The 5/27/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieRedBull

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I don't know if a thread has already been started for the 5/27 MCAT, though I'm pretty sure it hasn't. In any case, I'm popping my thread starting cherry with this one so hopefully I'm doing it right :)
I know it's still 5.5 months away, but it's never to early for anything med school related, right? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I do know of a good friend of mine who found out his score last Tuesday (it was for the May 22nd administration). He says he was checking constantly all morning long, and that they posted the scores at around 12:30 pm (Pacific time), so it would have been 3:30 pm Eastern. Maybe they'll do the same again, if that's the pattern they currently have for processing and posting scores.

I never felt that bad about this test. I didn't walk out of the testing center crying or anything. In the past week, though, I've been second guessing about verbal. It seems like it's so easy to drop 4 or 5 points in that section compared to practice exams.

Que sera, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
I CAN'T SLEEEEEP. :scared: This is just awful.

Well....at least by this time tomorrow we'll know. I think we should have our scores by 4 pm ET? Looks like the general trend with past exams was a mid-afternoon release.

I'm on Berlin time, so it will be around midnight before I can expect to see the scores!

In the immortal words of Chocolate Giddy-Up, "Damn, damn, damnnnnn!"

I know the scores won't be up until tomorrow, but I can't help checking. does anyone else cover the screen with their hands when they check to see if the scores are up? lol I guess its a way to not be shocked, I just want to see if they're up not necessarily my score :laugh:

Haha, I do. It's kinda like "If I don't see it it's not real!"

I know with 80% certainty that I will have to take this exam again - why am I freaking out this much?

Members don't see this ad :)
So do the scores ever come out in the morning, or are we definitely going to have to wait until this afternoon?

This one goes out to the guy holding our MCAT scores laughing at us...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KdkQv0FfI[/YOUTUBE]

They should outsource this to New Delhi so it would be 8:16pm there and we'd have our scores.

Hey guys,

I'd be really surprised if you had to wait 'till 5 o'clock.

You're almost there. Good luck!! :)

Wishing you guys best of luck.

Make sure to post in the 30+ thread so that we can learn something from u guys!

i think im going to hurl. ugh i just need it to be here and need it to be a 30+. at this point I've stopped caring what the actual score is so long as I don't have to go through the misery of preparing for and taking that test again. :scared:

i think im going to hurl. ugh i just need it to be here and need it to be a 30+. at this point I've stopped caring what the actual score is so long as I don't have to go through the misery of preparing for and taking that test again. :scared:

Exactly the way i feel...

If your mcat is exactly 30, with no section lower than 9. Is it good enough for a mid or lower-tiered MD school? (assuming all others like GPA, etc., are good enough and a non-URM.) A few years ago, an applicant applied with 9 in VR, but quite high PS and BS. He seems to do fine in his application.

Last edited:
C'mon balanced 33...

This is like waiting for christmas morning to come, except your presents could quite possibly be filled with dog sh#t and cyanide!

C'mon balanced 33...

This is like waiting for christmas morning to come, except your presents could quite possibly be filled with dog sh#t and cyanide!

:laugh:

ugh...i'm gonna attempt to work on a paper. maybe that'll calm my nerves a bit. will be checking periodically to see when you guys say they're posted. eeeeeeeeeek!

Just remember everyone: If this doesn't work out there's always hairdressing school. Oncologist, Cosmetologist same thing right?

Do you think any other majors or pre-professionals are as absolutely nuts and obsessed as we all are? I certainly hope not haha...

No, I would like to go somewhere else but its so cheap to go to school in Texas. Don't want to be 300k in debt when I'm making 45k as a resident. Wouldn't leave much for food at the end of every month..

Well, texas tech has a good program although I would be happy to leave lubbock.... But if my mcat went well enough, then ut southwestern would also be nice. I applied to all of the Texas schools except El Paso and Baylor

Does anyone know specifically why they wait until a random time at the end of the day to post scores? I can understand wanting to avoid phone calls by posting them after business hours, but it seems like the scores should be in some electronic database by now and it can just be programmed to make the scores show at a precise time that wouldn't vary among administrations.

Does anyone know specifically why they wait until a random time at the end of the day to post scores? I can understand wanting to avoid phone calls by posting them after business hours, but it seems like the scores should be in some electronic database by now and it can just be programmed to make the scores show at a precise time that wouldn't vary among administrations.

Because they can

baahahaha Plasticup...

I am thinking about calling the MCAT people and asking if our scores will be out any earlier than 5 PM....yea, I'm lame.