The countdown...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_cavalier

T3-Weighted
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
4 weeks and counting!! I feel like it'll fly by pretty fast, since May is coming to a close soon. So how are you guys going to occupy your summer, just curious.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Long arse day at UNC hospital...hurt my back transfering a new patient of mine wrong, left late and just spent what seems like the better part of an hour catching up with the forum...phew!
I'm going to run like a freak now to relax, do up some grocery shopping then stare at my laptop and this forum until I crash tonight, maybe with a bottle of tequila nearby, anyone wanna join me? ;)

May the MCAT gods and goddesses have mercy upon our Pre-Med neurotic souls :luck: :luck: :luck: :D

There's a damn ice-cream truck driving by my house right now. It's blaring stupid carnival music. It won't stop. I don't want ice cream. I don't want carnival music. I want my MCAT scores. I'm going to go hijack his truck and drive it into a river. I'll be back later.

dajimmers said:
There's a damn ice-cream truck driving by my house right now. It's blaring stupid carnival music. It won't stop. I don't want ice cream. I don't want carnival music. I want my MCAT scores. I'm going to go hijack his truck and drive it into a river. I'll be back later.
:laugh: :smuggrin: :clap: :horns: +pissed+ :spam:

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright guys, this is my last post before I post the big 5-0-0... that said, I think I need to say two things before I say anything else:

1.) The most agonizing thing that you can experience on this forum is the inability to post. Honestly. I've been wanting to post so much, for a while, in response to everyone's worries, everyone's hopes and fears, happiness and anxiety, etc... but alas, I am saving the fidelity of the 500th for that super-lucky-happy-family-wish-show score report...

and

2.) I :love: you all oh so much!! Even if we are all shrouded in the cloud of anonymity, I think everyone here is just an awesome group of people. What a great support crowd! I absolutely love turning here and welcoming you all into my life. It means so much to me that I can interact with people who know where I am coming from and what I am going through. A lot of you out there - gujuDoc, wetlightning, junebug, uclastudent, and even the ever ambitious shredder, to name a few (although there are certainly more) - I consider you friends, and I am sure you all have the makings of outstanding physicians, just from your ability to post here and make such a great atmosphere in these forums.

that said, I will now retreat back into my thick cocoon of nervousness/anxiety/that-feeling-like-you-just-might-throw-up-any-second-now.... :oops:

congrats everyone, for making it this far, and I can't wait for us all to get our good news!! :thumbup: :D :)

ChuckRock said:
I could use about a case of Sam Adams Summer Ale right now. Hey! Come to think of it, the last time I did some heavy drinking about 12 hours passed without me even knowing it! Let's all just "Time Travel" and we wont have to suffer through all this waiting! :barf: :laugh:

OMG I think I would be in heaven if I had an entire case of their Summer Ale... that stuff is soooo good

crazy_cavalier said:
2.) I :love: you all oh so much!! Even if we are all shrouded in the cloud of anonymity, I think everyone here is just an awesome group of people. What a great support crowd! I absolutely love turning here and welcoming you all into my life. It means so much to me that I can interact with people who know where I am coming from and what I am going through. A lot of you out there - gujuDoc, wetlightning, junebug, uclastudent, and even the ever ambitious shredder, to name a few (although there are certainly more) - I consider you friends, and I am sure you all have the makings of outstanding physicians, just from your ability to post here and make such a great atmosphere in these forums.

that said, I will now retreat back into my thick cocoon of nervousness/anxiety/that-feeling-like-you-just-might-throw-up-any-second-now.... :oops:

congrats everyone, for making it this far, and I can't wait for us all to get our good news!! :thumbup: :D :)

i WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!! crazy cav, you certainly do your part to brighten the sdn atmosphere, and i truly appreciate you for that! as well as everyone else... i don't know how i would have gotten through the past few months without you guys.

how fun would it be if we eventually ended up interviewing together or <gasp> going to the same med schools! best of luck to everyone tonight, and thanks again, crazy cav, for bringing lots of love to the thread! (even though there's already a lot floating around!!)

:love:

Crazy Cav, Hey I go to UVA, same class. maybe we know each other, what's your first name? Maybe we can go hang out and wait for our scores together in my room with the lights down, I'm a hot sexy chick... write back so we can set this up.

Edit: Sorry, just wanted to see if you'd waste your 500th post. But I'm not evil enough to go through with it.

crazy_cavalier said:
Alright guys, this is my last post before I post the big 5-0-0... that said, I think I need to say two things before I say anything else:

1.) The most agonizing thing that you can experience on this forum is the inability to post. Honestly. I've been wanting to post so much, for a while, in response to everyone's worries, everyone's hopes and fears, happiness and anxiety, etc... but alas, I am saving the fidelity of the 500th for that super-lucky-happy-family-wish-show score report...

and

GREAT POST

Thanks for the welll wishes.

g'luck to you too.

wetlightning said:
can't spell can't think
:love:

quoting your response where it says edited because I wanted to say that encapsulates how we all feel.

We all feel like we can't think and breathe right now but hang in there.

I just wanted to tell everyone good luck!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm not going to participate in the all night vigil :( but will hopefully see you all here tomorrow!

Good luck and good night!

What the hell is up with people starting a thread saying scores up within the hour but 1130pm latest bla bla bla.. thats just ******ed as if everyone isn't high strung enuf... if long john is right...ill send him an apple pie.. if he's wrong they'll still be an apple pie but with a dash of cyanide to wish him well.. :smuggrin:

It was at only 400 posts yesterday. A lot of nervous people showed up, I see. For some reason I'm not nervous, just scared for my life. It's pretty bad that I still haven't finished my personal statement up to now because when I find out my score, I'll either want to write curse words at the AAMC organization due to massive anger or just be overoccupied with joy and glee. Please Buddha, let me get a 32.

tanu6784 said:
What the hell is up with people starting a thread saying scores up within the hour but 1130pm latest bla bla bla.. thats just ******ed as if everyone isn't high strung enuf... if long john is right...ill send him an apple pie.. if he's wrong they'll still be an apple pie but with a dash of cyanide to wish him well.. :smuggrin:

i have serious knots in my stomach! Is this an ulcer? My god if these scores dont come out tonight I dont think Ill make it!

Members don't see this ad :)
is it just my stupid computer but right now on this page the post time says like 410 or 411.. when's it like 818 pm.. is my computer fu**ed up?

crazy_cavalier said:

and

Cav, you're one of the nicest posters on SDN since you always have a kind word to share with the neurotics on here. If anyone deserves to destroy that test and come through with number 500 with a big splash, its you. I think you're cheating by holding back with the big 5-oh though. I passed that milestone yesterday--amazing how I had about 200 on April 15 and now I'm past 500. But it was it was a great way to burn 300 posts, on the best forum with some really cool people!!! May the next 500 be as enjoyable.....but with less neuroses involved.

junebuguf said:
Cav, you're one of the nicest posters on SDN since you always have a kind word to share with the neurotics on here. If anyone deserves to destroy that test and come through with number 500 with a big splash, its you.

I agree. CrazyCavalier has posted some great things, some funny things, and some other stuff too. It's been nice having all you guys around to wait for MCAT scores with. It's amazing how this forum can make you feel like you know people and you connect with people going through the same stuff. I hadn't joined SDN when I was waiting for last August's MCAT scores, and I think it would have been much more nice to have been here with thousands of others who are waiting for the exact same thing.

SDN is good for lonely people like me. Here's hoping we get our scores soon!

I don't know if others have seen this yet, but the AAMC site has been updated:

The April 2005 scores will be available here on Thursday, June 16 (i.e., tomorrow).
Actually, they will be posted tonight--just after 10:00pm Eastern (since that's when today's score report requests are processed).
END

10PM EST people!!

bsylvia said:
I don't know if others have seen this yet, but the AAMC site has been updated:

The April 2005 scores will be available here on Thursday, June 16 (i.e., tomorrow).
Actually, they will be posted tonight--just after 10:00pm Eastern (since that's when today's score report requests are processed).
END

10PM EST people!!

COOL!!! Wait...how do you know that juicy tidbit?

Guys,

My bf told me to stop reading these posts because I got SO NEUROTIC!!! Um, hellooo! I rather give him up than stop reading these posts!!! What's he thinking? :eek:

beponychick said:
Guys,

My bf told me to stop reading these posts because I got SO NEUROTIC!!! Um, hellooo! I rather give him up than stop reading these posts!!! What's he thinking? :eek:

omg, thats funny. :laugh:

Heh. I was so convinced that they weren't going to be up until after midnight that I went and got take-out. And now I can't eat a bite! My stomach is just roiling.

Oh, and I don't think I'm going to be doing much with my spectroscopy homework for the next hour and ten minutes... I keep looking at the same thing over and over without really seeing it. :scared:

TheDarkSide said:
Heh. I was so convinced that they weren't going to be up until after midnight that I went and got take-out. And now I can't eat a bite! My stomach is just roiling.

Oh, and I don't think I'm going to be doing much with my spectroscopy homework for the next hour and ten minutes... I keep looking at the same thing over and over without really seeing it. :scared:

youre telling me, i have 8am final tomorrow morning, you know i cant concentrate right now!

Holy! I leave this thread for ONE HOUR to go get a haircut, and when I come back I find that scores will be up an hour from now?!

I don't know whether to be happy or frightened. I think I'm going to hyperventilate!

:scared: :scared:

OH MY GOODNESS, SO I HAVE 1 HOUR OF PEACE AND QUIET UNTIL I FIND OUT MY SCORE?! They should've just kept the release time for tomorrow because I anticipated that and now I am not emotionally ready for this...

junebuguf said:
What are score report requests? And why are they delaying score release?????
I'm guessing that it is an automated process that has to run. They don't just push a key and have them accessable. They probably are "picked up" by the system along with a batch of jobs.

Good Luck Everyone! :luck:

it's so funny- upto this point i was so annoyed by everyone who was freaking out over scores. Now i realize that in these last few minutes i too have joined the dark side. :D

jtank said:
this thread was fun while it lasted....

definitely... do you guys want me to close the thread and OFFICIALLY end the countdown?

Wow... its over. Congrats guys, even if you didnt score what you were hoping for atleast now you know the score and can do something about it. Not knowing is the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.