The OFFICIAL 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about Louisville yet?

Nope, haven't heard. And I am dying to know :(

I wish they could tell us who is in first and save telling about the fellowships later!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going crazy waiting to hear back from emory. The interview was the 6th, they said everyone would hear back by the end of the month, so it has to be this week. it was my top choice, and now, by process of rejections and elimination its my only choice. I cant take the pressure of waiting! haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply here, but a friend of mine was offered admission into the Clinical PsyD.

My interview w/ Yeshiva was on the 12th, do you know how they heard (phone e-mail etcc)

ALSO has anyone heard from Columbia TC Counseling PhD yet? The grad students made it sound like it wouldn't take very long and I'm chomping at the bit.:confused:

My interview w/ Yeshiva was on the 12th, do you know how they heard (phone e-mail etcc)

ALSO has anyone heard from Columbia TC Counseling PhD yet? The grad students made it sound like it wouldn't take very long and I'm chomping at the bit.:confused:

Email on 2/18

I'll post this here too:
i heard that maybe Maryland was waiting for the state budget to come out before they accept people...
this could be easily disconfirmed if anybody knows somebody who got in (clinical phd), or by somebody calling to find out...

Someone was accepted to UMD - College Park on Feb 20 according to the Grad Cafe, but that isn't always the most reliable source.

interesting - the grad cafe post said acceptance by snail mail...can't we get a phone call?
so now everyone gets to stress over if the letter carrier accidentally dropped their acceptance in the wrong box.

also, no one on this forum has been accepted by snail mail as far as i can tell...
why would they do it that way? It's less reliable, more time consuming, and more expensive than email.

I question the legitimacy of this supposed grad cafe post...mostly because this crazy process has got me rationalizing some crazy notions.

Yeah, from what I can tell it's usually phone calls. Not that I'd know from experience yet, mind you. e_e

Yeah, from what I can tell it's usually phone calls. Not that I'd know from experience yet, mind you. e_e

It was a few years ago, but I was accepted to my MA program via mail. So it could conceivably happen.

Sorry to raise the ambiguity quotient.

also, no one on this forum has been accepted by snail mail as far as i can tell...
why would they do it that way? It's less reliable, more time consuming, and more expensive than email.

I question the legitimacy of this supposed grad cafe post...mostly because this crazy process has got me rationalizing some crazy notions.

I didn't get into Minnesota, but according to this forum they sent acceptances via snail mail, so yeah, I think it happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was the last day of interviews for my top choice at which I interviewed. Am I crazy, or is anyone else neurotically checking their email and jumping at phone calls as soon as you know their interview process is over? I am likely to die of anticipation/stress. Too much cortisol is not good for your body (so says Biopsych) ugh. Congratulations to EVERYONE who got accepted. I really wish I were in your shoes!:thumbup::xf:

I concur. I CONCUR!

Sorry, was that too emphatic?

Hi,
I think they are still waiting for the graduate school's approval for funding.

but it looks like they already did their interviews, right? i wasn't asked to interview and haven't heard anything... so i think i might be out of the running....
:eek:

If anyone has heard from Arizona State, please PM me or post here (i'm dying to hear something!)

Louisville
Accepted on 2/20/09 via phone call from DCT

Arizona State
Accepted on 2/20/09 via phone call and email from DCT

congrats, thirdeye! it's my top choice so I really hope I hear something soon!

Louisville
Accepted on 2/20/09 via phone call from DCT

Arizona State
Accepted on 2/20/09 via phone call and email from DCT

2 offers? Here I am waiting for just 1! :thumbup: Congrats!

there should be more acceptances by now i'd think- maybe some aren't posting acceptances because there isn't an anon route to do it like in the interview invite thread?

should i start a running list and people can PM me - so they don't have to post but acceptances can still be reported? thoughts?

I was thinking that a list in the first post would be nice, so people wouldn't have to read the entire thread to find the school they're looking for.

Some people might not be comfortable with this but I'm going to ask anyhow.
For those who have gotten accepted, would you mind telling us:
1. Did you take time off or go straight to graduate school,and
2. What/or what kind was your research and clinical experience (IE. how long did you do it/ what kind of place did you do it)?

I guess I'm trying to see what kind of experience (life, research and clinical) the schools are really looking for when they accept candidates, seeing if I even compare at all haha.
Thanks!

congrats thirdeye!

if anyone else hears from asu, please let us know...

Just got an email from American inviting me to a CAS Graduate Studies Day (info session basically) in March. Did everyone who interviewed get that? It's pretty unclear if it means anything or not.

I was thinking that a list in the first post would be nice, so people wouldn't have to read the entire thread to find the school they're looking for.

smeevil is the only one who can do it since she/he owns the first entry on this thread... i'd be willing to start a new one if people think its worth it

Just got an email from American inviting me to a CAS Graduate Studies Day (info session basically) in March. Did everyone who interviewed get that? It's pretty unclear if it means anything or not.

got it too - i interviewed there last week as well. it looked general to me

got it too - i interviewed there last week as well. it looked general to me

Yeah, it just seems like an odd thing to send, especially timing-wise (I'd imagine decisions would be made soon, if they haven't been already), but maybe it's more for other grad programs that don't do the whole interview thing.

Has anyone been accepted to the UConn Clinical Ph.D. program? We were told we could hear after the 23rd.

I read on one of the forums that someone received a phone interview. I also read that another applicant was rejected via website. I had neither experience, so I called the secretary today. She stated that they don't do formal interview day because it is more up to the professor. She also said that acceptances (and rejections I'm assuming as well) will be going out mid to late March. I still consider myself lucky that I haven't been outright rejected as I was at Louisville.

Congrats to those who received interviews and acceptances at Louisville. I'm mega jealous :)

Ha, guess I wasn't the only one who wondered, because they sent a clarification that it doesn't mean anything.

my p.o.i. said "early this week." after hours of analyzing the two line email, i decided that means tomorrow at the latest...

smeevil is the only one who can do it since she/he owns the first entry on this thread... i'd be willing to start a new one if people think its worth it

I thought about doing that but at least with the other thread for interviews I would just end up reading all the stuff that had changed since I last read the thread since it takes a while for the person in charge of the thread to update it. (No offense or criticism to the person who ran the interview invite thread. He/she did a great job.)

Also, if it had been a while since I read the thread and I was looking for a particular program, I would just do a search through it, and that seemed to do the trick. I guess the list wasn't too useful for me b/c I was checking the interview thread compulsively.

If a lot of people want it I could do that I guess.

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard from Louisville? My POI spontaneously emailed me yesterday saying that they have not heard back from the graduate school regarding the fellowships but that they should know more this week about how many professors will get to take a student. I was just wondering because someone on here has already received an offer from them and it makes me nervous.

University of alabama at Tuscaloosa

Phone call from poi

I'm going to grad school!

Has anyone else heard from Louisville? My POI spontaneously emailed me yesterday saying that they have not heard back from the graduate school regarding the fellowships but that they should know more this week about how many professors will get to take a student. I was just wondering because someone on here has already received an offer from them and it makes me nervous.

I interviewed a Louisville as well, and haven't heard a peep since interviews. I saw someone received an offer as well and got nervous! I think it said they got the offer on the 20th, so it's odd that your POI says they don't know about fellowships yet... who knows!! I'll post something as soon as I hear anything (if I do!) Good luck!

but it looks like they already did their interviews, right? i wasn't asked to interview and haven't heard anything... so i think i might be out of the running....
:eek:

Yeah, interviews were held a while ago. Sorry.

Someone PMd me (who wanted to keep their privacy) to say that they got accepted into University of Maryland, Baltimore County by phone on 2/24

congrats!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I got a call (and email) today stating that I was accepted to the program. YAY!:D

Peace.:cool:

I was also told to "stay in touch if I get any offers so we can see what we can do" Is this typical for the POI to say to students in an interview?

Child Clinical

So that program is my overall #2 choice and my #1 choice asked me to stay in touch and let them know if I get any other offers. How should I word the email telling #1 that I have an offer somewhere else? Should I tell them specifically where I was accepted?

Whats the ettiquette around all this?