Texas Medical License Delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed67783

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Is anyone else having particularly massive delays in their Texas Medical License application? They've had my application complete and sent for review since 4/25, but no updates since then. Ive reached out to the Texas Medical board a few times via messages and phone calls, but they keep giving me the runaround.

I know they're notoriously slow, but >2 months just to review a complete application is looong. Even for the TMB.

Is anybody else having similar issues? I'm trying to gauge if theyre just crazy backed up, or what?

Also, anybody have any advice on how to get them to move things along? Their answer is always "send a message, wait for response, send another message, wait some more, send the original message again, etc, etc"

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately it can take several months to get your Texas license.
Once you get it, your next hurdle will be to get credentialed for Medicare and whatever insurance plans you will be participating in. Until that happens, you won't be on the "panel" for those plans to see their patients.

Update - they just completed my application today.

Reactions: 1 user
It took me 8 month to get tx license. It is a long process with many delays