Texas PT School Apps 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They will be notifying those accepted for the early application group. They do their regular admissions in January so that would be a reason to send in updated transcripts for the fall

Thanks @mmp987

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope everyone went to visit TWU to gain an understanding of their program :). Failing to interview was a deal breaker for me. Excellent grades doesn't mean you will fit into their program. Don't get me wrong, I have a 3.75 overall but I chose not to apply. My GRE score was only 302 with a 4.5 AW.....I mean a buddy of mine is off the charts ready to do well in PT school but his overall GPA is 3.09. There is more to an applicant than what is on paper! Just my thoughts! Also where are the UTMB Class of 2018s?? I'd like to know who my classmates will be next year!!

Reactions: 1 users
I hope everyone went to visit TWU to gain an understanding of their program :). Failing to interview was a deal breaker for me. Excellent grades doesn't mean you will fit into their program. Don't get me wrong, I have a 3.75 overall but I chose not to apply. My GRE score was only 302 with a 4.5 AW.....I mean a buddy of mine is off the charts ready to do well in PT school but his overall GPA is 3.09. There is more to an applicant than what is on paper! Just my thoughts! Also where are the UTMB Class of 2018s?? I'd like to know who my classmates will be next year!!
I went on to apply just to see if I got into any program. I have a 4.0 gpa, 302 gre with a 4.0AW, and that kind of threw me off...no interviews :( I got accepted to UTSW and the fact that I got an interview pretty much sealed the deal there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet!! I wanted to apply at UTSW but they explicitly state that they do not accept child psych for lifespan so I didn't bother. So UTSW stole your heart? ;-) Attending UTSW?

I was accepted to UTSW a little over 2 months ago and it is my dream school so that's where I am going! Any other students apply to UTSW, interview there, or have been accepted?

I went on to apply just to see if I got into any program. I have a 4.0 gpa, 302 gre with a 4.0AW, and that kind of threw me off...no interviews :( I got accepted to UTSW and the fact that I got an interview pretty much sealed the deal there!!

check your inbox please!

Sweet!! I wanted to apply at UTSW but they explicitly state that they do not accept child psych for lifespan so I didn't bother. So UTSW stole your heart? ;-) Attending UTSW?
Yeah. I understand! I couldn't apply to many other schools in Texas since they required Developmental Psych and not Abnormal (which I had just taken). And yes, it really did!!! :) I'm attending UTSW this May (@Cristinayang 04 Future classmate?)

Yeah. I understand! I couldn't apply to many other schools in Texas since they required Developmental Psych and not Abnormal (which I had just taken). And yes, it really did!!! :) I'm attending UTSW this May (@Cristinayang 04 Future classmate?)
woohoo found at least one future classmate! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I und
That's awesome! Congratulations. I understand because I only applied to about 3 schools myself.

was notified today that I am an alternate for TWU :\ really hoping I get in *fingers crossed*

was notified today that I am an alternate for TWU :\ really hoping I get in *fingers crossed*

That's still awesome though! Hopefully you get in! Were you notified via phone or email?

That's still awesome though! Hopefully you get in! Were you notified via phone or email?
Thank you! Trying to stay positive. I was notified via email. Have you applied there as well?

I applied to twu Houston but have not heard back yet. Their web advisor shows my application as pending department review.

Is anyone on here planning to attend Texas Tech? :)

Did anybody hear from UNTHSC regarding acceptances/rejections?

Unfortunately not yet....I was thinking soon after thanksgiving was Monday
I was thinking Thursday. My friend did the early interview last year and heard on Thursday, as did everyone else that did early interviews last year.

I was thinking Thursday. My friend did the early interview last year and heard on Thursday, as did everyone else that did early interviews last year.
I hope that is correct! This waiting is killing me!

Not yet, I know this waiting period is killing me!! Hopefully tomorrow morning!

Kms12345 I will be attending texas tech. Which campus did you get?

Does anyone have any advice or insight on the interview process at UTHSCSA? I was chosen for an interview for next Thursday.. I don't know anyone that has interviewed or attended there! And also if it is really helpful to attend the social event with the DPT first year students the night before?

I found out on Monday I was chosen as an alternate for TWU Dallas. REALLY hoping I get in there!!

Still haven't heard anything from UNTHSC

Does anyone have any advice or insight on the interview process at UTHSCSA? I was chosen for an interview for next Thursday.. I don't know anyone that has interviewed or attended there! And also if it is really helpful to attend the social event with the DPT first year students the night before?

I found out on Monday I was chosen as an alternate for TWU Dallas. REALLY hoping I get in there!!

Still haven't heard anything from UNTHSC
I interviewed at UTHSCSA during their early application period. The gathering the night before was beneficial but totally optional. it is student led so it is really laid back and they feed you:)
the interview process is EXTREMELY long and tedious. You interview at 4 different stations, 3 one-on-one interviews and one group interview. (in the group they are looking at how well you work with other people, be respectful with your group mates and don't talk over people.)
Know all about Vision 2020 and "Direct access"
Other than that just be prepared for a long process. We started promptly at 1pm and we went over more than 30 mins past 5pm.
The interviewers were pretty chill though. Many were from the community, or graduated from the DPT program.
hope that helps

I'll be at Amarillo campus if UNT falls through
Still nothing from UNT. Last year they called people around 4pm. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG. If they're even doing it today...

Nothing from UNT as well. Hopefully, we will know something by 4pm.

UNT is annoying me.

I interviewed at UTHSCSA during their early application period. The gathering the night before was beneficial but totally optional. it is student led so it is really laid back and they feed you:)
the interview process is EXTREMELY long and tedious. You interview at 4 different stations, 3 one-on-one interviews and one group interview. (in the group they are looking at how well you work with other people, be respectful with your group mates and don't talk over people.)
Know all about Vision 2020 and "Direct access"
Other than that just be prepared for a long process. We started promptly at 1pm and we went over more than 30 mins past 5pm.
The interviewers were pretty chill though. Many were from the community, or graduated from the DPT program.
hope that helps[/QUOTE

Thanks so much!! Very helpful! Have you heard back from your interview yet?!

@mmp987 When sending in updated transcripts, are we able to send in updated hours also?

I believe so. either way it couldn't hurt!

Would we just email them the hours? I tried to look on their page but couldn't find anything
Yeah just email them the updated hours. I asked Sean Bass earlier this year and that's what he said to do.

Yeah just email them the updated hours. I asked Sean Bass earlier this year and that's what he said to do.
Have you talked to Sean, by any chance, about when we might hear?

I interviewed with Texas Tech in October but haven't heard anything back. I called and they told me that my application is still being reviewed. Anyone in the same boat, or have any suggestions as to why it's taking so long?

Received an update yesterday that UNT will not be making decisions until Friday December 19. Did anyone else get this update?