Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sodapoppy

Reaction score
Made a page for those who are interested in applying. Did any of you submit your application yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also prefer kingsville! Do you know when they will start sending invites?

I also prefer kingsville! Do you know when they will start sending invites?
I called but they said they would start looking at applications once the deadline came, which was yesterday. Past years I believe they are sent around the last week or so of september. Interviews are october 4 and 5. Do you have any idea how many apply for early decision at kingsville?

I am not too sure! But we'll probably be fine no matter the number

I am not too sure! But we'll probably be fine no matter the number
That's true. I honestly doubt a lot of people chose kingsville for early decision since I know a lot of people prefer living in Austin or Houston

@Calbant I haven't gotten it either. I sent an email a couple of hours ago. I think we should be getting an invite in the next couple of days.

@Calbant I haven't gotten it either. I sent an email a couple of hours ago. I think we should be getting an invite in the next couple of days.
Probably. The latest day to get an interview invite is October 1st which is next Monday. By the way, are you from the valley?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my interview invite! Did you?

Reactions: 1 user
Mine is at 11:00! I am coming from Austin, very long drive haha
Lol. It won't be too bad. It said we should be done in 5 hours or so with the whole day so it shouldn't be too bad

That is true! Are you a traditional applicant?
Not really. I've been out of school for a fee years. I originally wanted to be a doctor. I was interviewed 4 times by medical schools but never accepted. I tried PA school and was interviewed once but didn't get in either lol. So I chose pharmacy school then just got the interview notice. You?

I have always wanted to be a pharmacist and I will be graduating next spring! So I guess a pretty traditional path!

I have always wanted to be a pharmacist and I will be graduating next spring! So I guess a pretty traditional path!
That's awesome! Hopefully we're the only 2 being interviewed lol. I'm sure we'll get in

I hope so! Do you know what type of questions they would ask us?

I don't know. I think some are typical questions like why do you want to be a pharmacist. Also maybe ask about experiences. I heard that there is a chance of having to play games in the MMI format. I think they want to see how you react to different things like if you get mad easily or something like that

I'll be talking to a pharmacist tomorrow morning about what kind of questions they can ask at the interview, so I'll let you know what he says

Not really. I've been out of school for a fee years. I originally wanted to be a doctor. I was interviewed 4 times by medical schools but never accepted. I tried PA school and was interviewed once but didn't get in either lol. So I chose pharmacy school then just got the interview notice. You?

I'm also a pharmacy school applicant (not to Texas A&M, but other Eastern schools), and I was lurking around, read this and felt like giving you some encouragement.

I hope you get in to this school, love! You'll ace your interview! You will get in!

I'm also a pharmacy school applicant (not to Texas A&M, but other Eastern schools), and I was lurking around, read this and felt like giving you some encouragement.

I hope you get in to this school, love! You'll ace your interview! You will get in!
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure you'll get accepted into yours as well!

Do research on 2-3 health topics. They may ask you to talk about some you know or are interested in. Study the program like when it started, when the first class graduated. Also look into residency programs if they ask

Reactions: 1 users
@Calbant I think it went pretty good! It was not as bad as I thought it would be , it was semi-awkward for one person but overall I think it went well. How about you?

@Calbant I think it went pretty good! It was not as bad as I thought it would be , it was semi-awkward for one person but overall I think it went well. How about you?
I think it went well. The questions didn't seem too difficult. I think once I got past the first one and my nerves settled, I was fine

Hey y’all! I’ve been reading your posts. I interviewed Thursday and I’m so nervous too! I want to call like that girl said in the questions and answer but I don’t want to be pushy!

Hey y’all! I’ve been reading your posts. I interviewed Thursday and I’m so nervous too! I want to call like that girl said in the questions and answer but I don’t want to be pushy!
I might call tomorrow. If I do, I'll let you know what they say. Also you calling once won't be too pushy

I emailed them and they said they should send out offers by next week

I emailed them and they said they should send out offers by next week
Thanks! I've been nervous too lol. Always checking my email. I'm hoping it's my Monday or Tuesday and not by Friday that we hear lol

When do yall think they will send out interview offer for regular ??

Thank you for the reply!
How was the interview?
I really hope I get the interview invite...
We signed a confidentiality agreement so I can't say anything but my only advice is to not worry. It really wasn't bad at all. Once you get past the first question, your nerves will settle. I'm sure you'll get the interview!

We signed a confidentiality agreement so I can't say anything but my only advice is to not worry. It really wasn't bad at all. Once you get past the first question, your nerves will settle. I'm sure you'll get the interview!
Thank you..! I hope I can get an email from them in couple weeks!

I swear I’m checking my email like every 30 minutes lol! Anyone heard anything?