The Official 8/19/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNueve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's with me?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with you!
Reserved my seat a couple days ago.
I can't believe I'm registered for a test. It's kind of surreal :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on starting SN2ed's schedule once I finish finals in mid-May. My entire summer break is a few days shorter than SN2ed's schedule suggests but I'll make some adjustments to make it work.
When do new editions of the review books come out? I'm thinking of buying all my prep materials next week but I'd like the newest editions possible.

I'm planning on starting SN2ed's schedule once I finish finals in mid-May. My entire summer break is a few days shorter than SN2ed's schedule suggests but I'll make some adjustments to make it work.
When do new editions of the review books come out? I'm thinking of buying all my prep materials next week but I'd like the newest editions possible.

I just bought everything a couple weeks ago. I heard TBR has been updated so I guess I should be getting the new ones, they should be here this week. Luckily I found a 2010 TPR hyperlearning verbal on amazon. I'm probably in the same boat as you. I'm gonna start in May as well.

Are you using SN2ed's schedule as well? What was the final $$$ after everything was said and done?
I'm sure that stack of prep books looks pretty intimidating!

I'm registered for this session! This summer is gonna be awesome! (I actually half mean that)

Are you using SN2ed's schedule as well? What was the final $$$ after everything was said and done?
I'm sure that stack of prep books looks pretty intimidating!

Yeah, I'm using his schedule. I think I'm up to around $440 right now and that's with all the recommended EK 1001 question books, the EK 101 passages, TBR and TPR hyperlearning verbal book. Very intimidating but also motivating as well.

Meeee! Actually im taking it the day before at 1pm instead of 8 in the morning. I have just about all of my stuff, just need some more ek books and im golden.

I'm checking craigslist and the like and I'm finding it difficult to find people who are willing to sell TPR Hpyperlearning Verbal Workbook alone and not in the entire set :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is everyone applying for 2012?

I'm applying June 2012 for matriculation Fall 2013. Not sure which one answers your question.

Oh also, did you already buy all the AAMC tests? Is there any reason for me to wait before buying all of them?

Last edited:
lol, I don't know yet....I think I'm going to do prep101...
I kinda wish they just straight out sell TPR hyperlearn...sigh....

I'm applying June 2012 for matriculation Fall 2013. Not sure which one answers your question.

Oh also, did you already buy all the AAMC tests? Is there any reason for me to wait before buying all of them?

That's cool, just wondering because I was gonna apply for 2012. Didn't get any AAMC's yet. I didn't think they sold out or anything though. I thought you could purchase those whenever. Do they only have a limited number?

That's cool, just wondering because I was gonna apply for 2012. Didn't get any AAMC's yet. I didn't think they sold out or anything though. I thought you could purchase those whenever. Do they only have a limited number?

No I'm pretty sure you can buy them whenever. I ended up not buying those tests, I'm just going to buy them this summer when the time actually comes to take them.
I know the BR CBT's are only active for a certain amount of time (45 days?) after you purchase them. I was wondering if the AAMC tests had a similar time limit put on them.

When are you all planning on starting your studying?
I think my last final is May 18th. Hopefully I have the willpower to start the next day :oops:

good luck! scary right? time is flying...

Hasn't quite hit me yet, but I plan to have my ducks in a row so I can apply the first minute that I can. I've been trying to not study, but I enjoy the information so I can't really help it. I plan to crank it up after I get done with class. VR seems kinda tricky but I think I'm a lot better at it than i give myself credit. Anyway, hopefully I'm not the only one who is really excited about studying this stuff.

bump

Are you guys taking any diagnostics?

not me. i haven't taken some of these classes in a few years, so all it would tell me is what i already know. i need to study!

i will be doing some major refreshing over the summer.

Hey guys, I'm on board for the 19th. Officially reserved my seat and purchased my study materials. I'm using Sn2ed's study schedule too and have dropped about $500 so far!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm on board for the 19th. Officially reserved my seat and purchased my study materials. I'm using Sn2ed's study schedule too and have dropped about $500 so far!

As have I, although I'm taking it the day before so i dont have to get up at the ass crack of dawn. Ive been doing some verbal stuff and it makes me want to tear my face off.

I went home last week for Easter break. All my MCAT study materials were getting mailed there so I finally got to see the fat stack of books that will define my summer.
19 days until the fun begins for me!

I got my TPR Hyperlearning from Amazon. Here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperlearning-Verbal-Reasoning-Writing-Review/dp/B002CZFW1I/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

It's kind of hard to find a legit seller. I got lucky with mine and got it right away, but I was reading some other reviews and others weren't so lucky.

I just got my BR set today, this summer is gonna be crazy!

Isn't this link for the verbal reasoning book? That isn't the same as the Verbal workbook everyone's looking for right?

I'll be taking it on the 12th of August. If a thread doesn't form anytime in the future, I'll make my home here. And everyone best of luck with exams! :)

Got to page 32 Physics BR and was like, "Argh quadratics!" Then I was like, "Ah, we can do it!" :)

I'm thinking of switching to the 8/19/2011 MCAT.

I'm supposed to take it on June 16th, but I'm hella nervous. Will med schools see if I switch my date?

I'm thinking of switching to the 8/19/2011 MCAT.

I'm supposed to take it on June 16th, but I'm hella nervous. Will med schools see if I switch my date?

Switch! Switch!

Day two of MCAT torture. My soul is being beaten by BR physics.

Switch! Switch!

Day two of MCAT torture. My soul is being beaten by BR physics.

Are you using a specific study schedule Studyshy?

Cool news for my study plans - my brother got accepted to an engineering program in Germany so I'll be doing two weeks of my studying in Darmstadt this summer :D

My last final is next wednesday (18th), my plan is to begin studying on the 19th but who knows if that will actually pan out :oops:

Hi everyone. I really want to apply to this year's cycle especially at my state schools. I'm done with undergrad this semester (in 2 days actually) but wanted to sign up for the july 6 MCAT because I just purchased all of the EK sets including 1001, 101, osmosis and CBT's. I know a 10 week plan by EK is supposedly "good" but now I'm not so sure. Should I switch to the August one. The only reason I scheduled it for the July 6th date is because I'm leaving the country a week after that but now that I think about it, shouldn't I delay it until august and study overseas as well as for an additional ten days once I'm back in the states (i return on 8/9) ?

Please let me know your input - thanks!

Are you using a specific study schedule Studyshy?

Cool news for my study plans - my brother got accepted to an engineering program in Germany so I'll be doing two weeks of my studying in Darmstadt this summer :D

My last final is next wednesday (18th), my plan is to begin studying on the 19th but who knows if that will actually pan out :oops:

That's awesome! It's going to be hard to study in Germany, though! Good luck on your final. My brother will be flying to Europe tomorrow with his school. Kind of ironic!

I'm following SN2ed's schedule more or less. I have BR, TPR, Nova, and EK books so I'm also kind of looking over TPR while I do BR. I fully expect to fall behind since I work full time and still will have a full load of classes over the summer.

How about your study plans in terms of method?