The hilarity of SDN on residency interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustSomePreMed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I never bring up SDN during any type of interview dinner or the interview day (because I think that'd be silly), but I've had the subject brought up by other people on several occasions, usually by current residents. What's so entertaining is that it's always mentioned in an "umm.....err......yeah this site I've heard of....." way.

For instance, I was at one interview dinner and we were all talking about how it can be tough to keep track of interview invites, and how they tend to come out late in our specialty, and one of the residents says "Oh yeah, I know. When I was a med student, there was this site called....like.....student....doctor?.....dot.......net? or something, and people kept a running list of dates for interview invitations."

At another interview, the resident was talking about finding out where everyone ends up matching via an excel file that was made on SDN: "Yeah, I think there's this site called, like, uh....student....doctor.....dot.....something.....and they uploaded an excel file that we could all add our names to."

I totally understand not wanting to let everyone know you're an SDNer, I just find the lengths people go to in order to convince everyone else they've hardly ever heard of the site pretty entertaining.

Any stories from others?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha!

I've heard similar, "there was this website...." stories from young attendings.

I've definitely heard this before! I had an intern say "Oh yeah, I got so nervous last year because I saw on some med student site... student doctor or something?... that a lot of people had interviews already and I only had one."

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont even bring it up.

no one else has either, but if an applicant brought it up, my response would be "hm, interesting."

Hell yeah... I'd stroll into my interviews and be like... "SDN in the HOOOOOUSE... sup sup." Another applicant would be like, "Hey there good sir! May I ask what research you are pursuing?" And I'd say, "Screw that, what's your post count, ho? Are you interested in my handle?" The interviewer would ask me why I applied to their program, and I'd said, "Cuz a thread on SDN said you guys have mad sex in the call rooms around here. I'm all about dispensin' meds and bouncin' beds." I represented SDN with swag.

Hell yeah... I'd stroll into my interviews and be like... "SDN in the HOOOOOUSE... sup sup." Another applicant would be like, "Hey there good sir! May I ask what research you are pursuing?" And I'd say, "Screw that, what's your post count, ho? Are you interested in my handle?" The interviewer would ask me why I applied to their program, and I'd said, "Cuz a thread on SDN said you guys have mad sex in the call rooms around here. I'm all about dispensin' meds and bouncin' beds." I represented SDN with swag.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: