The DPT wait is killing me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apptired

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I applied to St. Augustine (florida location) in early December and sent an updated transcript to them in January. I emailed them in February and they said my application was being reviewed. Now it's March 7th...how long does it take??? Should I contact them again or is that frowned upon?

I'm also waiting to hear from Nova, Touro, and Midwestern. Does anyone have an opinion if contacting them will help or hurt my chances?

If contacting them is "ok" ...which is better email or a phone call??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally don't think it hurts to contact them. I called every school I applied to a few weeks ago to check the status of my apps. Just keep in mind, 75% will tell you they can't tell you anything or your application is still being reviewed, 20% will tell you when you will be notified, and if you're lucky one or two might actually tell you their decision.
And always call, most schools will never answer your email!

what term were you applying for? Fall 2011?

Yes, Fall 2011 :eek:

Obviously I wasn't prepared for the rolling admissions this time around...I still had so many pre-reqs and shadowing hours to complete, I just didn't feel ready in the summer or early fall.

I'm open for advice and suggestions.