2017 ***The Official Dental College of Georgia C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the call at 7:15 this morning but missed it!! Stressed for an hour until 9:00 when Dr. Hanes said to call back. Hallelujah! I cried the whole time I talked to Dr. Messer. :)

Members don't see this ad.

What are y’all’s residencies ? :)

Reactions: 1 user
What's the next step after the acceptance call?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
If any D1's are monitoring this thread, does any one know when the next wave of acceptances will be? If you didn't get a call yesterday, should we take that as a waitlist, rejection??

Reactions: 2 users
If any D1's are monitoring this thread, does any one know when the next wave of acceptances will be? If you didn't get a call yesterday, should we take that as a waitlist, rejection??
Last year, second wave for acceptance call was December 8th because I got a call that day. Like a last year, there is another interview group coming in December 3rd-4th which I believe is a pre-December interview even though it is pass December 1st. It was similar last year that DCG couldn't finish pre-December interview before Dec 1st which they saved some slot for Dec 8th for acceptance for second wave.

Last year, second wave for acceptance call was December 8th because I got a call that day. Like a last year, there is another interview group coming in December 3rd-4th which I believe is a pre-December interview even though it is pass December 1st. It was similar last year that DCG couldn't finish pre-December interview before Dec 1st which they saved some slot for Dec 8th for acceptance for second wave.

Were you an instate or out of state student? And did you interview before the first? :)

Were you an instate or out of state student? And did you interview before the first? :)
I am instate and I interview Nov 13th which was kinda late interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems as though no OOS acceptances were sent out, least havent seen one yet.

Waitlisted via aadsas portal, at least it’s not a rejection.

So wait, if we didn't get waitlisted on AADSAS should we expect a call during the second wave or a reject email..?

Members don't see this ad :)
So wait, if we didn't get waitlisted on AADSAS should we expect a call during the second wave or a reject email..?
when was your interview date? cause i also didnt get waitlisted on aadsas yet

For oos or in state??
he didn't specify I'm not sure :/
before I heard there were 30 spots left to keep it fair for the interview that was today so maybe they chose people accordingly and haven't notified them yet but from that there are 6 spots left?

before I heard there were 30 spots left to keep it fair for the interview that was today so maybe they chose people accordingly and haven't notified them yet but from that there are 6 spots left?
so are you indirectly saying that it's a good sign that we are not waitlisted yet?

Well dang... last year they got back to people on the Wednesday and Thursday after the interview. Maybe they met up and made some decisions Friday afternoon because they came in early and appeared to stop calling after lunch or they made some decisions tonight after the interviews. Thank you for letting us know.

Wait so make sure I get this right:
  • Going into the interviews today, there were 30 spots left
  • After interviews today, 6 spots remain.
  • This means that 24 spots (which would include people who did not interview today as well) were given away today and those people may/may not have been notified.
  • 6 spots now remain unfilled
Am I correct?

Well dang... last year they got back to people on the Wednesday and Thursday after the interview. Maybe they met up and made some decisions Friday afternoon because they came in early and appeared to stop calling after lunch or they made some decisions tonight after the interviews. Thank you for letting us know.
Yeah I'm not 100% sure what's going on but hopefully they call us soon with acceptances or send some sort of answer, even if it is a waitlist.

Wait so make sure I get this right:
  • Going into the interviews today, there were 30 spots left
  • After interviews today, 6 spots remain.
  • This means that 24 spots (which would include people who did not interview today as well) were given away today and those people may/may not have been notified.
  • 6 spots now remain unfilled
Am I correct?
Yes, that is what I am assuming. I am trying to get some answers so as soon as I hear anything I will let you guys know

Everyone should keep their heads up and maintain optimism. Remember not everything you read on the internet is true. The application cycle is a long process and honestly if DCG got +90% of the class committed by December 4th, I'd be seriously SERIOUSLY impressed. Just be patient and hopefully there will be good news coming.

Reactions: 3 users
OOS Waitlisted. I don't know what my chances are but I want into DCG so bad! Prayers!!

DCG interviews about 150 OOS applicants for about 8 spots, I would imagine they would offer about 20-25 acceptances to fill those 8 spots given that those who they accept of pretty competitive applicants and probably got into their state school. So your chances are probably ok.

It says im waitlisted on the portal, but I have NOT received any email or snail mail from them.

I just received an email to confirm a place on the alternate list

Accepting my offer at ECU! Taking myself off the alternate list, best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
So I got an update: apparently the deadline to vote for everyone on the admissions committee was till noon today so they might not send any decisions till Monday now :/ but it could literally happen whenever now!! Trying to stay patient but so hard

So I got an update: apparently the deadline to vote for everyone on the admissions committee was till noon today so they might not send any decisions till Monday now :/ but it could literally happen whenever now!! Trying to stay patient but so hard

Thank you so much for sharing that info with us! Fingers crossed!

Just got my acceptance call! I'm so excited!! Unfortunately I was told if you do not recieve a call by 5 then you have not been accepted or waitlisted but they will not send out the rejection emails until Monday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Just got my acceptance call! I'm so excited!! Unfortunately I was told if you do not recieve a call by 5 then you have not been accepted or waitlisted but they will not send out the rejection emails until Monday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

What is your current AADSAS status?

Status
Not open for further replies.