The 2007 Interview Invites Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
okay so far for me 8/12 i applied to:
:)

guessing you mean 9/12

Members don't see this ad.

oh just 8 so far....hopefully more
;)

FYI: I applied to 36 programs.... really just couldn't decide... planning on going to at least 20 interviews.... I really want to experience everything and see what fits me best... no I'm NOT couple matching... just crazy I guess!

I'm expecting some extensive program reviews in the "interview trail experiences" thread:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopkins interviews/rejects will be sent out on Nov. 6 or 7.

Hopkins interviews/rejects will be sent out on Nov. 6 or 7.

hey how did u find out? did they e-mail everyone?!?

Just got an email from BID --> waiting until Nov 1st to get Dean's letter.... etc etc.... I don't have a good feeling personally.... but you never know right?!?

Good Luck Everyone :)

I haven't received an interview offer in a week and a half now. I think it's time to wait for the dean's letter to be sent out. This is going to be the longest two weeks!

Good luck with interviews and see you guys on the trail.

Just got Yale-Bridgeport today, weird..... I didn't reply back to them after that 'weird' message I got.... hmmmmmm

hey how did u find out? did they e-mail everyone?!?

Just got an email from BID --> waiting until Nov 1st to get Dean's letter.... etc etc.... I don't have a good feeling personally.... but you never know right?!?

Good Luck Everyone :)

Got the same email. We'll see, at least they said they'll let you know if they won't be able to interview you (instead of the wait from hell). Hopefully, the rest of their Harvard brethren are adhering to the same policy and we'll all be getting lovely offers in two weeks or so.

UCSF - Fresno this AM (SATURDAY?!)

I got the email today as well. I applied to this program on 10/18 (two day turnaround!!:eek:) thinking it was the San Francisco program...

Maybe it's just me, but i think it's confusing to search programs on ERAS since they're separated by city rather than alphabetical...grouping all [UCSF] programs one under the other. Seems bass ackwards to a have a UCSF that's not in San Francisco!!

I'm gonna feel like an @$$ declining the invite two days after submitting...

Members don't see this ad :)
adding on mine (in approximately the order they came): WashU, Michigan, Mayo Jacksonville and Rochester, Yale, Cleveland Clinic, UVa, Duke, Northwestern

I got U of C categorical

For the Univ of Chicago and Northwestern (Chicago) people, when did you submit? I love these 2 programs-especially Northwestern-and haven't heard from them yet. I submitted Sept 28th or 29th.

I submitted 9/12 and received interview from NW on 10/08. Still waiting on U of C, as well as almost all my others....

I submitted 9/6. I haven't heard from northwestern yet. I tried the old "I'm gonna be in town, could you hook me up?" email...but it didn't work.

Keep up the faith if your waiting on interviews!

I had all but given up hope on Northwestern when one of my good friends got an interview invitation there 2 weeks ago. My invitation came this morning. They (along with everyone else) are still in the process of reviewing everyone's applications and are still sending out invitations.

Good luck!

Keep up the faith if your waiting on interviews!

I had all but given up hope on Northwestern when one of my good friends got an interview invitation there 2 weeks ago. My invitation came this morning. They (along with everyone else) are still in the process of reviewing everyone's applications and are still sending out invitations.

Good luck!

That's good to hear. Congrats on your NW interview. I'll be patient...:)

for those of you getting Northwestern invites. do you go there or any other chicago schools? do an away there? have a chi address? or no affiliation. just wondering. congrats!

for those of you getting Northwestern invites. do you go there or any other chicago schools? do an away there? have a chi address? or no affiliation. just wondering. congrats!

No affiliation, I go to school in Texas.

Yeah I got the same e-mail from BID. Relief that they are waiting till Nov 1st for me, I was such a slacker I just turned in my application last Thursday. Ruddy Personal Statement!! :)
Got interview for Mayo, UTSW and Cleveland Clinic today.
UTSW were strange they only had like 3 interview dates, seeing from the e-mail it seems as if they interview 50 students per interview date.

Adding...

Washington Hospital Center 10/17
Pennsylvania Hospital 10/22

Brown University today via ERAS/email

1. WashU
2. Vandy
3. MUSC
4. Duke
5. Northwestern
6. Wake Forest.... after an almost three week dry spell. Man I can't wait for Nov 1 and Deans letter.

Brown today also! Super excited! Heard great things about this program and my b/f has a couple job offers in the proximity. Will have to shuffle around a couple of interviews since they don't interview on Mondays or Tuesdays.

yep Brown yesterday... at 7:30 Rhode Island time, as much as this process can stress us out I get the impression it's no fun for the staff sending stuff out either...

Scripps Mercy in San Diego 10/22 via email/ERAS.

Just got Mayo Arizona today.
So only have Mayo Arizona, Rochester; Cleveland; UTSW
Waiting for Dean's Letter: BID, Oregon.

Am I the only one that didn't get brown?...don't understand :(

St. Mary (at Long Beach, CA) this PM via ERAS/email

Hey is anyone getting angsty about the November date. C'mon send me my rejections now :laugh:

Hopkins yesterday (disclaimer: I did an away month there)
Brown yesterday

Still no love from UChicago and NWU, no love from Duke and Columbia yet either! :eek:

Which Hopkins? I was told by a very good source that invites for Johns Hopkins were not going out til either 11/6 or 11/7...

NYU, 10/23
Harbor-UCLA, today

There are a few people that Hopkins are inviting before the MSPE. All of them are connected to the university either through Hopkins being their home university or having done an away rotation.

albert einstein jacobi a few days ago. they only offered one interview day? wtf???