The Official 4/16/11 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteveJMarist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
3/26er here checking out the action on your super busy thread...

Congrats to all of you who are happy with your scores! For those of you who aren't, it's not the end of the world. Take the thing again...many of us have!

WAY TO GO! Now, get off SDN and go do something fun!!!

Thanks to Steve and everyone in this thread. You've all been a great support group!

And thank you God!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
And to you beasts out there and everyone else that's posted so far- great job! If you aren't satisfied with the score, I'm very sorry and will be pulling for you on a retake.

Could have been better

PS: 10
VR: 6
BS: 9

25o

Good job to the ppl who reached 30+ club!

I legitimately did the exact same as you EXCEPT that I got a Q on the Writing Sample. I NEVER SCORED BELOW A 7 EVER TAKING A VERBAL!! Wtf MCAT...apparently I'm illiterate but can get a Q? I'm so confused what to do. Will this help to offset my 6?

8/6/10 24O. :( Idk what to do

If you're planning on applying this cycle, I say you don't freak out, it's still really early -- I'd try and re-take it again. I took the 5/7 test and I am relieved at the fact that I took it early so I'll have another shot at it, if necessary.

11PS
11VR
11BS

33P

Thought I did a bit better in BS, but I will gladly accept my 33P :D
Just happy I don't have to think about that test ever again!

I am just going to bask in this for a second....
I am a busy full-time mom, wife, and premed, so this is a huge deal for me!

I am so excited about these scores!

PS - 11
VS - 11
BS - 09

Writing Q

Composite 31Q:thumbup:

I am so glad I never have to study for this test again!

Members don't see this ad :)
10 BS, 10 PS, 9 VR, S

really surprised, AAMC prac avg was a 33 :(
sigh...signed up for July 16th, let's hope this turns out better

PS 8
BS 9
VR 10
WS O

I honestly have no idea how I got an O on my writing sample. I might ask for a regrade. It's still 40.2-52.9 percentile range, but I know I wrote better than that!

My BS score also surprised me. I thought I'd gotten a 10! On the plus side, I got more or less the score I wanted. I said I'd apply if I got at least a 26, and I can live with a 27 for now. I'll retake it if any schools want me to or if I don't get in. But for working and going to school full time, as well as doing disaster relief all week before the test, a 27 is a damn good score, don't you think?

PS 8
BS 9
VR 10
WS O

I honestly have no idea how I got an O on my writing sample. I might ask for a regrade. It's still 40.2-52.9 percentile range, but I know I wrote better than that!

My BS score also surprised me. I thought I'd gotten a 10! On the plus side, I got more or less the score I wanted. I said I'd apply if I got at least a 26, and I can live with a 27 for now. I'll retake it if any schools want me to or if I don't get in. But for working and going to school full time, as well as doing disaster relief all week before the test, a 27 is a damn good score, don't you think?

I think it's great and I am happy for you. Good job!

Oops my bad. I got 11, 10, 10. Not 10, 11, 10. For those of you wondering, I ranged 11-13 on AAMC PS. Got the 11 on this one :cool:. Overall the score is very acceptable to me.

11 VR
08 PS
11 BS
30M

Strange that I did the worst on the section I was most comfortable with.... I was kinda hoping my score would come back a 40 or something crazy like that, but I'm happy enough with my score so that I'm not taking it again. Word.

I mean i've always been clutch with finals in undergrad, but this was way out of left field. Honestly in my gut I was expecting less than a 28. That was how bad I felt about the Bio section. I'm not sure if this is going to change my school list. Most of the schools I planned on applying to were lower on the nat median.

Congrats to everyone else though. You guys worked hard!

8/6/10 24O. :( Idk what to do

I got a 9 8 11 in 2009 and this time I got 11's across the board. Yes it is early, but don't think that you have to rush back into this. I think taking some time off worked for me. It gave me time to really think about what I was getting myself into and to develop a better study strategy. The important thing is not to give up. GL

(11/13/13) for a 37Q. It was right on my AAMC average, although I am just a tad disappointed in the physical science score, that had been my strongest section. Oh well, its over now! I love this thread will check in after celebratory dinner with family

10 BS, 10 PS, 9 VR, S

really surprised, AAMC prac avg was a 33 :(
sigh...signed up for July 16th, let's hope this turns out better

I'm sorry to hear about your score...it's hard to be so close! But at least you know you don't have that much improving to do. I, on the other hand, have a long way to go. Feel free to not answer this question if you don't feel comfortable, but what state did you sign up for the 16th? Because I called today and they told me everywhere for that date was pretty much full???

Ok, longtime lurker here, but I just had to post my score because I am so excited.

V 13
P 9
B 10

Writing - T!!!! Total - 32T

I wish I could have hit a 10 on Physical (what a crazy section was that, anyway?!) but I am overall so happy with my score. What I can not believe is the 'T'. I have always considered myself a good writer, but there was no way I would have ever expected that. How important do you think that is to med schools? I know they generally don't prioritize the writing section too highly, but when it's that strong of a score? I'm hoping it helps me out.

Congratulations, everyone! See ya, MCAT!

(11/13/13) for a 37Q. It was right on my AAMC average, although I am just a tad disappointed in the physical science score, that had been my strongest section. Oh well, its over now! I love this thread will check in after celebratory dinner with family

Wow, congrats man! How did you manage a 13 on VR?? I can't get higher than a 7! My VR sucks! Did you use any "special techniques?" I don't know what to do about my score. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what study materials did you use?

Great job- really happy for you!

practice average: 38
predicted score after test: PS13 VR11 BS14

actual score: PS12 VR11 BS14 - 37R

1 point below practice average, cause I screwed up my timing on PS and missed the last 2 questions, otherwise could've had 14. but I'm not complaining at all. last year when I started studying I thought I was dreaming if I got a 34.

good luck everyone with the rest of the application process, and see you in anatomy lab somewhere :)

1 point below practice average, cause I screwed up my timing on PS and missed the last 2 questions, otherwise could've had 14. but I'm not complaining at all. last year when I started studying I thought I was dreaming if I got a 34.

good luck everyone with the rest of the application process, and see you in anatomy lab somewhere :)

you worked your ass off, rocked the aamcs, and nailed the real thing. congrats!

11 VR
08 PS
11 BS
30M

Strange that I did the worst on the section I was most comfortable with.... I was kinda hoping my score would come back a 40 or something crazy like that, but I'm happy enough with my score so that I'm not taking it again. Word.

I know that I haven't ever posted in this thread, but I've read all the posts and I feel like I know some of you (creeeepyyy..). I got these exact same scores, except that I got a 30Q. I'm thrilled with this score, because I had never gotten above a 29 on any AAMCs.. but I am frustrated with my physical sciences. That was CONSISTENTLY my best section in every practice test that I have ever taken, and I had never scored below an 11 on PS (and was usually scoring 9's on VR and BS). It's a disappointment to get an 8 on the PS, but I'm honestly not complaining because somehow I got 11's in VR and BS and that's good enough for me! At least for this application cycle..

Congratulations to everyone for at least completing the MCATs! No one but us truly understands what amount of work we put into it, and how much it means to us.

9 9 9 R

Did a little bit better than I predicted (26), but still below my avg of ~ 29. Not really all that disappointed considering the feeling I had leaving the test, but my Bio score is the lowest I have ever gotten. All in all I can at least proceed with a decent score for now, but will probably have to retake later in the summer to try to get to that 30 level. Congrats to all on how they did!

2 things:

(2) Getting those last 2 questions right on PS wouldn't have put you at a 14. Maybe a 13, but maybe even still a 12. The point is that you shouldn't worry about it!

(2) Congrats on the killer score! :D

V 8
P 10
B 12

Total 30Q, I'll take it!

I don't know how people do so well on verbal as the highest I've ever scored on verbal is about a 8 or 9 on practice tests so I'm happy with the results. For practice tests, I scored consistently around 31-32 on Kaplan practice tests.

The whole MCAT was certainly an experience and I'm glad its over, hopefully my mark will be good enough to get into medical school and I won't have to go through it again. Best of luck for everyone else looking up their scores today. I was literally pulling my hair out before I logged into the system lol.

I got 11/6/10 M. That's my average. I got 6 27 on AAMC and 2 28 on AAMC. My total was around 27 but score on each section changes for each practice. On some day i get 8 verbal, on some day i get 6.
I am thinking of retaking it. But i don't know if i can get any better. What do you guys think. I know this is not a retake thread.

Also I am thinking of signing up for August MCAT. would that be too late? or should i sign up for late july?

Thanks. congrats to people who got 30+.

AAMC 3: 10/6/12
4: 11/8/8
5:10/6/11
7: 8/8/11
8: 9/6/12
9: 10/7/10
10: 12/6/10
11: 10/7/10

This is so weird, i got 27, i average 27, my bday is on 27th. #post on sdn 27. Man at least today is not the 27th, lol.

Last edited:
thank you Steve, and Wash
I think last 2 questions plus the stupid no-brainer one, might've got me a 14 by a hair.
I think the curve on the real one was pretty close to the practice aamc also.

anyway, whatever, who cares now, it's over :soexcited:

good job and congrats to everyone :)

I know that I haven't ever posted in this thread, but I've read all the posts and I feel like I know some of you (creeeepyyy..). I got these exact same scores, except that I got a 30Q. I'm thrilled with this score, because I had never gotten above a 29 on any AAMCs.. but I am frustrated with my physical sciences.

We got the exact same score! lol

AAMC average: 28-29

Actual score: 36P! 12 PS 10VR 14BS

Idk how i did it. That bio section was so tough!

This is the dream I dream everynight. I consistently get 28's on AAMC. But, I really want +30. Dreams can come true!! I write May 21st, send me your vibes!

this may be not a big deal at all, but is there any reason my score would be on aamcas application and not on mcat cbt? it's starting to freak me out...

And to those of you who didn't do as well as you hoped, keep your head up. I know plenty of people who have taken that test multiple times before they got the score they wanted (and got in).