Texas PT School Apps 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received the same message yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

Same here. At least we know they haven't made any offers yet. The waiting game continues.

Over a month since ya'll interviewed at UNT and no word? I see..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know I am new to the board, but has anyone heard back from University Health Science Center in San Antonio? I got the emailing saying interview dates are tomorrow and Friday, but I haven't heard from them since.

I just caught myself up on everyone's posts. Guess I didn't make the cut.

My stats are
Prereq: 3.5
Overall: 3.65
Bachelors in Kinesiology and minor in Nutrition -Cum Laude
160-outpatient 50-inpatient geriatrics

I know they are not that impressive. I am currently working to improve them. Applied this year as a test run.
Sorry I showed up late in the game lol.

I just caught myself up on everyone's posts. Guess I didn't make the cut.

My stats are
Prereq: 3.5
Overall: 3.65
Bachelors in Kinesiology and minor in Nutrition -Cum Laude
160-outpatient 50-inpatient geriatrics

I know they are not that impressive. I am currently working to improve them. Applied this year as a test run.
Sorry I showed up late in the game lol.

What UTHSCSA the only school you applied to?

Just accepted an offer from Angelo State! Congratulations on acceptances and, to those who are still waiting to hear, good luck! :D

Reactions: 1 users
acceptance from TWU Houston! Received an email from Mary Beth earlier in the day. Congrats to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got into UTMB in late September (early admit) and yesterday I got the call from Mary Beth for a position at TWU- Houston. Having a really tough time deciding.

I was offered an interview at UTHSCSA (I live in SA) and UTSW but didn't go to either. UTMB and TWU are my top choices.

Any advice y'all??

I hope everyone went to visit TWU to gain an understanding of their program :). Failing to interview was a deal breaker for me. Excellent grades doesn't mean you will fit into their program. Don't get me wrong, I have a 3.75 overall but I chose not to apply. My GRE score was only 302 with a 4.5 AW.....I mean a buddy of mine is off the charts ready to do well in PT school but his overall GPA is 3.09. There is more to an applicant than what is on paper! Just my thoughts! Also where are the UTMB Class of 2018s?? I'd like to know who my classmates will be next year!!
I believe there are advantages and disadvantages of not having an interview.TWU doesn't interview because they don't want to be biased towards certain types of students. Admission is not based on grades alone, you would have to meet the minimum grade requirements to be considered for admission. I think what they really look at is your interest letter and letters of recommendation. I know some of my classmates who graduated from undergrad with less than 3.5gpa.

I got into UTMB in late September (early admit) and yesterday I got the call from Mary Beth for a position at TWU- Houston. Having a really tough time deciding.

I was offered an interview at UTHSCSA (I live in SA) and UTSW but didn't go to either. UTMB and TWU are my top choices.

Any advice y'all??
TWU! You will love the faculty at the Houston campus!

I got an email today from UNT that my application was complete and under review (which I thought I knew already) and that invitations to interview will be made through March 6th. I guess I'm still in the running! Anyone have any idea how many more interviews they do between now and March?

I got an email today from UNT that my application was complete and under review (which I thought I knew already) and that invitations to interview will be made through March 6th. I guess I'm still in the running! Anyone have any idea how many more interviews they do between now and March?
Me too! I think there might be one interview date in January and one in March, I may be wrong though. Good luck! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Me too! I think there might be one interview date in January and one in March, I may be wrong though. Good luck! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Same e-mail here. Although I choose UTSW as my school of choice and declined TWU so I will surely decline the interview (if I get one of course; not being cocky, just want others to have an opportunity as well!) for UNT (again, IF I get one). :D Fingers crossed for you guys!

They will be notifying those accepted for the early application group. They do their regular admissions in January so that would be a reason to send in updated transcripts for the fall

In regards to transcripts again, should I just send an updated one over? Is there anyone I should notify that I'm sending updated transcript over? I know for updated hours, you guys mentioned Sean?

In regards to transcripts again, should I just send an updated one over? Is there anyone I should notify that I'm sending updated transcript over? I know for updated hours, you guys mentioned Sean?

They are only doing one more interview round. I believe it will be in March. Good luck!!! :D

And yes, send your updated transcripts/hours to Sean Bass and let him know that you are updating your info.

My husband is a TWU HOUSTON applicant- so it seems like they are getting to the acceptances/rejections/waitlists for TWU Houston now?

My husband is a TWU HOUSTON applicant- so it seems like they are getting to the acceptances/rejections/waitlists for TWU Houston now?

Probably! I just got my rejection letter from TWU in the mail haha. I'm sure all decisions will be distributed fairly soon!

They are only doing one more interview round. I believe it will be in March. Good luck!!! :D

And yes, send your updated transcripts/hours to Sean Bass and let him know that you are updating your info.

For real? When I called back in late October they were telling me it was going to be in mid-January.

I'm a little embarrassed but oh well. (I usually don't respond to these so I don't know what all people include)
Cumulative GPA: 3.44 (Might be a little higher once all my fall grades are put in but it's getting to that point where it doesn't change much)
Prereq GPA: PTCAS has it as 3.51 but I'm not sure how they calculate repeat courses. I think it would be higher if my repeat courses were replaced.
GRE: Verbal - 159, Quantitative - 150 AW - 4.5
Observation hours: About 300 between 3 different settings (lots of peds, including inpatient and NICU)

For real? When I called back in late October they were telling me it was going to be in mid-January.

The only thing I've seen is from their FAQ document on their website, it says Mid-November early interviews begin and then January 1 - March 1 interviews continue. So who knows I guess. That document also seems a little outdated. The email I got said invitations will be extended through March 6th so that makes it seem like they are going to do multiple. Guess we'll see.

I haven't had any communication with Sean Bass, all my emails have come from Felicity White. Should I just send them to her?

Good luck to everyone! :)

They also told us that we'd hear back about if we are accepted or not two weeks ago... and now we're supposed to hear next week. So I would take their dates with a grain of salt haha.

I haven't had any communication with Sean Bass, all my emails have come from Felicity White. Should I just send them to her?

Sean works for Felicity so either would work.

hubby was denied from TWU - don't think he was close enough to their preferred stats! GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting! Oh and we are still waiting to hear from University of St. Augustine - Austin

I just got accepted to unthsc!!

Reactions: 4 users
Also got a call earlier and I was accepted to UNTHSC!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats guys! Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm hoping to get an interview

How are you guys going to find roommates and apartments? This will be my first time moving away from home and I am little ignorant about these things.

I also got a call yesterday from Sean Bass and was accepted to UNTHSC!

I guess yesterday was the day Sean Bass made phone calls huh???

Congrats to all who got accepted to UNTHSC!

How are you guys going to find roommates and apartments? This will be my first time moving away from home and I am little ignorant about these things.

I'm right there with you. A 22 yr old who is finally moving out of the house :(

Still no other UTMB acceptances out there? What gives?!? Congratulations on UNTHSC, I know a lot of you guys were really depending on receiving an acceptance from there.

Will those be all the acceptances for UNTHSC? Or are they still making their rounds?

Will those be all the acceptances for UNTHSC? Or are they still making their rounds?
They will do another round in February or March -that was just early acceptance

Everyone that got a UNT acceptance, are you accepting? Or still keeping your options open?

I got wait listed at UNTHSC. Hoping some of y'all won't want your spots there (;

I got wait listed at UNTHSC. Hoping some of y'all won't want your spots there (;
Did you receive a letter that said you were on a waiting list or they called you and told you about it on the phone?

Did you receive a letter that said you were on a waiting list or they called you and told you about it on the phone?
I got a letter in the mail. They sent out all the acceptance/wait list/denial letters yesterday.

Now I'm kind of confused. I got an email the other saying my application was still under review and that applicants would be notified of any status by email by March 6th. Do they waitlist people from both rounds?

I got a letter in the mail. They sent out all the acceptance/wait list/denial letters yesterday.
Wait list for me as well...hopefully spots will open for us!!

Still no other UTMB acceptances out there? What gives?!? Congratulations on UNTHSC, I know a lot of you guys were really depending on receiving an acceptance from there.
I got accepted into UTMB but I also got accepted into TWU and I still haven't decided where I want to go. I intend to go to the TWU open house to make my final decision. So far I am leaning more towards UTMB but I feel like I can't make a final decision without visiting both schools. Kinda sucks that TWU doesn't have interviews.