The Official 8/17/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaurenMarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's all dread this date together! :scared:

How/when are you guys studying? (i.e. SN2ed, Kaplan, TBR)

EDIT: I'm attaching simple charts I made to keep track of my progress for each set of passages for the SN2ed schedule. Its helpful to monitor how you are progressing and will show you what areas to work on. ENJOY :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Physics Passage Scores.doc
    79 KB · Views: 254
  • Biology Passage Scores.doc
    73 KB · Views: 145
  • Organic Chemistry Passage Scores.doc
    67 KB · Views: 120
  • Verbal Reasoning.doc
    143 KB · Views: 110
  • General Chemistry Passage Scores.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response. I guess you are right about looking at the sub-section scores at once. The wait is already long enough :)

I was going to shut my eyes while the page loads and sloooowly open them with a painful, cringing look on my face.

im gonna make it MAD dramatic. I'll have one family member each slowly wisper the number of a particular section in my ear at different times of the night while I'm asleep.

Dafuq?

Lol, naw.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Only one more day! I'm trying to decide if I want to check the scores as soon as they come out despite the fact that I'll be in class at the time, or if I want to wait until I get out of lab at like 7 pm. Now that it's so close, I almost don't want to know....almost :p

LOL @ some of you who are worried you may make less than a 32. I'd be lucky to break a 25 on this terrible terrible test :(

Had the best dream ever that I got a 48 on the MCAT. Then I woke up to realize that it's not even possible, haha. Less than 5 days guys!

Lol same here, dreamed I looked and got a 50. Immediately within the dream I realized that that score wasn't possible and I promptly woke up lol

i had a dream tht my cuzin ( who is a business major ) took the mcat for fun and got a 43....like wtf...totally bummed me out....:(:(

1 damn day fml! :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been avoiding everyone I know because that's all they ask me about..

Haha, I wish I could do that. Theres like a huge line of people that INSIST on knowing how I did. I honestly think some went so far as to go online and find the release date for my test to stop me from brushing them off with the good ol' "didnt get it yet."

I cant even log in on facebook without getting a chat or inbox about it lol. And these people wont take "I did pretty good" for an answer either. A little annoying. But its all good cuz I know its simply out of nosey love.

--

I was going to say dafuq after reading your first few lines. But then I read on.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

anyone else been checking multiple times a day in case they just happen to release the scores a day early?

Haha, I wish I could do that. Theres like a huge line of people that INSIST on knowing how I did. I honestly think some went so far as to go online and find the release date for my test to stop me from brushing them off with the good ol' "didnt get it yet."

I cant even log in on facebook without getting a chat or inbox about it lol. And these people wont take "I did pretty good" for an answer either. A little annoying. But its all good cuz I know its simply out of nosey love.

Ughh you and me both. Thank you Mom, for tagging me in the facebook status you made about my mcat on the day I took it. Really, I've thoroughly enjoyed being harassed about it by all of my friends on a daily basis, and I look forward boasting to everyone I know about the 5J I'm expecting to see tomorrow!

Final predictions anyone?

AAMC average:
Goal:
Prediction:
Actual:

AAMC average: 32.5 (PS 12.25, VR 10, BS 10.25) (n=8)
Goal: 33
Prediction: 24L (PS 10, VR 7, BS 7)
Actual: ......:scared:

AAMC average: 37 (AAMC 8-11; I took 3-7 two months before that so I don't think those are accurate anymore). Last three AAMCs (9-11) had average of 38.
Goal: 36
Prediction: 38+
Actual: Probably going to be much less than 38 because I just jinxed myself with this post

AAMC Average: 32 (PS:12; VR:10.5; BS:9.5)
Goal: 33 (this was my most common AAMC score; 13/10/10 would be great)
Prediction: Ugh, hoping for 30 or higher, but I'd be lying if I said a sub 30 would shock me
Actual: ~18more hours

Just think...you will remember tomorrow for the rest of your life!

There are two ways tomorrow is going to end:

party-drinking.jpg

or

nghienruoumantinh.jpg

Either way I'm not remembering ****.

Range:32-35

Average: 33

Prediction:30, It's going to be the biology section that's going to destroy me. Good luck everyone.

does everyone elses just still say "you have no scores yet"?? im worried they should be "on hold" as of right now

Average: 32
Prediction: like 25 (I ran out of time in almost every section, was too nervous on test day)

AAMC range: 30-37
Kaplan: 32s

Hoping: 35-40+

Actual?

I know I'm screwed because I got at least 6 wrong for BS and god knows how many for VR.

AAMC average: 34
Kaplan average: 36
Goal: 38
Prediction: 35/36
Actual: I'm putting this all in your hands Jesus

Last edited:
AAMC average: 33
Goal: 33+
Prediction: 30 (12 PS, 8 VR, 10 BS)
Actual: ???????

My BS is probably going to be a lot lower than average. Never felt that bad coming out of a BS section and in retrospect it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I wasn't that confident about VR either and this often correlated with a lower score in my AAMC exams (except for one instance). PS was easy but I'll probably get screwed by the curve.

Anyone else had MCAT score release dreams yet? I didn't think I was going to run into these, but last night I had a nightmare that scores got released 2 weeks early and I got a 32 (yes I'm aware that a dream where you get a 32 is hardly a nightmare for most people). I was so glad when I woke up :scared:

I had a dream about 4 weeks ago. I got a 44S and I literally leapt out of bed LOL.

AAMC average: 35.5 (PS 12, VR 11, BS 12.5) (n=9, Range 34-37)
Goal: 33-35
Prediction: 29/30 (PS: felt like 13 but guessing 12 due to curve, VR and BS felt like 8s but prob 9s due to curve. Mixed blessing that curve...)
Actual: Speaking of blessings, just hoping Jesus is occupied with sporting events, music awards and everyone else who took this awful test so that a blaspheming heathen like me has a remote chance at a decent score.

AAMC average: 34.3 (PS 10.9 VR 11.8 BS 11.6) (n=8, range 32-36)
Goal: 33-35
Prediction: 33 (11/11/11) but that's really a total shot in the dark. Some days I feel like I rocked it. Other days (usually when I'm on SDN) I worry that I did quite the opposite. It'll probably be fine?
Actual: I want to feel like this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIvk1cSyG8

Check out the "songify this" autotune remix. C'est fly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIvk1cSyG8

I have a midterm tomorrow from 2-3:30 (PST)... I should check after right...?
That's what I would do. I mean, I'm sure you did awesome, and writing a midterm on a "effing sweet MCAT score" high would probably work out for the best, but juuuust in case, God forbid, you didn't get the score you were expecting... I'm waiting til I'm home from school so that I can lock myself in my room with a tub of ice cream and an Adele album if I didn't do so hot.
I'm not a cute cryer.

I have an exam today just before and one right after a 15 minute break. And another 2 tomorrow. Wonder when I should look. The results should be out as I'm walking into my second test today.

Ps. I can't breathe or go 2 seconds without coughing and am running a 103 fever. None of my professors are allowing a make up. Yay!

there not due today until 3-6ish eastern time
I was under the impression it was 1-5ish, although 5 pm is the "official" release time.

I'm really nervous though. Woke up today and saw it was raining and strongly overcast. I'm not normally the superstitious type, but it's been my life experience that an overcast, rainy day is a bad omen.

I was under the impression it was 1-5ish, although 5 pm is the "official" release time.

I'm really nervous though. Woke up today and saw it was raining and strongly overcast. I'm not normally the superstitious type, but it's been my life experience that an overcast, rainy day is a bad omen.

YES i have ALWAYS felt the same way....its like GOD is crying on our behalf....FMLLLL

come to south florida. hot as satan's anus after a workout here. should increase your score by 3 points ;)

It's clear skies over here. I'll send the weather over, man haha.