Texas pharmacy job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxrph10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am planning to move to Texas from Michigan. Can someone please suggest me which city is better for the pharmacy jobs? Currently I have 5 years of inpatient pharmacy experience. I am trying to decide between Dallas and Austin.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean by that? Which is less saturated? Pretty sure those two areas a pretty heavily saturated considering them being very popular cities. Why don't you just apply to every opening in both cities and figure it out after if you are able to land some interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
I am planning to move to Texas from Michigan. Can someone please suggest me which city is better for the pharmacy jobs? Currently I have 5 years of inpatient pharmacy experience. I am trying to decide between Dallas and Austin.
Expand it out from the panhandle to the Gulf...then pray....Or better yet...stay a Michigander...In summer the Dallas sun will melt you into a puddle of spit.....Austin is full of new age types..

I am also curious about those cities. I am moving from CA. I spoke to one of my classmate who lives in Dallas. He said they have openings in houston.

Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio or any other city in Texas with more than 300,000 people are gonna be saturated. I'm from Dallas. I tried to move. Didn't work.

Reactions: 1 user