Thank you everyone.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meteora

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A long time ago at the beginning of the application process, I made a topic kind of airing my insecurities and doubts about my ability to get into a program. I was worried that certain flaws in my application (i.e. not having any pubs or presentations) would automatically rule me out from any serious consideration at doctoral programs given how many amazing applicants there are. Everyone was very supportive and kind, and reminded me to kind of keep my head up and still give it my all when I applied.

I didn't get a lot of interviews, but I got a couple which was even a massive surprise to me. They went well...and then I never heard back from some of them, and I was on the waitlist for one of em. And then a few days ago I was offered an acceptance from that school which was my top choice. I couldn't believe it, and I still can't...especially after I had already set my mind to getting ready to apply again this year.

I wanted to thank everyone here for just being great at sharing valuable information and disseminating knowledge, taking the time to help other people, and also being light-hearted at times (God knows we're in a stressful field). There's so much I've learned just from browsing this place and reading the discussions people have. It's definitely helped me make careful decisions and ultimately against all odds get into a funded clinical psych PhD program.

I hope that wasn't too sentimental...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
A long time ago at the beginning of the application process, I made a topic kind of airing my insecurities and doubts about my ability to get into a program. I was worried that certain flaws in my application (i.e. not having any pubs or presentations) would automatically rule me out from any serious consideration at doctoral programs given how many amazing applicants there are. Everyone was very supportive and kind, and reminded me to kind of keep my head up and still give it my all when I applied.

I didn't get a lot of interviews, but I got a couple which was even a massive surprise to me. They went well...and then I never heard back from some of them, and I was on the waitlist for one of em. And then a few days ago I was offered an acceptance from that school which was my top choice. I couldn't believe it, and I still can't...especially after I had already set my mind to getting ready to apply again this year.

I wanted to thank everyone here for just being great at sharing valuable information and disseminating knowledge, taking the time to help other people, and also being light-hearted at times (God knows we're in a stressful field). There's so much I've learned just from browsing this place and reading the discussions people have. It's definitely helped me make careful decisions and ultimately against all odds get into a funded clinical psych PhD program.

I hope that wasn't too sentimental...

Congratulations on your achievement!!! It's so nice to hear someone come out of this process having achieved their goal. Enjoy your moment and prepare to work harder than you ever have before.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm happy to see this post! I've been meaning to write a similar thank you, sort of an ode to SDN, after hanging with you guys for the last year and a half as I navigated the application process. I learned SO MUCH from all of you and I could not have succeeded without your help and advice. There is so much valuable information here. It may not always be what we want to hear, but it's usually right. Particularly that there are no short-cuts.

I hope to pay it forward some day. :)

And congrats, OP!

Reactions: 2 users