2017 ***The Official Dental College of Georgia C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

buytheflosstobetheboss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck, everyone! I will be starting school at DCG this fall. I'd like to help answer any questions about the school or app process that anyone may have. This is truly a great place to be, and I feel so grateful to be able to reach out to you all! Cheers to a successful application season!

Past Years' Threads:
Class of 2021

Dental College of Georgia - Augusta University class of 2021

Class of 2020

***The Official GRU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Class of 2019

***The Official GRU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm excited about this cycle! I know how much hard work and countless hours everyone has put in. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck, everyone! I'm a current sophomore at DCG. If anyone has any questions on the school, feel free to message me and I'll answer as fast as I can!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything from the school about paying the supplemental fee?

Last edited:
Anyone received an email back from DCG about a supplementary fee/application? I still have "None" on my AADSAS portal under DCG.

I'm OOS and got the supplemental on the 4th of July and you paid at the end of it.

I submitted on June 4th. But I'm still waiting on my committee letter of recommendation too. Should be uploaded this week.

I had to take the DAT more than once :(. Does anyone know if they look at the best scores from each section or just your best attempt? Unfortunately, I did worse in one section but better in all the others. I'm wondering how this looks?

I had to take the DAT more than once :(. Does anyone know if they look at the best scores from each section or just your best attempt? Unfortunately, I did worse in one section but better in all the others. I'm wondering how this looks?

They look at your best score.

Anyone heard anything from the school about paying the supplemental fee?

I just spoke with admissions and they said there was a delay in sending out the in-state supplemental applications and we should be receiving them by the end of next week.

I just spoke with admissions and they said there was a delay in sending out the in-state supplemental applications and we should be receiving them by the end of next week.

Thanks, just got the supplemental email about an hour ago.

Just received the supplemental email as well! Finished it almost immediately!

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state and just received the supplemental :)

anyone got their supplemental fee proccessed and received an email after paying the fee??

You should've gotten an order confirmation email with a receipt immediately after paying. Last cycle it took a little over a week after submitting my supplemental before they emailed me saying they got it and my app was complete. Interview invite came about a week after that.

how long after your application was complete did you get the supplemental application email?

Just curious, what more do they ask on the supplemental? :confused: There are quite a number of questions on the AADSAS application already lol

Just curious, what more do they ask on the supplemental? :confused: There are quite a number of questions on the AADSAS application already lol

Nothing. No essay questions. It's just more background info. Only takes about 20 minutes

Anyone get a confirmation email from them? I paid/completed the supplemental 2 weeks ago, but I haven't received an email confirming that my application is complete/under review. Even on the AADSAS portal it says that they are waiting for additional information, so I'm confused about what I'm missing. Thanks!

So I submitted my application on 7/13 but on the portal it still says none, how long did it take for them to email about the supplemental

So I submitted my application on 7/13 but on the portal it still says none, how long did it take for them to email about the supplemental

I submitted aadsas on 6/4 then didn't get the supplemental until 7/6. Then got the application complete today

on the supplemental when it says spouse is it asking if you have a spouse or is it referring to the spouse of your legal guardian?

Also I know this is silly but, I accidentally selected a option (like clicked a bubble) that I didn't need to answer and it won't let me unselect it. I can change my answer but it won't let me unselect an answer all together. Has anyone else had this issue?

Received the application complete email a few days ago as well, and status has been updated on AADSAS.

So I submitted my supplemental on 7/13 and received the automated "Order Confirmation" email from Mrs. Perry's email, but I have yet to receive any further confirmation about my application. It's still says "Received/Waiting Additional Information" on AADSAS. Anyone else having a similar situation?

So I submitted my supplemental on 7/13 and received the automated "Order Confirmation" email from Mrs. Perry's email, but I have yet to receive any further confirmation about my application. It's still says "Received/Waiting Additional Information" on AADSAS. Anyone else having a similar situation?

Same boat. Also submitted supplemental on the 13th.

Mine still says that after being invited to interview

Got the invite today also. Supplemental received email came last week and AADSAS still says received/under review.

I got an interview as well!
Just curious, what are people's stats? Are you all GA residents? If so, which school? :)

I got an interview as well!
Just curious, what are people's stats? Are you all GA residents? If so, which school? :)

20AA/19PAT/23RC/3.83GPA and University of Georgia! I've been frantically checking my email since yesterday haha

Last edited:
20AA/19PAT/23RC/3.83GPA and University of Georgia! I've been frantically checking my email since yesterday haha
Same boat here. Been checking my email constantly. 21 AA 21 TS 24 PAT 17 Reading and 3.82 from UGA. Have any Georgia residents received interviews?

Congrats to everyone that's gotten an interview!!

I'm low key freaking out.. I still haven't received a confirmation email from them and I submitted AADSAS on 6/17 and the supplemental on 7/13 (20 AA 20TS 22 PAT/ 3.9 graduate GPA/ 3.3 Undergrad GPA). Maybe today's the day? lol

Same boat here. Been checking my email constantly. 21 AA 21 TS 24 PAT 17 Reading and 3.82 from UGA. Have any Georgia residents received interviews?
Yeah, I'm in state. I wouldn't start freaking out yet though. They interview into early December.

Don't freak out! The same thing just happened to me but my AA and overall science went up.

Just wanted to tell everyone there is hope, and I am proof so keep your chin up!
I am a GA resident and am a reapplicant.
Last year I got an interview (invitation email mid-November) but was rejected due to my DAT scores (AA:17 Total Science:17 PAT:21).
I just retook the DAT (AA:18 Total Science:18 PAT:21).
GPA: 3.54
I got an email saying my application is complete on 7/28.
On 8/2 I got an interview invite.
I know some of you may be stressed and worried about scores and GPA. That stuff is important but I truly believe DCG looks for people who have more than numbers. I have a lot of shadowing, volunteering, and research. For those who have had to retake the DAT, it's awful I know but the important part to remember is you did it, AGAIN! That counts for something I think. I know first hand how devastating it can be to work hard and just not cut it. Hard work and determination pays off, don't ever give up on chasing your dream. I wish all of you luck and I hope we can all get into dental school this year!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to tell everyone there is hope, and I am proof so keep your chin up!
I am a GA resident and am a reapplicant.
Last year I got an interview (invitation email mid-November) but was rejected due to my DAT scores (AA:17 Total Science:17 PAT:21).
I just retook the DAT (AA:18 Total Science:18 PAT:21).
GPA: 3.54
I got an email saying my application is complete on 7/28.
On 8/2 I got an interview invite.
I know some of you may be stressed and worried about scores and GPA. That stuff is important but I truly believe DCG looks for people who have more than numbers. I have a lot of shadowing, volunteering, and research. For those who have had to retake the DAT, it's awful I know but the important part to remember is you did it, AGAIN! That counts for something I think. I know first hand how devastating it can be to work hard and just not cut it. Hard work and determination pays off, don't ever give up on chasing your dream. I wish all of you luck and I hope we can all get into dental school this year!!

Thanks so much! I know it stinks to retake it! I have improved my GPA to a 3.5, my DAT scores are AA: 21 TS: 19 PAT: 18 w/ nothing below a 17 this time! I have more volunteering and I will graduate this summer with my Bachelors. I'm praying for an interview. This hasn't been easy for any of us but it is worth it! I have been a dental hygienist since 2008 and dentistry is a great and rewarding field. Good luck everyone!

Thanks so much! I know it stinks to retake it! I have improved my GPA to a 3.5, my DAT scores are AA: 21 TS: 19 PAT: 18 w/ nothing below a 17 this time! I have more volunteering and I will graduate this summer with my Bachelors. I'm praying for an interview. This hasn't been easy for any of us but it is worth it! I have been a dental hygienist since 2008 and dentistry is a great and rewarding field. Good luck everyone!

That's Awesome!!! You've got this! Have you applied anywhere else?

Just received the email saying my supplemental has (finally) been received!

Status
Not open for further replies.