Texas PT 2018-2019 wave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Yeah so it was pretty laid back and they made me feel very comfortable, so I'd say it was positive. They gave an orientation presentation with refreshments, we got a tour of the facility, and then we were pulled for individual interviews. While we were waiting to be pulled we got to talk to some first and second years which was really cool. LOL no writing portion. Good Luck!
Haha alright awesome, thank you for the info! What campus did you go to?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed at UNT on Sept 21 receieved an acceptance yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha alright awesome, thank you for the info! What campus did you go to?
No prob! I interviewed at Odessa (they're building a new facility that will be in effect for our class so that's pretty sweet)

Has anyone who interviewed at UNT on Sept 21 receieved an acceptance yet?
I interviewed there and haven’t heard a thing. Do you remember the time frame that was given for a response? I remember we were told “within a couple of weeks “ but I’m starting to get paranoid haha

I interviewed there and haven’t heard a thing. Do you remember the time frame that was given for a response? I remember we were told “within a couple of weeks “ but I’m starting to get paranoid haha
I hope you will get in!! I am wondering when did you submit your application to UNT? UNT received my application on Sep 20, but I have not heard anything from them other than the application complete email.

Hi guys! Anyone else receive an offer from TWU? If so, does anyone have any info on how feasible it is for an out-of-stater to qualify for in-state tuition? Thanks!
congrats! when did you submit your application? also did they call you for the acceptance?

Received an acceptance email today. Whew!! What a relief!

I hope you will get in!! I am wondering when did you submit your application to UNT? UNT received my application on Sep 20, but I have not heard anything from them other than the application complete email.
Thanks so much, I did get in! I submitted very early, like mid July and got an interview invite in early September. Good luck, let me know if you have question about anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Angelo State interview invite for Nov 10 came today:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Anyone else receive an offer from TWU? If so, does anyone have any info on how feasible it is for an out-of-stater to qualify for in-state tuition? Thanks!
All I know is I have quite a few classmates from out of state, and at least the one I'm closer with has in-state because he qualified for a scholarship

Congrats on the offer! Can you post your stats for the application?

Yeah! I applied Sept. 5th.

My general stats are
GPA: 3.94
GRE: 311
Hours: around 300
Major: Biology and exercise science
School: UT Austin

If yall want to know more just let me know!

Interviewing Oct 19 for Texas Tech at Amarillo campus. Applied Sep 12

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I'm new to the forum. But this is my first year applying. Here is where I'm at.

Applied: UT San Antonio, TWU, Texas Tech, Texas State, UTMB Galveston, UT Southwestern; KU, IU, UIndy, Duke
Offered interviews: UTMB, UT San Antonio, Texas Tech, UIndy, UT Southwestern (interviews for UTMB, UIndy, and UT Southwestern scheduled for later in the year; declined Texas Tech interview invitation)
Acceptances: UT San Antonio, TWU

I hope everyone is surviving the waiting period and that we all get in!!!

Hi, I'm new to the forum. But this is my first year applying. Here is where I'm at.

Applied: UT San Antonio, TWU, Texas Tech, Texas State, UTMB Galveston, UT Southwestern; KU, IU, UIndy, Duke
Offered interviews: UTMB, UT San Antonio, Texas Tech, UIndy, UT Southwestern (interviews for UTMB, UIndy, and UT Southwestern scheduled for later in the year; declined Texas Tech interview invitation)

When did you receive you invites? And do you mind sharing your stats briefly?

Thats awesome news! When did you apply and when did you hear back?

When did you receive you invites? And do you mind sharing your stats briefly?

Thats awesome news! When did you apply and when did you hear back?

Hi! So I applied late July and very beginning of August. I heard from San Antonio Aug 31 for interview, interview Sept 14, and offered acceptance Sept 20. For TWU, they don't do interviews so I was offered acceptance Sep 17. Texas Tech offered interview Sept 12. UIndy invite Oct 5, and UT Southwestern invite Oct 15.

Rough Stats:
GPA: 3.94; GRE V: 161 Q: 158 W: 5.0
Hours: 299 Outpatient (worked and shadowed); 86 Inpatient
Outpatient adult and peds; inpatient adult rehab and acute care; inpatient peds and burn unit; inpatient adult neuro; assisted and skilled nursing; special needs peds and peds hippotherapy; adult and peds aquatic therapy
Rec letters from 3 PTs (1 I worked under, 1 observed extensively, 1 inpatient neuro) and 1 professor (research professor and supervisor)

Let me know if there's any other stats you'd like to know!

Hi! So I applied late July and very beginning of August. I heard from San Antonio Aug 31 for interview, interview Sept 14, and offered acceptance Sept 20. For TWU, they don't do interviews so I was offered acceptance Sep 17. Texas Tech offered interview Sept 12. UIndy invite Oct 5, and UT Southwestern invite Oct 15.

Rough Stats:
Outpatient adult and peds; inpatient adult rehab and acute care; inpatient peds and burn unit; inpatient adult neuro; assisted and skilled nursing; special needs peds and peds hippotherapy; adult and peds aquatic therapy
Rec letters from 3 PTs (1 I worked under, 1 observed extensively, 1 inpatient neuro) and 1 professor (research professor and supervisor)

Which TWU campus? Congrats on the acceptances!

Rough Stats:

Congrats! What is your top choice so far?

Congrats! What is your top choice so far?
Thanks you! TWU is my top choice so far, but the only other school I've been accepted to is UT San Antonio. UT San Antonio was really great though, I liked it a lot more than I was expecting. Some of my pre-med friends share the same sentiment towards UT San Antonio. They're both great schools

Just got accepted to Tech (Lubbock campus!) I have 2 weeks to accept or decline the offer, but haven't heard back from most of the schools that I applied to. My number one is Texas State, but it won't be until mid-end of November before I hear anything. Is accepting the offer similar to a place holder that can be retracted or is it permanent?

Last edited:
Just got accepted to Tech (Lubbock campus!) I have 2 weeks to accept or decline the offer, but haven't heard back from most of the schools that I applied to. My number one is Texas State, but it won't be until mid-end of November before I hear anything. Is accepting the offer similar to a place holder that can be retracted or is it permanent?
As I understand it, all the PT schools make an offer, give you time to consider, then require a security deposit. This is done to make the student have to think twice about it before dropping one school for another, for threat of the school keeping your deposit. So if you accept, then end up declining later, you lose the deposit. With this said, all the schools know this, and they have a backup list of last minute alternates to off those late drops too. It's one big game everyone plays. I haven't heard if any of the schools actually give in and return your deposit or not.

Hi! I applied last year and went through the same thing. Yes, accepting is a placeholder essentially. You can definitely end up respectfully withdrawing your acceptance if you choose to go elsewhere. The only downside is that they usually end up keeping your deposit, it depends on the school. Congrats on the acceptance and good luck with interviews! Remember to be calm and confident but it’s okay to be a little nervous :)

Reactions: 1 users
Howdy! I haven't seen a thread for Texas PT apps this wave, just thought I'd kick it off. Feel free to post your stats, interviews, questions, updates, and overall moral support for everyone as we all wait on the edge of our seats for the next several months:thumbup: Good luck everyone!

Also if I could get feedback on my chances/where I stand, that would be great! Thanks!

Undergrad: Texas A&M University Cstat
Major: Biomedical Science
Minor: Psychology
cGPA: 3.55
preq GPA: 3.6- 3.75 (depending on the school)
GRE: 158 Q, 156 V, 5 AW

Obs hours: 550 as an outpatient tech, 40 inpatient acute, 40 home health, (20 orthopedic surgery)
Volunteer: 600 hours working with underserved kiddos, and 100+ working in other capacities (building medical units etc...)
LOR: 2 DPT's, 1 Anatomy professor
EC: leadership positions in a few on campus service orgs and one off campus service org, Intramural vb, job at Panera freshman year
Honors: a merit based scholarship from Texas Resources every year, and Dean's list

Schools: Texas State, TWU, UNT, Angelo State, UTMB, UTHSCSA, Texas Tech

PTCAS completed: 7/17, verified: 8/7

INTERVIEWS: Texas Tech 9/21 (offered 9/10)
ACCEPTANCES: Texas Tech 10/18
WAITLISTS: TBD
REJECTIONS: UNT (9/28)

Congrats! Did you accept your Texas Tech Acceptance??

Thanks! I haven't yet, but I fully intend on doing so. I am waiting to receive an admissions packet in the mail (with all the specifics) before officially accepting:)
That’s awesome! I’m still anxiously waiting to hear from them.. can you share your stats if you don’t mind?

That’s awesome! I’m still anxiously waiting to hear from them.. can you share your stats if you don’t mind?
Good luck!!
Sure:
Texas A&M University
Major: Biomedical Science
Minor: Psychology
cGPA: 3.55
preq GPA: 3.6- 3.75 (depending on the school)
GRE: 158 Q, 156 V, 5 AW
( I've posted in depth previously on this thread if you wanted more info! )

Thanks! I haven't yet, but I fully intend on doing so. I am waiting to receive an admissions packet in the mail (with all the specifics) before officially accepting:)
Congrats on the acceptance! Do you mind me asking which campus they offered?

Angelo State interview invite for Nov 10 came today:)
Awesome! I'll be interviewing there the next weekend. That and my TTUHSC interview from Oct 12. are what I'm currently working with. I've heard plenty of good things about ASU.

Awesome! I'll be interviewing there the next weekend. That and my TTUHSC interview from Oct 12. are what I'm currently working with. I've heard plenty of good things about ASU.
Cool! Good luck on both. Yeah, I like the tour at ASU and I'll try and update you after my interview.

Just recieved an offer from TTUHSC for the Amarillo campus. Applied 09/09, interview 10/19, acceptance 10/26

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview with UMHB in October, but I am waiting on decisions about my application with Tech, UNT, UTHSCSA, ASU, UTMB.
Have ya heard anything about Hardin-Simmons?
Just got an interview invite from UTMB, did you interview there last year?

So what are ya going to decide on for a DPT program to attend dude ?

So what are ya going to decide on for a DPT program to attend dude ?
Thanks man! Well I think for basics there is things like how I feel about the environment. Are they welcoming, do they seem like they really care, get along, etc. Is there something that stuck out to me about the program design and then obviously cost haha. What about you man? I saw you got accepted to UMHB as well, congrats!

Thanks man! Well I think for basics there is things like how I feel about the environment. Are they welcoming, do they seem like they really care, get along, etc. Is there something that stuck out to me about the program design and then obviously cost haha. What about you man? I saw you got accepted to UMHB as well, congrats!
Yes sir, solid points to base your decision on man. I am fond of Tech, love their program especially with the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular classes, the partnerships with different clinics in and out of Texas, and how the students love their education, fond of their professors and the atmosphere of the eagerness to learn and be knowledgeable in what they will do as PT.