The Last SMDEP Thread EVER!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Case Western Reserve University Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine (OH)

Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and College of Dental Medicine (NY) Double A, Jaadi, chinchinchin

David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and UCLA School of Dentistry (CA)

Duke University School of Medicine (NC) ARFANDADA

Howard University Colleges of Arts & Sciences, Dentistry and Medicine (DC)

The University of Texas Dental Branch and Medical School at Houston (TX)

UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical and New Jersey Dental Schools (NJ)

University of Louisville Schools of Medicine and Dentistry (KY)

University of Nebraska Medical Center, Colleges of Medicine and Dentistry (NE)

University of Virginia School of Medicine (VA) JSJ1313

University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Dentistry (WA) Wades

Yale University School of Medicine (CT) vucm, Isisfusion, LolaMD

New Haven, CT Here I come!!!

Congrats and hope to see you and vucm there!

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and College of Dental Medicine (NY) Double A, Jaadi, chinchinchin

Duke University School of Medicine (NC) ARFANDADA

University of Nebraska Medical Center, Colleges of Medicine and Dentistry (NE) wowser147, FRESH 12

University of Virginia School of Medicine (VA) JSJ1313, tonystark

University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Dentistry (WA) Wades, eagleman

Yale University School of Medicine (CT) vucm, isisfusion, Lola MD

hey alll :)

I've been accepted to the NJMS site and the Yale site... I've been trying to figure out where to go and it's been driving me crazy >.< The websites aren't super informative and I've emailed some ppl but I'm still waiting for their reply.

idk how I came across this site but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts... I'm kinda leaning toward the NJMS b/c it list pediatrics under clinical experiences and that interests me (yayy for pediatricians! :) but it's up against the very prestigious Yale... so idk

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
i was in the same position you are last year. accepted to yale and umdnj only. i chose umdnj and i have ABSOLUTELY no regrets. UMDNJ has an AWSOME clinical experience and you will get to see ALOT. you will also get to disect cadavers every other day and the faculty and mentors are great and really care about your experience. i cant vouch for yale, but thats my experience at umdnj. Don't choose over prestige, because when it comes to a summer program, it wont matter unless you are planning on going to that instituion for med school. therefore i see no reason why you would choose one over another based on prestige. hope this helps,

if you have any other questions, plz dont hesitate to ask :D

i was in the same position you are last year. accepted to yale and umdnj only. i chose umdnj and i have ABSOLUTELY no regrets. UMDNJ has an AWSOME clinical experience and you will get to see ALOT. you will also get to disect cadavers every other day and the faculty and mentors are great and really care about your experience. i cant vouch for yale, but thats my experience at umdnj. Don't choose over prestige, because when it comes to a summer program, it wont matter unless you are planning on going to that instituion for med school. therefore i see no reason why you would choose one over another based on prestige. hope this helps,

if you have any other questions, plz dont hesitate to ask :D
i didnt know you chose umdnj over yale... i thought you said you were wait-listed? were you taken off the wait-list?

i guess we had the same choice to make last summer. columbia closed before my app could be processed, and i was accepted to yale and umdnj.

es2730: i picked yale because i wanted a stronger academic focus (the people i talked to said umdnj wasnt as difficult as their ugrad so it didnt prepare them as well as they thought it would.. smdep is an enrichment program, so i found that odd. plus i know my uni is much tougher than most so i wanted the most challenging site i could find). the umdnj site has a stronger and more diverse clinical experience, in my opinion. yale has the better medical center, but umdnj has FAR fewer summer participants (60 md at umdnj but like 81 md + 15 md prefrosh +10 or more yale-howard nursing + 20something biostep ppl at yale.. all had shadowing opportunities) so it probably had more opportunities.

but yale does indeed have a pediatric clinic and i shadowed there.

Last edited:
hey guys i applied for the UCLA smdep on 2/9.
will i have a chance or is this too late?

hey alll :)

I've been accepted to the NJMS site and the Yale site... I've been trying to figure out where to go and it's been driving me crazy >.< The websites aren't super informative and I've emailed some ppl but I'm still waiting for their reply.

idk how I came across this site but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts... I'm kinda leaning toward the NJMS b/c it list pediatrics under clinical experiences and that interests me (yayy for pediatricians! :) but it's up against the very prestigious Yale... so idk

any advice would be much appreciated. thanks!

Which city would you rather visit for six weeks?

i finally heard something from columbia and i got in! so after having thought about duke/columbia for a couple days, ive decided to go to duke. my reasoning is kinda long haha so ill save it for later (message me). long story short, i know ill get more out of the duke program than the columbia one. we've all got to get through our pre-reqs first and i wanna be ready for o-chem when that time comes. i still love columbia but, perhaps next time :p

im so glad the waiting game is over!

Duke University School of Medicine (NC) ARFANDADA, saxophonium6

University of Nebraska Medical Center, Colleges of Medicine and Dentistry (NE) wowser147, FRESH 12

thanks for all the replies guys :)

I'm still not too sure where I'm headed... I was leaning toward NJMS but am now rethinking it... I think Yale would challenge much more and that might be best. another reason I didn't wanna do Yale was b/c it ends the last week of July, most likely cancelling the trip I wanted to make to Guatemala ::sigh::

I'm waiting to hear back from the program directors rather soon-ish... hope they can shed some more light on the situation :)

i didnt know you chose umdnj over yale... i thought you said you were wait-listed? were you taken off the wait-list?

but yale does indeed have a pediatric clinic and i shadowed there.

lmao, i cant believe you remembered about the waitlist...yeah i was accepted to yale in the long run....but chose umdnj.

btw, at the fair held over at umdnj..were you that dude handing out business cards to the med students and faculty? or do you happen to know who it was?
lol just curious.....and to those that didnt know, i am serious...

lmao, i cant believe you remembered about the waitlist...yeah i was accepted to yale in the long run....but chose umdnj.

btw, at the fair held over at umdnj..were you that dude handing out business cards to the med students and faculty? or do you happen to know who it was?
lol just curious.....and to those that didnt know, i am serious...
i have what id like to call selective memory-- i remember things that i find odd. i didnt know people could get waitlisted, so i remembered your case.

haha, was i that dude handing out business cards?? that's so random, how did this come up? surely it has nothing to do with my last post..? if it does im not following your logic.

and no, why would i have business cards?? haha but i MAY know who you were talking about. Yale encouraged us to come with our resumes.. as in they kinda forced us to create one, and TA's were there to help if we had questions etc. i, like everyone else, brought mine with me, but i never took them out of my bag.. [i thought] mine were kinda crappy [relative to some other people who had resumes and updated regularly since like middle school].. i did it last minute, and it was essentially a rehashing of my smdep application but less descriptive. neways there is only 1 guy i know of who really insisted on shooving his resume in people's faces, but it didnt matter because no one wanted them! thank God no one cared or else i might have felt pressured into using mine.

i have what id like to call selective memory-- i remember things that i find odd. i didnt know people could get waitlisted, so i remembered your case.

haha, was i that dude handing out business cards?? that's so random, how did this come up? surely it has nothing to do with my last post..? if it does im not following your logic.

and no, why would i have business cards?? haha but i MAY know who you were talking about. Yale encouraged us to come with our resumes.. as in they kinda forced us to create one, and TA's were there to help if we had questions etc. i, like everyone else, brought mine with me, but i never took them out of my bag.. [i thought] mine were kinda crappy [relative to some other people who had resumes and updated regularly since like middle school].. i did it last minute, and it was essentially a rehashing of my smdep application but less descriptive. neways there is only 1 guy i know of who really insisted on shooving his resume in people's faces, but it didnt matter because no one wanted them! thank God no one cared or else i might have felt pressured into using mine.
lol and do you remember the guy who was like "enough about talking about getting into medical schools, i KNOW i'm getting accepted, im curious about residency and specializaing" INFRONT OF EVERYONE, including med admissions people..lol... he actually posted in this thread!!! hahaha yes i figured out who he was based on where he goes to school :p he was the only one at yale from his school so that was easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an international student and a freshman.
I believe u have to be a US citizen for this. Can we get an exception in any way and if not ... Does anyone know of summer programs open to international students with an F1 visa status ?

:confused:

Selective memory... niice. I'm the same way, but I wish I remembered odd things about classes... guess classes aren't that special to remember.

Yeah i know the whole business card thing was random.. but i just find you very organized and was curious if that person happened to be you. i remember the dean from umdnj talking to me about it, and he was like, WOW, that dude is handing out business cards...lol just a funny moment for me and a couple of my collegues...you know having heard it

lol and do you remember the guy who was like "enough about talking about getting into medical schools, i KNOW i'm getting accepted, im curious about residency and specializaing" INFRONT OF EVERYONE, including med admissions people..lol... he actually posted in this thread!!! hahaha yes i figured out who he was based on where he goes to school :p he was the only one at yale from his school so that was easy.

LMAO I REMEMBER THAT.....The cool latino admissions doctor from Mount Sinai shut him up saying WTF are you worrying about residency when you are in college! I remember everyone looking at each other thinking is this dude for real? , cuz i think he made us ALL look bad.... definately not good.. that kid might have been the one handing out business cards now that i think about it... I sure hope he doesnt end up at the same medical school i get into..lol

You know, from what i heard from the fac at umdnj and columbia, everyone thought that kid was a dousche, and it gave a bad rep to the yale group, did you guys make him walk back to new haven?lol . It made me want to try to turn on my mic and tell him : SIT doWn fool, you just made yourself look like an a**hole and got yourself black listed from all the med schools at the fair lol

now that i think about it, it makes me think of a girl in our group that did something similar. during the FIRST DAY we met up in UMDNJ, and the directors were letting us ask any questions we might have had, this girl raised her hand and asked SO...When do we get our money! so embarrasing.....
Good ol memories...

Last edited:
I'm an international student and a freshman.
I believe u have to be a US citizen for this. Can we get an exception in any way and if not ... Does anyone know of summer programs open to international students with an F1 visa status ?

:confused:

I *believe* you have to either be a perm resident or a US citizen to apply. go to smdep.org and check it out for yourself as i am not sure. Good Luck!

Does anyone have any information on UCLA's dental experience with SMDEP? I just got in, and I'm extremely excited!

How much "homework" is there? Do you get a roommate in your room? Are they with the same program? What's the clinical experience like? What's the stipend?

but most importantly:

Do you get any freetime for guests to visit? And do I have time to/can I visit friends from LA?

Does anyone have any information on UCLA's dental experience with SMDEP? I just got in, and I'm extremely excited!

How much "homework" is there? Do you get a roommate in your room? Are they with the same program? What's the clinical experience like? What's the stipend?

but most importantly:

Do you get any freetime for guests to visit? And do I have time to/can I visit friends from LA?

I'm sure you will get an email that tells you whether you get a roommate or not, what the dorms are like, what kind of classes/lectures there will be.

The UCLA SMDEP site, http://www.medsch.ucla.edu/smdep/faq.htm, has a lot of the answers to the questions you asked. There's also a video on what some kids did for their clinical experience as well, what kinds of things they do during classes, etc.

As for a stipend, I'm not exactly sure, but I believe the highest I've read on this board was $1000 at Nebraska. Yale only offers $500 + 100 for travel. So I'm guessing the range out to be from $500-$1000.

Just search throughout the site, and you'll find a lot of information. I believe it said the rooms are double capacity, so hope you'll be happy with your roommate!

hey guys i applied for the UCLA smdep on 2/9.
will i have a chance or is this too late?

if i submitted my app 2 days before it was due and still got in...you should have no problem.

Have fun everyone at your site. remember to network and keep in touch with those mentors.

David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and UCLA School of Dentistry (CA) jp1285

Duke University School of Medicine (NC) ARFANDADA, saxophonium6

LMAO I REMEMBER THAT.....The cool latino admissions doctor from Mount Sinai shut him up saying WTF are you worrying about residency when you are in college! I remember everyone looking at each other thinking is this dude for real? , cuz i think he made us ALL look bad.... definately not good.. that kid might have been the one handing out business cards now that i think about it... I sure hope he doesnt end up at the same medical school i get into..lol

You know, from what i heard from the fac at umdnj and columbia, everyone thought that kid was a dousche, and it gave a bad rep to the yale group, did you guys make him walk back to new haven?lol . It made me want to try to turn on my mic and tell him : SIT doWn fool, you just made yourself look like an a**hole and got yourself black listed from all the med schools at the fair lol
hahah, well we weren't best buds or anything, and we didn't have any classes together, but we played each other in pool many times. he's actually a nice kid [hard-working, but laid back and easy going], just a lil niave when it comes to being premed. he knew very little of the application process, had not taken any prereqs yet, and had a very good gpa so i guess he was a little cocky.... and yes he made us look bad by saying what he said, but he definitely wasnt the only one in that room thinking it .. regardless of what anyone says, most premeds think they can/will get into med school.. or else they wouldnt go through the process [but it was definitely silly to say it in a room full of premeds and adcom and come off as cocky with a sense of entitlement].

and lol @ the girl who asked about the $$. very subtle...nicely done.:laugh:

For those of you who participated in the past:

How much studying did the courses require on a night/weekly basis? I guess a better question would be, how much did you study? (I guess you don't have to study at all if you don't want) And should you have studied more or less?

I want to put in the time to learn and benefit from the program, but I want to have a good time and see the city at the same time.

i basically just did hw problems and read the notes from class and section and that was enough for me to do well on the tests and quizzes-which i'll assume as indicative of learning the material. i probably spent 1-2 hrs on physics, 1-1.5 hrs on organic, 1 hour or so on the writing +com class. i had a 3+ hour gap between physics (8-10am, including section) and my next class so i did most of my hw then like other people who didn't have bio, which started at 10.30. that often left more than enough time to have free evening to goof off (pool, gym, tv, taboo, movies, hanging out etc.) or go out. most people saved exploring new haven's nightlife or trips to the mall or nyc for the weekend. i imagine you'll have more things to do in nyc for weekends, but during the week you likely be doing what we did.

but on the whole, you'll likely have a lot of free time. a lot of time is spent in class, doing hw, shadowing, or in special lectures or presentations, but there is definitely enough time to go out and have fun.. just not everynight.

i basically just did hw problems and read the notes from class and section and that was enough for me to do well on the tests and quizzes-which i'll assume as indicative of learning the material. i probably spent 1-2 hrs on physics, 1-1.5 hrs on organic, 1 hour or so on the writing +com class. i had a 3+ hour gap between physics (8-10am, including section) and my next class so i did most of my hw then like other people who didn't have bio, which started at 10.30. that often left more than enough time to have free evening to goof off (pool, gym, tv, taboo, movies, hanging out etc.) or go out. most people saved exploring new haven's nightlife or trips to the mall or nyc for the weekend. i imagine you'll have more things to do in nyc for weekends, but during the week you likely be doing what we did.

but on the whole, you'll likely have a lot of free time. a lot of time is spent in class, doing hw, shadowing, or in special lectures or presentations, but there is definitely enough time to go out and have fun.. just not everynight.

That works for me. Were most of the people you met pretty chill and looking to balance the work with fun? I'm sure there were those who wanted to do nothing, but concentrate on the academics.

So i just got an email saying i got accepted to the TX site 2 days ago. I guess this means I have 8 days left to confirm/decline. BUT I haven't even heard from the my other 2 sites (UCLA & Yale) and I really want to have my options open (TX is my third choice). What if I dont hear from those 2 other sites withing these last 8 days? It would really suck if I wait for them and it turns out I wasn't accepted and I declined the only site that accepted me. At the same time I'd hate to confirm to a site when if later on I'm accepted to my first choice!

WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO? :scared:

Yeah i know the whole business card thing was random.. but i just find you very organized and was curious if that person happened to be you. i remember the dean from umdnj talking to me about it, and he was like, WOW, that dude is handing out business cards...lol just a funny moment for me and a couple of my collegues...you know having heard it

now that i think about it, it makes me think of a girl in our group that did something similar. during the FIRST DAY we met up in UMDNJ, and the directors were letting us ask any questions we might have had, this girl raised her hand and asked SO...When do we get our money! so embarrasing.....
Good ol memories...

Ahh The memories of the fair. I remember that guy who said " I know I am going to get into medical school, I am thinking about specialities and breaking glass ceilings etc etc blah blah" Oh, the guy who asked/stated "Don't you think it is waste of time for the NIH to fund homeopathic medicine etc etc blah blah."... He was another yale kid, if I did not know redlight I would have thought that the yale kids albiet intelligent were very socially awkward.

So i just got an email saying i got accepted to the TX site 2 days ago. I guess this means I have 8 days left to confirm/decline. BUT I haven't even heard from the my other 2 sites (UCLA & Yale) and I really want to have my options open (TX is my third choice). What if I dont hear from those 2 other sites withing these last 8 days? It would really suck if I wait for them and it turns out I wasn't accepted and I declined the only site that accepted me. At the same time I'd hate to confirm to a site when if later on I'm accepted to my first choice!

WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO? :scared:

im pretty sure youll hear from the other sites within these 8 days. id call/email your first choice site telling them you got in at this other one but that you really want them and that youd like to know the status of your app asap. all sites can see when youre accepted into a program and i feel like at times, they wait it out to see if you pick the site you were first accepted to or not. but definitely contact your first choice!

good luck!

btw, im from houston, and while im tired of texas, the med center is easily one of the largest in the world and i know youll have lots of opportunities there. md anderson is the number 1 cancer hospital, texas children's hospital is always in top 10, and methodist is ALWAYS top in something. youre housed at rice and it's a really nice campus and we also have ginormous malls (the largest in texas...jus sayin). however, go where you want to :D

i have no absolutely NO biases :D

That works for me. Were most of the people you met pretty chill and looking to balance the work with fun? I'm sure there were those who wanted to do nothing, but concentrate on the academics.
haha, it's summer after all. i don't think anyone there was all academics [and i got to know >> half the participants]... we wanted to learn, yes, but who would want to waste [yes, waste] their summer slaving away doing nothing but bookwork? for the most part, everyone was chill, social, and definitely wanted to have fun. just about everyone was a hardworker too, but we knew it was a summer program so we didnt take it too seriously. im sure the same is true across all the sites. it was one of the most fun summers i've ever had, and im not sure any other premed program can top it in terms of the amount of great people you meet and the amount of different stuff you do (shadowing, volunteering, biomed/heath lectures, class, trips, etc).

Ahh The memories of the fair. I remember that guy who said " I know I am going to get into medical school, I am thinking about specialities and breaking glass ceilings etc etc blah blah" Oh, the guy who asked/stated "Don't you think it is waste of time for the NIH to fund homeopathic medicine etc etc blah blah."... He was another yale kid, if I did not know redlight I would have thought that the yale kids albiet intelligent were very socially awkward.
yeah the kid who was bashing the nih for funding alternative medicine research was a little strange/different.. but he's a nontrad (read: a little older than us) and he has his own unique persepectives on medicine.

and i guess the more normal people didnt say much at the fair because we were sleepy.. it was a 2hr long drive so we had to get up early and most of us were up late the nite before (finalizing those resumes, then hanging out afterwards) if i remember correctly.

I'm starting to get nervous! I sent in my app on Feb. 10th. My transcripts were sent on the 19th. 1 LOR sent on the 23rd and the other (can you believe this?? I gave it to her 5 weeks ago!) was sent in today's mail. Will they get there? What should I do? I mean, all I can do is wait, but....yeah, just freaking out to people who may understand....

haha, it's summer after all. i don't think anyone there was all academics [and i got to know >> half the participants]... we wanted to learn, yes, but who would want to waste [yes, waste] their summer slaving away doing nothing but bookwork? for the most part, everyone was chill, social, and definitely wanted to have fun. just about everyone was a hardworker too, but we knew it was a summer program so we didnt take it too seriously. im sure the same is true across all the sites. it was one of the most fun summers i've ever had, and im not sure any other premed program can top it in terms of the amount of great people you meet and the amount of different stuff you do (shadowing, volunteering, biomed/heath lectures, class, trips, etc).

Good good. Thanks for your replies. Anxious to get this semester over with and just go already. All I can do is live vicariously through your past experiences haha.

To the poster who is worried about your app. There's nothing you can do besides staying updated on what has been received by checking the site and calling the office. Try to relax, I know it's easier said than done. Good luck.

IM GOING TO SMDEP UMDNJ IN THE SUMMER OF 2009!! cant wait!! Is anyone else heading to UMDNJ???

IM GOING TO SMDEP UMDNJ IN THE SUMMER OF 2009!! cant wait!! Is anyone else heading to UMDNJ???

I got accepted a few hours ago and i'm really excited because about a month ago, i was told that i had been rejected. I was so sad that i almost cried my eyes out, but i accepted it and moved on: now i have gotten in, so i have a message for all of you out there who are still waiting or have been rejected, DO NOT LOOSE HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:
So the worst probable thing just happened today:

I got a call from UWash saying that I needed to make an admission decision by the end of tomorrow. I thought that was weird b/c I had sent in my confirmation by email to Yale last week despite only being told that I had less than a week to accept their offer.

I email Yale to make sure that my confirmation form was sent to them and they DIDN'T receive it. I sent the lady another email and I hope they didn't give my spot away. If they did, I might still have a chance at going to UWash. For being ivy league, Yale sure is lame.

I finished my application on 02/23 and got a confirmation from my school that my transcript was mailed out on the 24th, One of my LORs have been mailed but I am not sure of the other one. Do you think the LOR's are important and do you think its too late to get into the different program sites? How long do you think it will take my transcript to get from NJ to Washington?

Can someone please explain the whole you have 5 business days to respond thing? I'm a little confused and I'm probably counting the days wrong of when the 10-business days of review is over + the 5 extra days i get to respond if I get accepted before the 10-day review.. blah blah blah. :confused:

I only got accepted to one site (TX) on 2/25 and I'm still waiting on the other 2.. I'm pretty sure the 10-day review period isn't up yet. I don't want to go over the deadline for confirming to TX and if the other 2 sites don't accept me it would really suck.. (UCLA is my first choice).

Can someone please explain the whole you have 5 business days to respond thing? I'm a little confused and I'm probably counting the days wrong of when the 10-business days of review is over + the 5 extra days i get to respond if I get accepted before the 10-day review.. blah blah blah. :confused:

I only got accepted to one site (TX) on 2/25 and I'm still waiting on the other 2.. I'm pretty sure the 10-day review period isn't up yet. I don't want to go over the deadline for confirming to TX and if the other 2 sites don't accept me it would really suck.. (UCLA is my first choice).

So, sites have 10 business days to let you know something from the date your application is completely complete [he he]. If you get notified by day 2 and they give you 5 days to respond, you just have 5 days- end of story haha. When I got accepted to Duke, they told me that I had 5 days from the date of the email to respond. I was still waiting for Columbia as they were my 1st choice so I called them to see if they could give me some kind of update on my application. After calling them and emailing, they emailed me back saying:

"Thank you for your interest in SMDEP at CUMC. As your application was
marked complete on the 9th we have until the 24th to make a decision
on your application. No site can request that you confirm with them
before March 3rd as it is against SMDEP application trafficking rules."

I mean....despite these trafficking rules, it's obvious that these sites still request that a decision be made within however many days. So if you haven't heard from the site you want before the end of another school's 5-day reply period, you should ask for an extension. If you still haven't heard anything by the end of the extension, pick TX.

g'luck!

Thanks for the info, saxo.
I wish it were that easy.. It doesn't even say on the email until when or how many days I've got to reply! I just tried calling, but all I'm getting is answering machine. :mad: I wish they were more specific..
Oh well, I suppose I'll just keep trying..

EDIT:
Never mind, I just got off the phone with them and apparently I've been wait-listed since it took me awhile to get back to them. They had only a few slots left. They accepted me the day they got my app which was a week ago. They filled up pretty fast..
DAMN! Now one of the other 2 schools better accept me or I'm guna totally freak.

Last edited:
I got accepted a few hours ago and i'm really excited because about a month ago, i was told that i had been rejected. I was so sad that i almost cried my eyes out, but i accepted it and moved on: now i have gotten in, so i have a message for all of you out there who are still waiting or have been rejected, DO NOT LOOSE HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hopefully, I will get in there too. I haven't had any changes to my application yet. I don't know what's wrong bcuz everything should be in order. Maybe I applied too.

Midterms on midterm week suck. just wanted to share that.

Really? I love staying up all night studying for a 45 minute test...

Double A, I have the distinct feeling you are being sarcastic. Lol. On that, I utterly agree. Don't you miss the good ole' days of study guides and extra credit? *sighs dreamily*

if i submitted my app 2 days before it was due and still got in...you should have no problem.

Have fun everyone at your site. remember to network and keep in touch with those mentors.

I submitted mine late as well. How long (or how many days) did it take you to get a response when you applied late?

Really? I love staying up all night studying for a 45 minute test...
Seriously though..stayed up all night studying for a midterm, ended up being too LATE to it and not being able to take it!!!! :(

haha

It's been awhile and still no news - not even an email. I'm guessing I applied to the busier sites?
It's cool, it's cool. I can wait it out. :xf:

Can anyone explain a bit more about the food situation? I gather that food is served in the cafeteria of the medical schools for the most part, but do we pay by cash? Some sort of program swipe card?

my status for UCLA changed to "not yet processed" which i know means that they made a decision and they should have emailed me about it.. but i've been checking my email and i havent heard from them yet.
how long does it usually take until they email you? i'm getting really anxious!

my status for UCLA changed to "not yet processed" which i know means that they made a decision and they should have emailed me about it.. but i've been checking my email and i havent heard from them yet.
how long does it usually take until they email you? i'm getting really anxious!

Once my status was changed to Not Yet Processed, it was only a couple days before I received an email from their office. After that email came, it took the SMDEP website a week or so to update. Good Luck!