The OFFICIAL 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from Boston University yet?

Their second interview day was only on Monday, and I was told they'd take about 2 more weeks...

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a call today from CUNY telling me that I was accepted into their PhD program! yey... full tuition remission and 15-18k stipend.

Still havent heard from Temple.. I emailed them 2 days ago and I am yet to get a response.

I still have 4 more interviews to go.

That is great news! Congratulations! Do you know if they were also going to call the people who were rejected or waitlisted after interviews?

Just got a call today from CUNY telling me that I was accepted into their PhD program! yey... full tuition remission and 15-18k stipend.

Still havent heard from Temple.. I emailed them 2 days ago and I am yet to get a response.

Members don't see this ad :)

Whoa! That's awesome funding! I was accepted into the CUNY Developmental Program and am waiting on funding info. If we both go maybe we'll run into each other at lectures or something?? lol. Actually, I wanted to do the Psych and the Law concentration, so maybe we will actually run into each other? Who knows.

ANYWAY, accepted into North Carolina State University's Psychology in the Public Interest Ph.D. program! I am hoping to work with faculty there and at UNC Chapel Hill...that's if I worm my way into their research projects :D

Hey.. the way it works is that they make their offers and then work their way down the alternate list as candidates who have been offered positions reject them.

They may call the alternates and tell them they are alternates too but I'm not sure. This is the first school I have heard anything from and it was the third one I interviewed at.

Call from my POI last night for acceptance to University of Houston...aka my top choice! I immediately accepted. I am so excited.

I can't believe I get to post on this thread! yayyyy

Call from my POI last night for acceptance to University of Houston...aka my top choice! I immediately accepted. I am so excited.

Congratulations! That's great to hear!

I received the following e-mail:

"It has just come to my attention that you probably received a letter of admission that was addressed to another applicant. I will correct that error and get the proper letter in the mail to you ASAP. The recommendation for admission was sent to the graduate school on February 13, so it is likely you will receive a letter of admission from them before you receive the corrected one from us.

Sorry for the error.

Graduate Programs Assistant/Admissions Coordinator
Department of Psychology
The University of _________ "

This is great! I have always dreamt of holding on to two offers of admissions from the same school! :laugh: I think I will call to tell them that I heard when this happens one is entitled to a free beer! Maybe that is only in Canada! :laugh: Wait, maybe I was accepted to an entirely different department! An MBA might be nice! I am hoping a football scholarship is attached! :laugh:

University of Florida (clinical PhD, health track)
Call from clinical program secretary on 02/26/09.

Very excited for this one!! One of my top choices, so I think I might be living in Gainesville next fall!

Congrats! Was this for regular clinical or the neuro track?

Has anyone heard about the neuro track?!

University of Florida (clinical PhD, health track)
Call from clinical program secretary on 02/26/09.

Very excited for this one!! One of my top choices, so I think I might be living in Gainesville next fall!

I got the call too! Congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all, i have a question and i don't think it's worth it to start a new thread for this.

i sent thank-you letters out to the people who interviewed me. however, anyone know if it's typical to send out another round of thank-you letters to those SAME people at the school i will attend? i feel like i should say something to them about my intent to attend and thanking them for their positive reviews of me, and though i am in contact with my POI, i haven't yet personally contact the others (i was interviewed by 5 people).

thanks for your advice :D

hi all, i have a question and i don't think it's worth it to start a new thread for this.

i sent thank-you letters out to the people who interviewed me. however, anyone know if it's typical to send out another round of thank-you letters to those SAME people at the school i will attend? i feel like i should say something to them about my intent to attend and thanking them for their positive reviews of me, and though i am in contact with my POI, i haven't yet personally contact the others (i was interviewed by 5 people).

thanks for your advice :D

For what it's worth, I wouldn't send another round of letters to everybody, for a couple reasons.

1. Not that you're not wonderful and don't DESERVE all positive reviews (because I'm sure you are and do), but you don't actually know that everybody's review of you was positive, and a letter presuming that it was is a little, um, presumptuous.

2. It seems a little over-eager. Normally I'm all for over-eager, but a formal thank you again see you soon note seems excessive. Definitely stay in touch with the POI, but the others... maybe a quick email, thanking them again for the interview and saying you'll be seeing them in the fall. But not the whole hand-written note thing.

But that's just me.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't send another round of letters to everybody, for a couple reasons.

1. Not that you're not wonderful and don't DESERVE all positive reviews (because I'm sure you are and do), but you don't actually know that everybody's review of you was positive, and a letter presuming that it was is a little, um, presumptuous.

2. It seems a little over-eager. Normally I'm all for over-eager, but a formal thank you again see you soon note seems excessive. Definitely stay in touch with the POI, but the others... maybe a quick email, thanking them again for the interview and saying you'll be seeing them in the fall. But not the whole hand-written note thing.

But that's just me.

thanks, that's great. i'll do that.

Got accepted to the USC clinical program (child track) via email from POI yesterday. Woohoo!! :)

is there a difference between "alternate list" and "waitlist"? I got an e-mail from DCT saying I was on the list of alternates. I was hoping that was something special, but the more I think about it the more I think it just means I am waitlisted:confused:

Hi,

I received offers from these schools this week!!!!

Northern Illinois- Monday Feb 23rd. call from DCT
Loyola Chicago- Thurs Feb 26th call from DCT.

is there a difference between "alternate list" and "waitlist"? I got an e-mail from DCT saying I was on the list of alternates. I was hoping that was something special, but the more I think about it the more I think it just means I am waitlisted:confused:

I don't think there is any difference.

I got my first accepance today from University of Windsor! It's such a great feeling knowing I get to go somewhere this fall. Such a load off after this difficult process.

For Regular clinical. I heard that most POI's are not making calls until next Wednesday. So there is still time!

News for anyone considering accepting at Catholic University. I am a current student there and hate it. The faculty never back you up, constantly critique everyone in the program, the program has no money, you basically teach yourself every class you have, the faculty do not know how to conduct research effectively, and most are quite rude to their students. If you have CUA on your list of potentials....do NOT accept. This is a rare view into the inside of the CUA's clinical world. When I was accepted into grad school, i had more than 10 invites from other programs. I will regret this decision for the rest of my life. Please listen to me and do not make the same mistake as I did.

... is someone trying to get in off the waitlist? that's pretty unethical

I got accepted to the UH neuro track this morning. I got a call from my POI. Good luck!

Who's trying to get in off the waitlist? Are you referring to "Melis?"

I just interviewed at Catholic. They haven't even given out acceptances yet as far as I know (they said 2 weeks from now), so... no.

I just interviewed at Catholic. They haven't even given out acceptances yet as far as I know (they said 2 weeks from now), so... no.

Oh I took his/her comment as meaning that Melis really didn't go to Catholic and was trying to discourage people from going there by posing as a student so he/she could get off the waitlist/ get into the program. Hence my question. Does that make it clearer?

yes, i was referring to melis' post. perhaps i'm a bit cynical, but that post seemed "off," as though the person was trying to discourage others from taking spots at Catholic. melis' only posts on SDN are the two above. i could be totally off, in which case i apologize, but people should be careful about the information they get on SDN.

Hi,

I received offers from these schools this week!!!!

Northern Illinois- Monday Feb 23rd. call from DCT
Loyola Chicago- Thurs Feb 26th call from DCT.

Can you say who you're working with at Loyola Chicago? Have you made any decisions? (Obviously I'm anxiously waiting to hear from them). Congrats to you though!

Carlow University
Psy.D., Counseling Psychology

Accepted yesterday via phone call from the program director! Very excited:)

Jon

Hey, anyone hear back from Fairleigh Dickinson yet?

I realize that this process is a stressful one. I regret no graduate student telling me the truth about their program. Therefore, I took it upon myself to tell you my opinion. Take it or leave it. I am sorry this process made you question someone who is actually telling you the truth. I am past my second year in the program and for obvious reasons cannot identify myself. Take it or leave it, but know that there is no waitlist I am trying to get off of. I am in the program now and wish I had made a different choice....

hey melis,

i apologize for the comment. i am sorry that you didn't receive honest information while you were going through this process. i would hate to end up somewhere that wasn't what i thought it was. i am sure the people who applied there appreciate your info, i was just concerned that you might not be providing accurate information, and that would be really unfair. again, i'm sorry for accusing you.

Hey all! Sorry to be a broken record (I've asked about both these programs in the past weeks) but anyone who interviewed at Louisville Clinical PhD get an acceptance yet? And anyone get an interview at Cincinnati?

I am majorly job searching right now, and I just want a grad school acceptance so I can stop looking for jobs :)

Have any of the other American University Clinical applicants heard back yet? I'm just curious.

Got my first acceptance today for the Clinical PsyD at CW Post! Woo hoo! =)

SO if you haven't heard back from one of the schools you interviewed at within the timeframe your poi said that you would, is it inappropriate to send an email to touch base. I don't want to sound pushy, but I also don't want it to seem like I''ve forgotten about them and don't care about hearing back. Suggestions??(the school is emory btw)

On the "Advice to Applicants" thread, the DCT said it's okay to call/email after two weeks.

Just to give some encouragement to the alternates... while it is a very stressful place to be in, it can definitely still work out. I was actually 1st alternate for my first choice program... the applicant above me decided on another program, which means I was accepted right after that notification came (though it was 2 weeks after the interview!)

So if you're on alternate status, don't give up yet!

Hello all,
I have not heard anything from my application to Purdue University and the status of my application on their online system reads "Under Review."

Has anyone else has heard back from Purdue?

Does anyone know anything about their admissions procedures?

I interviewed for a fellowship that has lots of applicants, and I was the very first interview, so I'm not going to find out for a month!

I'm going to send thank you cards to the two people I interviewed with, as well as the person in charge of the program. Would it be appropriate to include my business card in it? I forgot to give it to them, and I don't them to forget my details about where I work! :D Or to rephrase...would there by HARM in including it?