Texas PT School Apps 2015-2016 (PTCAS/non-PTCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, congrats on your acceptance! I've got an interview at Tech on Oct 30th. What was the interview like? What should I expect?

Hi Ly, good luck to you. Don't be nervous at all. They were so nice. They tell you to expect the process to take about 4 hours. That's because the first part is a presentation and a mingling hour with the students. Then they do one-one-one interviews, just you and a professor. You can narrow who the professor will be based on the campus you are interviewing at. The interview itself lasts no more than 20 minutes. Their questions come from this handout. http://www.depts.ttu.edu/careercenter/UCS Website - Physical Therapy Questions.pdf It only takes as long as they say it does because if you are the last interviewee, you sit and mingle while everyone else gets interviewed. They are so nice and professional, they really make you feel welcome. Take advantage of talking to the current students. It's very helpful and helps calm nerves, too. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

My friend still hasn't heard from tech after their interview at the Lubbock campus so fingers crossed

Hey guys, I have a week to decide to go to the Texas Tech Lubbock campus interview on October 30th. I live in Houston, and I already got accepted to UTMB, do you y'all think it is worth it to fly or drive over there to check out Texas Tech when I am accepted somewhere close to home? I am really split on this, I want to check it out because I spent money applying there, but a flight to there is like $400, or drive which is about 8-9-hour drive from Houston. I didn't even include the lodging costs. Please let me know what to do with this dilemma.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I have a week to decide to go to the Texas Tech Lubbock campus interview on October 30th. I live in Houston, and I already got accepted to UTMB, do you y'all think it is worth it to fly or drive over there to check out Texas Tech when I am accepted somewhere close to home? I am really split on this, I want to check it out because I spent money applying there, but a flight to there is like $400, or drive which is about 8-9-hour drive from Houston. I didn't even include the lodging costs. Please let me know what to do with this dilemma.

Hey Kinghooper that's a nice problem to have. UTMB is a top notch program. I think you should probably only go out to the interview if you think you would actually attend the program if you get accepted. Tech is one of the most affordable programs I applied to, which was very attractive to me. It is also a generally good program and close to me here in West Texas. If you end up going to the interview they usually have students who will volunteer to let the interviewees couch surf. The drive is not bad, either. I wouldn't go to the interview if the only compelling reason is because you spent money on the application. In a sense, you have to ask yourself where you would go if you were accepted into both programs. If the answer is still UTMB, then stick with that. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey Kinghooper that's a nice problem to have. UTMB is a top notch program. I think you should probably only come go out to the interview if you think you would actually attend the program if you get accepted. Tech is one of the most affordable programs I applied to, which was very attractive to me. It is also a generally good program and close to me here in West Texas. If you end up going to the interview they usually have students who will volunteer to let the interviewees couch surf. The drive is not bad, either. I wouldn't go to the interview if the only compelling reason is because you spent money on the application. In a sense, you have to say to yourself where you would go if you are accepted into both programs. If the answer is still UTMB, then stick with that. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

I agree! If you already know that you want to go UTMB than I would not bother to go to Tech. It would def cost more money than the application itself.
Do ya'll happen to know if Tech goes through applications in the order they came in or alphabetically? I am so nervous! I had everything submitted early but had some trouble getting the last recommendation to go through so it didn't get processed until the last day! :/
I hope my letters and essays are enough to get me an interview!

Thanks for the advice guys! @Meant2BDPT I think they do it based on rolling admissions. Because from what I understood from reading this thread, some people already got accepted from the first interviews.

Will TWU inform you that they already received your PTCAS designation?? I know UNTHSC and UTSW will do so. Thanks ~

Received an email today 10/15 with an acceptance to Texas Tech!! I have 10 business days to pay my $100 deposit. Done and done!:soexcited:
Do you know of anyone else accepted to Tech yet? Or anyone for the Lubbock campus?

Do you know of anyone else accepted to Tech yet? Or anyone for the Lubbock campus?

I don't, but it's still early in the process. I know there's another round of interviews on the 30th. Has your friend heard anything yet?

I don't, but it's still early in the process. I know there's another round of interviews on the 30th. Has your friend heard anything yet?
No not yet, thats why I was asking. Hopefully they are still included in the process. Fingers crossed! Maybe they are still processing their decision.

No not yet, thats why I was asking. Hopefully they are still included in the process. Fingers crossed! Maybe they are still processing their decision.

I hope they are still reviewing applications. I haven't heard anything either way. My application got processed LITERALLY THE LAST DAY because of a problem due to the recommendations link. :/ Hopefully they aren't done…...

I hope they are still reviewing applications. I haven't heard anything either way. My application got processed LITERALLY THE LAST DAY because of a problem due to the recommendations link. :/ Hopefully they aren't done…...
My friend applied in July and was in the first interview group, I believe they do rolling admissions. Is tech your first choice? and is this your first round?

My friend applied in July and was in the first interview group, I believe they do rolling admissions. Is tech your first choice? and is this your first round?

This is my first time applying to Tech. Second year applying to schools. I only have applied to two other Universities in previous years. This year will be different tho. hopefully I hear soon, Im impatiently nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone here interviewing with Angelo State University?

Anyone here apply at UTHSCSA and UNTHSC?

Anyone here apply at UTHSCSA and UNTHSC?
I applied at UNTHSC. Have not heard anything yet regarding interviews. The first round of interviews is scheduled to be held sometime in November.

I applied at UTHSCSA but haven't heard a word since they told me that my application was complete! Has anyone gotten any updates from them?

I applied at UTHSCSA but haven't heard a word since they told me that my application was complete! Has anyone gotten any updates from them?

Likewise. I haven't heard anything since then also

anyone here interviewing with Angelo State University?

Hi there! I interviewed at Angelo State last year and I really enjoyed the whole experience. The people were great and very passionate. If I hadn't gotten into a program closer to home, I would have gone there.

The interview wasn't bad. Know your strengths/weaknesses. I remember them asking about experiences with volunteering and also outside of the PT realm. They asked pretty straightforward questions from what I can remember. There were two interviewers and they were very nice and easy to talk to. They may have changed the process since then, but that's what I remember. They have a small class size which is awesome.

Hope this helps! Good luck with everything! I know applying is stressful!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview from UTHSCSA and its on the same day that I have an interview at UTMB! Any advice on what to do? Can I reschedule at UTHSCSA?

I just got an interview from UTHSCSA and its on the same day that I have an interview at UTMB! Any advice on what to do? Can I reschedule at UTHSCSA?
Reply to UTHSCSA telling them you would like to accept the interview but that you have a conflict that date. Ask for other available interview dates. If they don't have any other interview dates, then reach out to UTMB about moving your interview date! I had to move my TTUHSC interview due to a conflict and they didn't question it at all!

Reply to UTHSCSA telling them you would like to accept the interview but that you have a conflict that date. Ask for other available interview dates. If they don't have any other interview dates, then reach out to UTMB about moving your interview date! I had to move my TTUHSC interview due to a conflict and they didn't question it at all!
Just called them and they put me into their interview date next month instead! They were very nice about it!

How did you receive your interview notification for UTHSCA? Good luck!

Any one else heard from Texas Tech? I haven't heard anything yet :(

Any one else heard from Texas Tech? I haven't heard anything yet :(

Their second round of interviews is on Friday. After that they hold one more. Maybe they are waiting for this round to be over before they invite the third round?

Possibly! Its a long shot for me to get into Tech, I just really like their campuses and the cost too (and its close to home, so i figured why not take a shot at it) Hopefully I will get an interview with the last group.. :D

Did anyone hear anything from UNTHSC? I believe the first interview cycle is next week (based on previous years).

Did anyone hear anything from UNTHSC? I believe the first interview cycle is next week (based on previous years).
I got an email from them yesterday just saying to call them because they would like to discuss my application, so I'm not really sure what to make of that... I haven't been able to call yet because the email came around 5 on Friday and they're only open 8-5 Monday-Friday.

Has anyone else heard back from UTHSCSA?

Has anyone else heard back from UTHSCSA?
I haven't heard anything since September. All they told me was that my application was not complete because I have to retake a speech class because my original one did not count.

I haven't heard anything since September. All they told me was that my application was not complete because I have to retake a speech class because my original one did not count.
Ah I see, I know they have their first interviews within the first week of November for early offer, but is it only one interview date?

Allywally, is your UTHSCA interview for early offer? Sorry for all the questions, some of us are trying to figure out what's going on with UTHSCA. Thanks!

Ah I see, I know they have their first interviews within the first week of November for early offer, but is it only one interview date?
UTHSCSA has an early applicant interview in November then a regular interview in December.;)

I got an email from UNTHSC saying to call them about my application and when I called it was to schedule an interview!!!

I got an email from them yesterday just saying to call them because they would like to discuss my application, so I'm not really sure what to make of that... I haven't been able to call yet because the email came around 5 on Friday and they're only open 8-5 Monday-Friday.

It's to schedule an interview! They did the same with me! Congrats!

It's to schedule an interview! They did the same with me! Congrats

Lions 2015- when did you get the email saying you were invited for an interview? was it also on friday? Also, when did you get your application in?

I also got an email from them today also saying for me to give them a call! But they didn't pick up lol!

Hey guys or gals that got an interview email at UNTHSC, What are your stats?
I'm praying that an email comes through for me too.

I also got an email from them today also saying for me to give them a call! But they didn't pick up lol!

Also those of you who got interview email at UNTHSC, along with your stats, when did you get your application submitted?

Lions 2015- when did you get the email saying you were invited for an interview? was it also on friday? Also, when did you get your application in?
I got an email this morning saying to call and invited to an interview when I called them. I turned my application in on PTCAS on July 30th.

Hey guys or gals that got an interview email at UNTHSC, What are your stats?
I'm praying that an email comes through for me too.

I have a 3.8 undergraduate GPA and my degree is in Health and Human performance with a minor in biomechanics and kinesiology. And 260 observation hours in multiple different settings. The GRE isn't required by UNTHSC for admission! Good luck!

I got an email this morning saying to call and invited to an interview when I called them. I turned my application in on PTCAS on July 30th.
What are your stats Lions2015?

I have a 3.75 pre-req and last 60 GPA. About 200 hrs observation in In-patient, Outpatient and SNF. I just hope that will be competitive enough. My application was not verified until the early deadline date. It says on the website that that is the last day to be considered for the first interview, but I think I may not make the first one based on the date of verification.

Has anyone been invited to Texas Techs third round of interviews yet!???? Im going crazy just waiting to hear….:thinking::eek:

I have a 3.8 undergraduate GPA and my degree is in Health and Human performance with a minor in biomechanics and kinesiology. And 260 observation hours in multiple different settings. The GRE isn't required by UNTHSC for admission! Good luck!
What date did they set up the interview for at UNTHSC?

What date did they set up the interview for at UNTHSC?
November 17th was the first option. There was also a January option (but I'm going with the sooner the better) lol

I had a friend who applied ED For UNTHSC and already got a rejection email? Do they normally give rejections that early? Maybe she received the wrong letter? I always thought they'd send them after the regular deadline