Texas Medical License - IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwertyuiop78

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Does anyone have any recent information about the Texas Medical License process for IMGs? I've been reading and I know they require 130 hours total of rotations in approved sites for rotations in USA. I went to medical school in UAG (Mexico), I completed my first 3 years in Mexico. Did 4th year in USA at non-approved ACGME rotations. My 5th year I did complete some at ACGME approved rotations. I would appreciate any information that may guide me, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hello, Does anyone have any recent information about the Texas Medical License process for IMGs? I've been reading and I know they require 130 hours total of rotations in approved sites for rotations in USA. I went to medical school in UAG (Mexico), I completed my first 3 years in Mexico. Did 4th year in USA at non-approved ACGME rotations. My 5th year I did complete some at ACGME approved rotations. I would appreciate any information that may guide me, thank you.
You will m/l need to get board certified to get a license in texas. All your rotations have to be done at ACGME programs and they have to be done with the specific program…ie a cardiology rotation has to be done where there is a cards fellowship, not just under the IM umbrella.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You will m/l need to get board certified to get a license in texas. All your rotations have to be done at ACGME programs and they have to be done with the specific program…ie a cardiology rotation has to be done where there is a cards fellowship, not just under the IM umbrella.
Interesting, I'm a first gen student here, and I didn't even know this! I thought you just rotations and that's it!