TEXAS WAMC URM non-trad major 3.89/512

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sebaby

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA: 3.89/3.95 -> Mechanical Engineering undergrad
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 512 128/129/126/129
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): Texas
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Mexican, fluent in Spanish
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Private engineering university, Michigan
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): ~250 hours clinical experience NICU cuddling/running surgical lounge communicating between doctor +patient families.
  7. Research experience and productivity: 1600 hours in the engineering industry (completed undergraduate thesis here), 880 hours of research with a third author publication (Food Science & Nutrition), 400 hours as an X-ray technician in a plant setting.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~20 hours shadowing psychiatrist in an adult high acuity inpatient unit
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: STEM community outreach in low income areas-> 50 hours, ALS fundraisers -> 50 hours, Soup kitchen -> 20 hours
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Philanthropy and Scholastics chairman of a Fraternity
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Gates Millennium Scholar, engineering and math honor societies.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Planning on working as a scribe during my gap year.
I mainly plan on applying to every school in Michigan and Texas, but aside from that I'm not entirely sure where I should yeet my applications towards. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any regions of the country that you prefer over Texas or Michigan? You should receive multiple interviews from your Texas schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any regions of the country that you prefer over Texas or Michigan? You should receive multiple interviews from your Texas schools.
I think I'd be pretty open to anywhere in the country. I'm unsure of where I should realistically apply for reach schools, and I'm really interested in doing an MD/MPH!

I think I'd be pretty open to anywhere in the country. I'm unsure of where I should realistically apply for reach schools, and I'm really interested in doing an MD/MPH!
You could add any of these schools:
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Einstein
Miami
USF Morsani
Creighton
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
USC Keck
Kaiser