Texas PT School Apps 2015-2016 (PTCAS/non-PTCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought the same, but someone I know got a call last week...
Really? Is she or he an early applicant or TWU doesn't do ED this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from UTHSCSA as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully I'll be your tour guide :)
Hi Romazicon,

By any chance do you recall how many candidates UTSW invited for interview? Just want to get a general sense of the admission ratio tho.

Thanks

Almost been 2 weeks from Tech interview..patiently waiting/hoping to hear something this Friday ish...
Waiting sucks

Reactions: 1 user
Almost been 2 weeks from Tech interview..patiently waiting/hoping to hear something this Friday ish...
Waiting sucks
Goodluck and keep us updated! what campus did you interview at?

Waiting sucks
Same. She said that admissions committee meets within a week so I'm not sure why we haven't heard yet

Has anyone heard from UTHSCSA as well?
I got an email from them this morning saying that my preliminary admissions review has been completed and has been sent forward to the physical therapy faculty for review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding UTHSCA: So as I understand it at this point only the early decision interviews have been offered, and nobody has heard anything regarding regular decision?

Correct. I think they've only held the ED interview. I actually just called admissions and they said they're holding 3-4 more interviews through December and January.

I emailed tech and they said all applicants should find out by January. So hopefully the wait will be over for y'all soon

So CRAZY LATE to be asking but maybe I'll hear something back. I literally JUST FOUND this website. Not sure why I never thought something like this existed :/ Any how I have an interview with TTU TODAY!:nailbiting: Wondering is a Resume required? What to expect? Any Pointers?

Hi Romazicon,

By any chance do you recall how many candidates UTSW invited for interview? Just want to get a general sense of the admission ratio tho.

Thanks
Hey! Sorry... It's been a long week. Yes, I found out today that this year we are going to do interviews differently. We will have 100 applicants meet from 8-1PM January 11, 2016. There will be a presentation in the morning and then interviews will take place from 10-11am and 11-12pm when the groups split. We will be there to help with directions, answer questions, take you guys to lunch, and show you around the medical center. I received this information today, but I will update if anything changes as the date gets closer.

I thought those in first round of interviews for Tech already heard if they got accepted two weeks after their interview. Has anyone from second round (Oct. 30th) heard anything yet? I'm starting to get nervous...

I thought those in first round of interviews for Tech already heard if they got accepted two weeks after their interview. Has anyone from second round (Oct. 30th) heard anything yet? I'm starting to get nervous...
My two friends that interviewed in the first round hasn't heard yet and they both were at the Lubbock campus. When did you interview?

So CRAZY LATE to be asking but maybe I'll hear something back. I literally JUST FOUND this website. Not sure why I never thought something like this existed :/ Any how I have an interview with TTU TODAY!:nailbiting: Wondering is a Resume required? What to expect? Any Pointers?
I messaged you this morning but not sure if you saw it in time, how did you feel about the interview? Best of luck to you!

I got an email tonight from UTEP saying "DOES NOT HAVE 50 OBSERVATION HOURS VERIFIED/NO UPLOADED FORMS" so they can't review my application anymore.....there was no where to upload a form on PTCAS.....I have observation hours hat I entered into the PTCAS interface though. Did anyone else get this email or how did you "upload" your observation hours for them?

I got an email tonight from UTEP saying "DOES NOT HAVE 50 OBSERVATION HOURS VERIFIED/NO UPLOADED FORMS" so they can't review my application anymore.....there was no where to upload a form on PTCAS.....I have observation hours hat I entered into the PTCAS interface though. Did anyone else get this email or how did you "upload" your observation hours for them?

Did you verify your hours on PTCAS? Get the PTs to verify them through email?

Did you verify your hours on PTCAS? Get the PTs to verify them through email?
No but I didn't know I needed to. And if I had the PT's email every school I applied to they would be emailing A LOT of schools lol so I didn't do that either.

My two friends that interviewed in the first round hasn't heard yet and they both were at the Lubbock campus. When did you interview?
I interviewed the first round at Lubbock also and I haven't heard anything. The wait to hear anything back is the worst part of this whole process lol

I interviewed the first round at Lubbock also and I haven't heard anything. The wait to hear anything back is the worst part of this whole process lol
I called them and they said everyone should know by January haha such a long waiting process

I called them and they said everyone should know by January haha such a long waiting process
That's awful.. I interviewed Oct 30th. Someone who was in first rounds (Oct 2) already got accepted.

That's awful.. I interviewed Oct 30th. Someone who was in first rounds (Oct 2) already got accepted.
What campus did you interview at? It seems no one has got accepted to the Lubbock campus yet.

*UPDATED INTERVIEWS*
University of Arkansas
Biology Major
Overall GPA: 3.71 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req: 3.82(PTCAS)
Science: 3.66 (PTCAS)
GRE: V: 153 Q: 160 AW: 3.5
3 Reference Letters: 1 PT 2 Professors

Extra-Curric: Pre-Physical Therapy club (UofArk), Biology Club (UofArk), Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Men's Rugby (UofArk), Gamma Delegate, volunteer work at local church and as a coach at local middle school

Hours: 88 outpatient 32 inpatient

Applied to: Chapman (Aug 2016), Drexel, Rockhurst, Arkansas, U North Texas HSC, UTHSC San Antonio, UTMB Galveston, UT Southwestern, MGH institute, West Coast

Interviews (So far): Drexel 10/30, Rockhurst 12/5, UTSW 1/11, UNT 1/29

Acceptances (So far): UTMB Galveston (offered 9/25)

Rejections: none yet

Application verified and GPA finally calculated 9/23

Will be visiting UTMB on 11/23 to check the program out. Born and raised in Texas so I'm kind of on the fence on whether to stay close to home and pay in state (way cheaper) or venture out somewhere far away (the Northeast or California) and pay a ridiculous amount of money for school/living but gain new experiences. Any input or advice on the matter would be appreciated!

Congratulations on getting accepted to UTMB. I also got accepted and I will be visiting them on November 23rd also :). Although I applied to LSU and an interview offer in Midwestern in Chicago, I will most likely deny it. I personally do not think its worth it flying over there and chatting with them when I have the opportunity right here in Texas where tuition will be much cheaper.
Congratulations on getting accepted to UTMB. I also got accepted and I will be visiting them on November 23rd also :). Although I applied to LSU and an interview offer in Midwestern in Chicago, I will most likely deny it. I personally do not think its worth it flying over there and chatting with them when I have the opportunity right here in Texas where tuition will be much cheaper.

Hello, did you went to an interview at UTMB? Can you give me details on how the interview was?

I have received interviews for the following schools in the last week:
Texas State - Nov 16
UTSW - Jan 11
UNT - Jan 29
However I live in Houston and I already got accepted to UTMB, and I am waiting for TWU's response which will come in December. Do y'all think I should still check these schools out?

Hello, did you had an interview with UTMB?
Can you give me advice on what to expect?

Thanks!

Hello, did you had an interview with UTMB?
Can you give me advice on what to expect?

Thanks!
Hey @ptcort54, it lasted 2 hours when you get there you greet PT students and there is a little socializing session. after they break you into groups. One group goes on a tour, the other has a financial aid workshop, and the other group has interviews.
Interview questions were basic. Tell me about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses, how do you cope with yourself when confronted with a hard situation.

I got an email today for an interview invitation for December 4 at Texas Tech University Health Science Center (Lubbock campus). This is the last interview day because the email said: "if you cannot make the schedule interview, it will be our last schedule interview until Fall 2016"

I got an email today for an interview invitation for December 4 at Texas Tech University Health Science Center (Lubbock campus). This is the last interview day because the email said: "if you cannot make the schedule interview, it will be our last schedule interview until Fall 2016"
Are you going to attend it?

Anyone else heard from TWU-Dallas? Now I'm getting nervous...

*UPDATED INTERVIEWS*
University of Arkansas
Biology Major

Extra-Curric: Pre-Physical Therapy club (UofArk), Biology Club (UofArk), Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Men's Rugby (UofArk), Gamma Delegate, volunteer work at local church and as a coach at local middle school

Applied to: Chapman (Aug 2016), Drexel, Rockhurst, Arkansas, U North Texas HSC, UTHSC San Antonio, UTMB Galveston, UT Southwestern, MGH institute, West Coast

Will be visiting UTMB on 11/23 to check the program out. Born and raised in Texas so I'm kind of on the fence on whether to stay close to home and pay in state (way cheaper) or venture out somewhere far away (the Northeast or California) and pay a ridiculous amount of money for school/living but gain new experiences. Any input or advice on the matter would be appreciated!

Unless you were absolutely in love with the school and it were one of the best programs in the nation, I would highly recommend staying in Texas. It's extremely expensive to go out of state for grad school. You'll be paying at least double the amount of tuition for your first year alone. The amount you'll have to repay every month for your student loans after you graduate will be obscene. PT schools in Texas are fantastic and you'll get the same, if not better, education here than anywhere else in the country.

*UPDATED INTERVIEWS*
University of Arkansas
Biology Major

Hey @Alva32 I will also be visiting UTMB on 11/23 :). My take on your situation is that you have a good idea about venturing out into North East or california and it sounds exciting but in the I think it comes down to money. I personally would like to have less debt and which equals more money when I graduate.

Do you know if UTHSCA has sent out invitations for their regular interview in December?

I read back at old threads, it seemed like they sent them around the beginning of December, around the 7-10th.

Got an email (that I found in my junk folder) from 2 days ago!!! For an interview at Texas tech!

TWU Dallas usually sends out their calls/letters in December. I got mine December 21st.
I got my call in December too. Don't remember exact date. U can always ask Mary Beth, she is really nice about these things

I messaged you this morning but not sure if you saw it in time, how did you feel about the interview? Best of luck to you!
Hey, sorry been a while but I have a crazy schedule! The interview went okay, I'm worried I wasn't good enough compared to those I interviewed with but I guess only time will tell... :/

Has anyone heard anything about TWU houston????

Also any advice for UTMB's interview?

Just found out I'm accepted at Texas State!!! :D Anyone else on here interview there/get accepted?

Congratulations!! I got accepted also! Was this your first choice??
My first choice is the Army-Baylor program in San Antonio since I want to do military physical therapy, but I absolutely loved Texas State and everyone there at the interview, so I think it's my second choice! What about you?