Texas --- New Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klgsatx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to put the word out there that the UNIVERSITY OF THE INCARNATE WORD in San Antonio is planning on opening a pharmacy school in the year 2006...it is a private catholic school...so just in case you were interested there is it....:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I just heard about UIW starting its pharmacy program... I don't know anything about the college except that it is in San Antonio. Does anyone have any info on it? Their web page says they will be offering bilingual certification which sounds cool.

Speaking of new Texas pharm schools, does anybody know if TX A&M Kingsville is starting its pharmacy school in Fall 2005?

I wish these South Texas schools had decided to open up sooner! I am applying this year and I am stuck with some poor choices: inner-city Houston (ick) and Amarillo (ick)! (And Austin of course --> please let me in UT!)

Shannon

UNIVERSITY OF THE INCARNATE WORD??????

What a very strange name for a school!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Shanana
Speaking of new Texas pharm schools, does anybody know if TX A&M Kingsville is starting its pharmacy school in Fall 2005?

I wish these South Texas schools had decided to open up sooner! I am applying this year and I am stuck with some poor choices: inner-city Houston (ick) and Amarillo (ick)! (And Austin of course --> please let me in UT!)

Shannon

Kingsville: http://www.tamuk.edu/pharmacy/ I wonder how many students they're taking?

I know what you mean about Houston and Amarillo! I didn't even apply to those schools bc I just couln't spend 4 years of my life there. I applied to UT, but will withdraw my app since I was accepted elsewhere in the Phoenix area.

What's so bad about Houston? Well, aside from the horrible traffic, the ghetto location of the school (only the first two years though -- after that we're in the Texas Medical Center), the crappy weather, and the smog.....

I'm actually not particularly fond of Houston either. It's a good program but I don't like the city itself. I plan on moving when I graduate. Maybe I'm just jaded for having lived here for over twenty years.

shannon

which schools are you applying to in houston???
tsu or u of h??

Originally posted by ksmith
shannon

which schools are you applying to in houston???
tsu or u of h??

I applied to U of H. I didn't apply to TSU because they had some weird application requirements compared to other schools- your PCAT could only be 1 year old, and they ask for two recommendation letters from science or math professors (plus one from a pharmacist)... What about you, did you apply to these Houston schools?

I didn't realize that U of H only has students spend the first two years of the PharmD program on the main campus - that is good news to me!

Shannon