Creighton University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Wow that is horrible news. Thank you for sharing. He was an incredibly touching soul and I was very fortunate to have gotten the chance to meet him. Rest in peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else’s status change to “check back on December 15th”?
Same! Yay!!! 👏🏼 💃🏻 10 days!!

Side note: Do we know if everyone’s was changed to this? Just wondering if all who interviewed received this change, or if only certain individuals have this.

Not sure, good question!

I interviewed and got this message
Same! Yay!!! 👏🏼 💃🏻 10 days!!

Side note: Do we know if everyone’s was changed to this? Just wondering if all who interviewed received this change, or if only certain individuals have this.
If I'm going to be honest, it really seems like Creighton interviewed to accept. Dr. Norton talked about how he reviewed apps in the second week of June, finished reviewing by the third, and sent all the interviews in early summer for Dec 15th deadline. He also stated in the visit day how he fills the class right on Dec 15th and normally doesn't do post-Dec interviews. There were a total of 5 visit days with each having ~40 students. 5*40 = 200 and on the explorer, it states that they make ~200 offers a year.

This is definitely just a shower thought I have during one of my sleepless nights sitting in bed thinking about admissions, but it makes sense. Anything to rationalize an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
AND to build off that, DAT booster's spreadsheet states that Creighton does 114 OOS interviews and sends 131 OOS offers. You would think it's a typo but every other school's data matches with their websites. Would think this was from last year when they accepted without interview

If I'm going to be honest, it really seems like Creighton interviewed to accept. Dr. Norton talked about how he reviewed apps in the second week of June, finished reviewing by the third, and sent all the interviews in early summer for Dec 15th deadline. He also stated in the visit day how he fills the class right on Dec 15th and normally doesn't do post-Dec interviews. There were a total of 5 visit days with each having ~40 students. 5*40 = 200 and on the explorer, it states that they make ~200 offers a year.

This is definitely just a shower thought I have during one of my sleepless nights sitting in bed thinking about admissions, but it makes sense. Anything to rationalize an acceptance.
Well said. I just went back and checked the adea guide for class of 2024 and they made about 222 OOS offers but they don’t disclose how many interviewed. However with your comments in mind around 200 or so offers for students interviewed makes sense. Also I interviewed in early September so I must have been near the end for interviews since I know they started earlier on. But yes, Creighton doesn’t interview after December 15th.

they did say this year you must have interview to be accepted, this is different from previous years

Well said. I just went back and checked the adea guide for class of 2024 and they made about 222 OOS offers but they don’t disclose how many interviewed. However with your comments in mind around 200 or so offers for students interviewed makes sense. Also I interviewed in early September so I must have been near the end for interviews since I know they started earlier on. But yes, Creighton doesn’t interview after December 15th.

they did say this year you must have interview to be accepted, this is different from previous years
I hope you guys are right. Feels like I'm counting the seconds now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1
Notification date:
12/14 at 11pm CST offer made on portal
Method of notification: (Would assume email later this morning)
Residency: OOS - MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72; overall: 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual

AADSAS changed to OFFER MADE!!!! Congratulations to everyone that have heard news tonight!!!!

For reference, it is 12:31am CST

🥳🥳🥳. And yes, officially the longest week of the year so far

To those accepted and received your acceptance package, did it list the total COA and did anyone receive a scholarship? At my tour they said they’d give out scholarships but not sure if it’s with the offer or received later.

To those accepted and received your acceptance package, did it list the total COA and did anyone receive a scholarship? At my tour they said they’d give out scholarships but not sure if it’s with the offer or received later.
Nothing about COA or scholarships

Does anyone know if current DDS ‘27 students need to create the fb group or if the school does it?

I think they said in their email that they would create it? I could be wrong though
I double checked the email and docs included and can’t find anything to that.

Just wondering as the MD ‘27 for both campuses are already on there.

I double checked the email and docs included and can’t find anything to that.

Just wondering as the MD ‘27 for both campuses are already on there.
Hm okay, maybe I’m thinking of another school that sent me an acceptance. Thanks for checking! You could always reach out to them and ask if it’s okay to make one.

I’ve created a GroupMe for Creighton acceptances to get to know each other. Feel free to join! If the link doesn’t work, let me know. I’ve never used this app.

Anyone heard from Creighton regarding facebook group or any socials? I already submitted all the docs required by the 15th but still haven't heard anything about socials

Anyone heard from Creighton regarding facebook group or any socials? I already submitted all the docs required by the 15th but still haven't heard anything about socials
I’ve received an email about my immunizations, but nothing beyond that.

Anyone receive anything from the office ever since the initial acceptance packet?

Anyone receive anything from the office ever since the initial acceptance packet?
For myself, just communication regarding immunizations. Are you in the acceptance chat on GroupMe? It consists of individuals from SDN and FB

Just declined my seat, hoping it goes to one of you all. Best of Luck!

Does anyone know what I do if my hep b titer comes back non immune but I have had the hep b vaccine series in the past? Would I have to redo the entire series (3 more shots) and then do the titer again? Or would I only have to get like one booster and then redo the titer?

Does anyone know what I do if my hep b titer comes back non immune but I have had the hep b vaccine series in the past? Would I have to redo the entire series (3 more shots) and then do the titer again? Or would I only have to get like one booster and then redo the titer?
I would go with the advice of your doctor. If the test is non immune then you need to talk to your provider to determine what needs to be done but I would do sooner than later

This happened to me. They give you another dose of hep b. Then, 1mo later you do another titer. Mine came back with immunity after this. They need you to document everything. You can also call the nurse, but it’s in your paperwork they sent along with the initial acceptance.

Attachments

• DF812A83-0B08-4699-8B94-B2655F9BEEF0.jpeg
    DF812A83-0B08-4699-8B94-B2655F9BEEF0.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 95
This happened to me. They give you another dose of hep b. Then, 1mo later you do another titer. Mine came back with immunity after this. They need you to document everything. You can also call the nurse, but it’s in your paperwork they sent along with the initial acceptance.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

does anyone know if Creighton has filled all their seats yet? Or are they still reviewing apps/interviewing?

does anyone know if Creighton has filled all their seats yet? Or are they still reviewing apps/interviewing?
I dont have a specific answer, but dr. Norton said that creighton typically fills its' class very early in the cycle

Has there been a Facebook group created? Possibly need to find a male roommate
No fb group yet. Admin will create. There is a GroupMe where a number of others have joined. A current student already posted regarding a room in there.

'Creighton University School of Dentistry Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I just received an interview invite by email 3.59pm today

I was definitely surprised as well, it may have been the update letter I sent to all the schools I applied to and I made sure to call them all and reaffirm my interest.

• Love
I'm not very surprised they're still interviewing. The groupme has <40 students. One big turn off that made me choose another school is the lack of socials or even communication for incoming students. Pretty sure they have yet to make a fb group which should've been done dec 15th.

They also scheduled interviews very early in the cycle, with most taking place in july and visits in august. I think it would've been a better idea to spread out interviews and wait later for more applications and less probability of recency bias taking place in students making school decisions. It was hard for me to remember what I liked about creighton when making a decision about a school since the interview and visits was so early in the cycle.

These are just my reservations. Does not apply to everyone.

Last edited: