low, doesn't even come close to defining you--it's just a number!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so nervous. I took 16 practice tests and the anxiety of knowing my score is still higher than ever. Probably since it's not instantly scored like my practice test. And probably because... um... it's the real thing! :p

Just need a little advise please!!

I took the MCAT before, got a 29, took the january 15th one and awaiting the score.
I probably won't retake the MCAT regardless of my score because they changed it and I dont wanna study all over again and I dont think I want to take it for a third time cause that'll look bad I feel like.

what do yall think

Just need a little advise please!!

I took the MCAT before, got a 29, took the january 15th one and awaiting the score.
I probably won't retake the MCAT regardless of my score because they changed it and I dont wanna study all over again and I dont think I want to take it for a third time cause that'll look bad I feel like.

what do yall think

I advise you get your score before deciding on taking MCAT2015...

Despondency near maximum levels. Way more anxious than during the test day, mostly because I know of all the careless mistakes and can't imagine how many more errors I made that I am not aware of. I am in a weak position to retake but I know that it is doable. I'm pretty desperate for support. Its terrifying to think what will happen when I get my score and how I will fail to pick myself up.

I'm pretty much in the same place, pouring my heart out to as many friends as will listen today lol. I guess all I/we can count on is that whatever happens, we tried our best. Personally, I know I couldn't have dedicated any more time to this than I already had. If today doesn't work out, I know I'm not even bothering with the new one regardless of my score. First and last MCAT I'll ever take.

Let that be that last time the 2015 MCAT is discussed before the scores come out. Sheeeshh! No one here is taking that, c'mon! 45's for everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I can't believe it is literally almost here. I already gave up on trying to do work lol, the nerves are just too much. Best of luck everyone!

I'm pretty much in the same place, pouring my heart out to as many friends as will listen today lol. I guess all I/we can count on is that whatever happens, we tried our best. Personally, I know I couldn't have dedicated any more time to this than I already had. If today doesn't work out, I know I'm not even bothering with the new one regardless of my score. First and last MCAT I'll ever take.
That was my exact mentality going into this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, completely surprised by my level of agitation right now. Wasn't stressing out while doing the (little) studying I did, didn't stress out during the exam, didn't stress out for the past month. But right now, I am nearly paralyzed! What a ride. Hopefully these things come out soon so it can be over and done with.

Reactions: 2 users
na just curious
Average MCAT score in Texas is a 28, to get into a school here is a 31.3, but from what everyone is saying, 29 is not bad, but not great, depends on your state though, and what the rest of your application looks like, namely your GPA and health care exposure

Finally home from work...my PI let me go early. Thank God! Now I feel queasy. It's funny, as pre-meds, blood and guts don't phase us, but keep test scores a secret for one month and our worlds come to a crashing, sickening halt.:nailbiting:

Reactions: 5 users
The minute I see "scores are posted", I will literally not be able to handle it. I'll be in class though and won't be able to check my score until I get home and am surrounded by tubs and tubs of ice cream. Either a happy or sad reaction will result in a tummy full of ice cream.

Oh jeez...

Ok guys, boy who cried wolf, I know, but they're up for real now!

AAMC average: 30.75
Post-test prediction: 28 (11,8,9)
Actual test: 29 (10, 10, 9)

I'm satisfied.

JESUS CHRIST THEY ARE UP!
i'M SO HAPPY, I DONT EVEN REMEMBER THE FORMAT RN
EXPECTING ANYWHERE FROM A 20-30
GOT A FREAKING 30
HALLELUJAH
THANK YOU ALLAH!!!
sorry everyone and thank you all <3

Reactions: 5 users
33 up from a 29 in october

V10 P12 B11 33 Y

A little disappointed because I wanted a 34 but I am not complaining.

Godbless america and I hope everyone else did good.

my best section was the one i thought i did the worst on

11 bs
10 vr
9 ps

I got the same thing, I'm shocked. I never scored below a 12 on any practice test. I felt PS was too easy, but I think I made ALOT of simple mistakes..............

EDIT: AAMC Average: ~34.75...

I feel awful...

I haven't posted on here yet, but I got a 25 (7/10/8) which is about my average. I'm just so relieved I can apply to DO schools now and maybe have a chance =] I hope you all got the scores you wanted!

Reactions: 3 users
****ing goodness... i got 13/7/13 total= 33
do u think i can get into a md program with a 7 in verbal?

Yes you shud apply. Long as you are an exceptional student (extracurriculars, 3.8+ gpa) you have a fairly decent shot. Write good essays and make sure to nail your interview. If they ask about the 7 , make sure u recognize it but don't be dramatic about it. Act like u did ur best but u don't believe its an indicator of ur ability to success in med school. (I got into MD with a 6)

I remember a lot of people here were saying this version of the MCAT had easier sections, aside from that ORGO passage, so, was it true?

Test date: 1/15/2015
Time: Afternoon
AAMC average: 34 (11/11/12)
AAMC 10-11 average: 35.5 (11.5/11/13)
Post test expected score: 32 (11/10/11)
Actual score: 34 (12/8/14)

Welp. GG verbal, well played. Rewrite it is!