***The Official Creighton University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

How many ppl on here interviewed and havent seen there status change?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You crushed this cycle krentist!

Reactions: 1 user
20/18/22/22
AA/TS/RC/PAT
3.4ogpa, 3.0 sgpa, good ECs/working as an assistant now. I've taken a couple courses since then.
Submitted my app day 1. Reapplicant, was waitlisted last year.
Did you interview? Congrats by the way :)

For the people who interviewed here how did you like the school and area?

I liked the city of Omaha. It seemed clean and nice. The school's facilities could use an overhaul and it's exciting for the new building to be completed in a couple years.
Thanks for the reply. So the next class will have new facilities by the time they start clinic ?

Omaha is awesome (The zoo, shopping, and market area is nice), but the school itself is not in the best part of Omaha. I asked a student what they do for lunch since there is really no where to walk to, and they said they pretty much just bring their lunch everyday. I don't know I'm someone who would like the option to walk to lunch every now and then to get some air. But the new building seems awesome and my interviewer said it would be ready by the time we would get to clinic. I should add that housing is really cheap and the price is SUPER great if you don't have an in state school. Definitely the cheapest option.
Thanks for the info... I'm thinking about applying since they accept applications til 2/1 so maybe they will consider me even though its super late.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've lived in Omaha my whole life and will be going to school here. The new school opens in summer of 2018 so the D2 year of this year's cycle. Omaha is a great city. It is big enough that you have lots to do but not so big that you have bad traffic or problems that huge cities come with. For those who like to go out, we are I believe 1st in the country in bars per capita. There are a TON of great restaurants to eat all over the city but especially downtown, which is right by where Creighton is. Creighton's basketball team is probably the main sports attraction other than the College World Series of baseball, and CU basketball plays downtown. We get a lot of big name entertainers despite being a midwest smallish city. Overall a great city and cost of living is comparatively pretty low.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone! I got accepted too! I searched and couldn't find a facebook group for the 2021 class so I went ahead and made one. Feel free to add anyone you know who got accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I got accepted too! I searched and couldn't find a facebook group for the 2021 class so I went ahead and made one. Feel free to add anyone you know who got accepted.

Congrats! Could you add the FB link here? I wasn't able to find it. Thank you for starting the group!

DOes anyone know when they let people know if they've been waitlisted or rejected. And are there interviews post December?

Reactions: 2 users
DOes anyone know when they let people know if they've been waitlisted or rejected. And are there interviews post December?
I sent an email asking for a status update. This was the reply: "We will not be inviting anyone else for an interview this cycle. Just keep in mind that interviews are not a mandatory for an acceptance."

Anyone looking for a great place to live? If you're single, there is a common apartment complex that a lot of students go just a few minutes from campus. Pools, weight room, tons of classmates! If you're married, you've got an amazing community of people just like you! I am selling my 4-bedroom townhouse in Village Green, where about 25% of my classmates lived! Perfect little spot for dental school. Here's the link if you're interested. Congrats on getting in to the best dental school in the country!
http://twentysix28villagegreen.blogspot.com

Can Creighton accept an undergrad gpa of 2.83 overall and masters science gpa of 3.2? Has there been anyone accepted to Creighton with a gpa below a 3.0?

Can Creighton accept an undergrad gpa of 2.83 overall and masters science gpa of 3.2? Has there been anyone accepted to Creighton with a gpa below a 3.0?
That masters GPA might hurt you more than the undergrad, most schools expect very high masters GPAs.

Has Creighton sent out all of their invited for interview?

Just called the admissions office. All interview invites have been sent and they are actually overbooked with accepted students. According to the receptionist several will "hopefully drop out" since they accepted more than they have seats available for. In other words, if you didn't get an invite yet, you won't this cycle :-/

Last edited:
Just got accepted through IDEP (Idaho)!

Just called the admissions office. All interview invites have been sent and they are actually overbooked with accepted students. According to the receptionist several will "hopefully drop out" since they accepted more than they have seats available for. In other words, if you didn't get an invite yet, you won't this cycle :-/
Wow. I did not realize Creighton was such a popular choice for people

with no interview? was this the only time you heard from Creighton?

I had to go to Pocatello, Idaho for my interview. IDEP is a way for Idaho students to go to Creighton through the State of Idaho and there is an interview process and so forth. There will be eight of us that come from this program and we will join you all the 2nd year. The first year, we study at Idaho State.

I had to go to Pocatello, Idaho for my interview. IDEP is a way for Idaho students to go to Creighton through the State of Idaho and there is an interview process and so forth. There will be eight of us that come from this program and we will join you all the 2nd year. The first year, we study at Idaho State.
Oh yeah, I remember reading about that on their website. Congrats!!

are they done with interview invites for this cycle?

Just got a waitlist email today. Pretty unexpected since I didn't hear from them at all this cycle until now.

Just got a waitlist email today. Pretty unexpected since I didn't hear from them at all this cycle until now.
Haha! At least you got a waitlist email! I received an application complete email mid June and have not heard anything since! Lucky I received 7 acceptances and 11 interview invites from other schools.

I have not heard from them still, emailed to ask if they have my application status 3 weeks ago and just got an email asking if anyone ever responded to me. So still waiting to hear. I've been accepted elsewhere but having any idea about the loose ends would be nice! Congrats on the waitlist!