***The Official Creighton University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

MentalFloss2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start this for 2021. I received an interview invite today and couldn't find a thread to follow. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted everything day 1 and also did the supplemental early but no invite. Sad day!

I just looked through the old 2020 thread and there were literally around 5 people who got invites on sdn. So I guess I'm less worried now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I received an interview invite today!

sGPA: 3.87
oGPA: 3.87
AA: 20 PAT 21
Residency: CA

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else heard back from Creighton yet?

When is your guyses interview?

I received an invite by email with instructions to call them to set up a date and time.
Haha oops..I thought I was on the UNLV thread when I asked my second question. I saw your first post and knew you had an invite to Creighton! Good luck!

Awesome, congratz on being done. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon and not for a rejection Dec 1st, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I would start this for 2021. I received an interview invite today and couldn't find a thread to follow. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! How long does this take from submit and interview notification. Do they send you email or give you a call? I mailed my apps fee two weeks ago and my ADEA mailed date is 09/02. I am very nervous and fidgety now. In addition, I think this is the first time that Creighton post their DAT stats on their website, I think it is very high like 20ish.

Congrats! How long does this take from submit and interview notification. Do they send you email or give you a call? I mailed my apps fee two weeks ago and my ADEA mailed date is 09/02. I am very nervous and fidgety now. In addition, I think this is the first time that Creighton post their DAT stats on their website, I think it is very high like 20ish.
I don't recall exactly but I think it was at least 1 month after submitting my secondary before I received an email invite. I was an early applicant so the turnaround may have been a faster in July.

I don't recall exactly but I think it was at least 1 month after submitting my secondary before I received an email invite. I was an early applicant so the turnaround may have been a faster in July.
I just received an email today at 12:40PM. It says that my apps is under review by the admission committee. And told me to have patience until they send me an email regarding what else material they need from me. It also says interview is not a necessary for admittance to Creighton. Basically, just wait....

Does everyone's application, people who submitted over 2 weeks ago, have a "complete" on their AADSAS?

looking at past forums, it doesn't seem to mean much if they don't send out an interview invite along with that "complete"

Has anyone OOS gotten any news from them?
I think a few posters here are OOS and have had interviews in Aug/Sept including myself.

This thread has been very quiet considering the number of applicants they get each year.

It takes about a month after submitting supplemental to hear from them. When did you submit the supplemental, photo and app fee?

I remember reading that an interview is not required for acceptance. How often does this happen?

I remember reading that an interview is not required for acceptance. How often does this happen?
yea I read the same. I've heard opposing answers on the acceptance without an invite. Some say its rare, some say its common. Also, I submitted my application over a month now and haven't heard anything except a change to "complete" in AADSAS

If you look at last year's thread, there were at least 3 people offered an acceptance without an interview. But keep in mind, those include SDN posters only. There may possibly be more outside of this forum, but I wouldn't say a lot more. Seems like a rare occurrence?

I checked that thread. My stats are as competitive (or better) than those SDN members. I have not heard anything from Creighton unfortunately. I applied very early on in the cycle and have received multiple interviews from other schools. I am hoping there is a larger population of applicants accepted without interview than not :c

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Two things to ponder and looking for further insight:

1. Perhaps only those that receive an interview invite (even if they decide not to attend) have an "acceptance without interview" chance?

2. If someone invests time/money to attend an interview and then they are not offered an acceptance, does this mean the interview hurt their chances? How would this make sense if someone who decided not to interview is accepted by only meeting their criteria on the application only?

Last edited:
Yeah, if they interview an applicant it means they are definitely interested in that applicant. An interview is definitely an advantage.

It is just strange that people get accepted without an interview. After all, if an applicant turns down an interview does that not show that the applicant is not all that interested in the school? Why would the school want to extend an offer over to an uninterested applicant or an applicant who decides to attend other interviews and not theirs? It just does not add up to me.

Yeah, if they interview an applicant it means they are definitely interested in that applicant. An interview is definitely an advantage.

It is just strange that people get accepted without an interview. After all, if an applicant turns down an interview does that not show that the applicant is not all that interested in the school? Why would the school want to extend an offer over to an uninterested applicant or an applicant who decides to attend other interviews and not theirs? It just does not add up to me.

Current dental student at Creighton Dental and was oos accepted without an interview. Sent my application in very late and didn't hear from them until my acceptance letter (besides to fill out a supplemental). Getting an interview, declining to invterview, or not getting an interview is not indicative of anything at Creighton. I have a number of classmates who did not interview and a number who did interview and some that chose to decline. The only way to find out if you get in will be found out on December 1st. There are no clues or hints as to your chances of getting in and that goes for every school. You have already done all the work to build your resume up until his point. So do not stress out and have confidence that what you have done will allow you to grab a spot at some dental school. I wish you all the best of luck! pm me if you have any further questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Regarding the chances of being admitted without an interview, I actually asked the dental student who was my tour guide during my interview about this. He said that although he was not positive that this was the case 100% of the time, it was his observation in his class that those who were granted admission without an interview were people who completed their undergrad at Creighton.

Regarding the chances of being admitted without an interview, I actually asked the dental student who was my tour guide during my interview about this. He said that although he was not positive that this was the case 100% of the time, it was his observation in his class that those who were granted admission without an interview were people who completed their undergrad at Creighton.

That's interesting. I creeped on last year's thread though and all of those who were invited without interview were OOS.

Yeah I noticed that as well so I took it with a grain of salt. Probably just the people he knows from his class. Judging by SDN there doesn't seem to be a predictable pattern, but it does seem that interviews generally indicate a high chance of acceptance.

Been awfully quiet....anyone get status change? mine still says "Received/Application Complete"

Anyone who was interviewed seen a status change?

Anyone who was interviewed seen a status change?

Interviewed late August - no status change. Looking at last year's thread it seems accepted students' statuses were changing a week before dec 1. Hopefully this doesn't indicate bad news for us....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

So considering the email, that would mean acceptances roll in tomorrow?

The email Creighton sends out after your application is complete. Think it said all decisions will be made Dec 1, 2016. I was sadly not interviewed :(

"There will be absolutely no decisions on acceptance until December 1, 2016. And no other decisions will be sent out before that time. You can check your status on AADSAS and realize that status will always be up-to-date." Is what the e-mail said. There should be a large batch of acceptances sent out tomorrow via e-mail based on what has happened in past years.

Well considering past years, not having my status changed doesn't sound good.