Texas Tech DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how it is decided what campus you end up going to? Odessa, Amarillo, or Lubbock? Does it have any correlation with what campus you interview at?
I filled out a campus preference sheet as well. I interviewed in Amarillo, but was placed at Lubbock which was my first choice on my preference sheet. From my understanding, they consider a variety of factors when you interview and your reasoning for what campus placement you are wanting when it comes to determining where you are placed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone I was in the first round of interviews on 9/27 but I still haven't heard anything yet. I'm an out of state student, so just wondering if anyone that interviewed then still hasn't heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I was in the first round of interviews on 9/27 but I still haven't heard anything yet. I'm an out of state student, so just wondering if anyone that interviewed then still hasn't heard anything
I interviewed on the 27th and still have not heard anything

I interviewed on the 27th and havent heard anything either

I’ve seen people on other threads say they were accepted at Texas Tech after two weeks!

I’ve seen people on other threads say they were accepted at Texas Tech after two weeks!
Has anyone said anything about reaching out to them? I'm wondering if I should call or email since it's been so long

Has anyone who attended the interview in Amarillo on 11/15 heard anything?

To those of you who got accepted, how many weeks did it take to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview on October 25th, and haven’t heard back yet a yes or no. Has it taken this long for anyone else?

Damn. Kinda started to get worried, it’s been awhile.. I kinda wanna call but idk if that’s too much
I decided to call and they said that my application is still being reviewed and to keep checking my email.

Does anyone remember when they said they would let us know by after the interview? Wasnt it January 25th?

I decided to call and they said that my application is still being reviewed and to keep checking my email.
Awesome, maybe there is still a chance! Thanks for that, I’ll keep a look out as well :) goodluck!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember when they said they would let us know by after the interview? Wasnt it January 25th?
I believe the date they said everyone would have a decision by was actually January 15th!

Anyone hear yet from 11/15 interview in Amarillo?

Just received an acceptance letter from Texas Tech. I interviewed 11/22
LFG!!

Does anyone know if we get accepted from the waitlist, how long we have to make our decision and make a deposit?

Did anyone learn during their interview how students at Tech get hands on experience besides clinicals and practicing on classmates? I have been accepted into a program that has a pro bono clinic which I think is a great way to get hands on experience before clinicals. I am trying to decide which school I would choose if I were to get off the waitlist at Tech. They are both great schools!

Last edited:
This may be a naive question but I may be going crazy lol. I know there have already been several interview weekends, acceptances, and a waitlist, however, I have not received anything since I was told I was under faculty review in August lol. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

This may be a naive question but I may be going crazy lol. I know there have already been several interview weekends, acceptances, and a waitlist, however, I have not received anything since I was told I was under faculty review in August lol. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
Yep, I applied in September and haven’t received any update on my application status.

I got off of the waitlist last friday (Jan 18th), and I think a few others have as well. I will be attending the Lubbock campus!

Congrats to everyone whos been accepted! i just got an acceptance offer Wednesday night and will be attending the Odessa campus! Who else is at Odessa? :)

I just got accepted off the waitlist for the Amarillo campus! I am freaking out because they want to know my decision by tomorrow!! I got accepted into another school and the prices are really comparable so I dont know what to do!!

Does anyone know if classes are still starting after memorial day? If so will they be in person or online?

Does anyone know if classes are still starting after memorial day? If so will they be in person or online?

1st thing !!!! Congrats on Both acceptances!!!!!!!

Yes After Memorial Day and online for the time being.

1st thing !!!! Congrats on Both acceptances!!!!!!!

Yes After Memorial Day and online for the time being.
Thank you! So we would be doing the anatomy lab online? Or would they switch around the curriculum? I was really looking forward to the cadaver lab.

Thank you! So we would be doing the anatomy lab online? Or would they switch around the curriculum? I was really looking forward to the cadaver lab.
I’m not a 100% sure, I’m sure on the day of orientation y’all will have a definite answer. Sorry not much info there.

Congratulations on getting accepted!! The plan as of now as far as I know is to switch around the curriculum. So the didactic portion of the course is set to start online on May 27th, and in-person classes will resume tentatively at the beginning of July.

Congratulations on getting accepted!! The plan as of now as far as I know is to switch around the curriculum. So the didactic portion of the course is set to start online on May 27th, and in-person classes will resume tentatively at the beginning of July.
Thank you!! Do you think the cadaver lab will be shortened?

It might have to be since we're losing the first month, but it will probably be more intensive!
Dang that might be rough, but we can do it! Have you looked at housing for july? Is there quite a few properties that will rent out for just one month?

Last edited:
Dang that might be rough, but we can do it! Have you looked at housing for july? Is there quite a few properties that will rent out for just one month?
We will get through it! Technically we'll actually be reviewing the material twice since we'll go over it online first, and then apply it to the lab. So that might help. :) So I'm actually already in Lubbock because I signed a 3-month lease at a place before the schedule was affected by COVID, but from what I've heard from others, people mostly seem to be looking into subleasing or Airbnbs.