The Official August 15, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axa5780

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'am signed up for this date. I didn't find a thread for August 15th, so here it is. Let's make this a fun experience, and hope we all come out the other end satisfied with our score.

Materials:
PS: BR Physics, NOVA Physics, BR Chemistry, EK 1001 Chem & Phys
BS: EK Biology, BR Biology, EK 1001 Biol
Verbal: EK 101, TPR Verbal

Extras: TPRH SW, WIkiPremed Flashcards & videos. All AAMC FL plus all Kaplan FL.

Lets do this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a huge hurricane-induced storm coming to where I live. I think the storm is coming to mourn what could've been my med schcool/career experience.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel they have been excessively tweeting today, and each time I see a new one I feel like I am going to die.

I finished class at 10 and have been doing nothing except going back and forth between this thread and the aamc twitter. I've also been google imaging mcat scores to "visualize the win" please give me my score....

I finished class at 10 and have been doing nothing except going back and forth between this thread and the aamc twitter. I've also been google imaging mcat scores to "visualize the win" please give me my score....

Would you prefer to see your section scores one by one or would you rather see the overall score first?

You can cover up your screen to do either of these.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you prefer to see your section scores one by one or would you rather see the overall score first?

That's a hard one. At this point, I don't really care but if I had to choose then total.

Which side should I place the paper on in order to accomplish this?

Which side should I place the paper on in order to accomplish this?

It looks like this:

Screen-Shot-2014-01-05-at-3.43.54-PM2.png

Lol I've been doing the same thing. Back and forth from this page to AAMC twitter. Every time I see a new alert on here I think it's someone saying that scores are posted!

Good luck on Thursday @justadream !!

Been panicking through all of my classes all day. Have a three-page French essay due tonight that I haven't even touched because of nerves. Good luck to everyone!! I'm so incredibly nervous

This guy retook a 40 and 2 41's?

I'm pretty sure he's the owner of the website wikipremed. It's just to prove that he's up-to-date with the exam.

He's not taking it for med school purposes.

It's like SAT tutors retaking 2400s every so often.

I'm pretty sure he's the owner of the website wikipremed. It's just to prove that he's up-to-date with the exam.

He's not taking it for med school purposes.

It's like SAT tutors retaking 2400s every so often.

Ohh ok. Wow what a boss.

PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A 30!!!! I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER

AAMC avg - 34

Actual- 30 (9, 9, 12)

I'm pretty upset. I was averaging 11 on verbal and 12 on physics. Oh well.

Definitely going to wait to look at my score until after my next class gets out at 4:45, no way I'll be able to sit through the entire thing if my score didn't turn out so hot

And guys if you could please follow the format

Test Date: XX/XX/XXXX
Time: XX AM/PM
FL AAMC Average: XXXX
Post-test expected score: XXXXX
Actual Score: (PS/V/BS): XX (XX/XX/XX)

15 Aug 2014
8 AM
FL AAMC Average: 33
Predicted: 28
Actual: 32 (11/11/10)

I guess I just wanted to let anyone that took the MCAT know, you should be proud of yourselves no matter what. I takes courage to pursue a dream as difficult as this, to go all out for it (taking the MCAT), and sticking it out through all the crap. You should be damn proud of yourselves. If you are still an undergrad or even a grad student, look around today and remember all the people that quit or didn't have the guts to go after this like you did. That's commendable and you all have my respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
AAMC average - 35
Prediction: 34
Actual : 31

:( really disappointed as its the same score as my last retake.. hopefully this smp will help

Test Date: 08/15/2014
FL AAMC Average: 31
Post-test expected score: 30 (11/9/10)
Actual Score: 31 (11P 10V 10B)

Comments:

YESSSSSSS IT'S OVER HOLY MOLY IT HASN'T HIT ME YET BUT IT'S OVER!!!!

Definitely not the most generous curve, but I'm really glad I got a 10 in verbal because that's my highest. Thought I did better in PS and BS but not going to complain. Can't believe I'm posting this it all feels so surreal. Thank you all for being my therapy group and allowing me to vent my craziness. I can't tell you how many times people told me "I'm sure you did fine" and I just roll my eyes (in my head). Only y'all understand the pain we had to go through. It's over it's over it's over. I genuinely hope that everybody gets the score they want, because it's the score you deserve. Congratz to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
wow I did bad :(......it was pretty much my aamc average.....I guess I was hoping for a miracle. MCAT SCORE 22

27 (7/10/10) pff, i cant describe how i feel; upset because i fell i should have done better but considering this is my third trial, i'm quite content

Last edited:
Test Date: 15/08/2015
Time: 9 AM
FL AAMC Average: 35
Post-test expected score: 35
Actual Score: (PS/V/BS): 38 (12/11/15)

AAMC AVG; 27.6
expected: 28
actual: 28

It'll get me into the schools i'm looking at so I'M DONE WITH THIS **** FOREVER

Reactions: 2 users
What happens if you want to go into MD but you got a 28?
I'm crying so much haha. I studied so much and this is what I get.

What happens if you want to go into MD but you got a 28?
I'm crying so much haha. I studied so much and this is what I get.

depends on the rest of your app and what state you live in - i know the average at CMU and MSU in MI are both 28...

AAMC average: 26
predicted 21-31
Actual 22 (6,7,9) - VR,PS,BS

Very disaapointed but i have being preparing myself for such a low score for a while now. so I guess I will be preparing to take it in Jan