Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got accepted to UT Austin so I'll call on monday to decline my acceptance from A&M. I'm glad that I can stay in Austin and I really hope A&M offers a fellow SDN member my spot :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to UT Austin so I'll call on monday to decline my acceptance from A&M. I'm glad that I can stay in Austin and I really hope A&M offers a fellow SDN member my spot :)

Congrats on your acceptance...thanks for optimisim.....keeping fingers crossed here..:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got accepted a little closer to home so I will most likely be giving up my seat. Here's hoping a deserving candidate gets it and has the opportunity to attend this fine institution.

Does anyone know if tamu still has seats available? Also has there been any recent calls?

I think velvet said that Dr. Robertson said there were more seats available but didn't know exactly how many. Hang tight. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

Don't lose hope yet! I think there are still many seats available. There will be some people who already paid deposit decide to give up their seat later since other TX schools are still doing rolling admission.

thanks for the quick resonse (nervousforsure & valerievu). I am keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

Hey SDN, do they put up a waitlist rank number. I just interviewed by the way. Or tell you what number you are.

Hey everyone,

I am new on this site, I was just looking to see who got into Texas A&M -kingsville pharmacy school and i came across this thread!

Congratulations to all that got in this year and to the other still awaiting..don't give up! Alot of people are declining because they got in other places!

I saw the facebook group and requested to join! Im so glad to see all of you discussing Texas A&M i personally don't know anyone who is going.

If you all need any advice on interviews or just tips on anything else please feel free to let me know!

Hey SDN, do they put up a waitlist rank number. I just interviewed by the way. Or tell you what number you are.

the only person who knows the rankings on that list is Dr. Robertson...and thats probably the reason why he is the one who makes the calls.

@ Missy101: welcome you to this thread and the fb group!
@ abin0077: have you made up your mind yet?

@ Missy101: welcome you to this thread and the fb group!
@ abin0077: have you made up your mind yet?

accepted the offer but still thinking........waiting on Tech decision which comes out thursday hopefully...

i just cant get my head around some things thats all , hopefully i can coz i need to send them papers in .

Members don't see this ad :)
What concerns are you having? The distance away from home and living arrangements?

What concerns are you having? The distance away from home and living arrangements?

yep...those and rotations....i am kinda not into the whole idea of driving far for rotations while having so much to study...the others schools have the rotation sites near them...but thats the least of my concerns...

primarily its accommodation and distance from home.

yep...those and rotations....i am kinda not into the whole idea of driving far for rotations while having so much to study...the others schools have the rotation sites near them....

The rotations are not all that bad. They have switched them to Fridays which is actually a lot better than they have been in the past (on MONDAY!). As long as you manage your time you should not have a problem. I believe the P2 exams are on Tuesday and Thursday so actually you will have Sat, Sun, Mon to study. It is possible everyone has done it so far. Hope this helps.

yep...those and rotations....i am kinda not into the whole idea of driving far for rotations while having so much to study...the others schools have the rotation sites near them...but thats the least of my concerns...

primarily its accommodation and distance from home.

Oh I see. I wouldn't worry too much about the rotations. I'm sure you'll figure out whether or not this school is right for you.

I filled out my FAFSA but I'm not sure if I answered the questions right. Does anyone know where I can find more information on how to fill it out? I looked on the website and it doesn't really help. Thanks!

AHHHHHHH!!!! I just got a call from Dr Robertson and I'm in!!!!! I've been accepted! I'm so happy!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
:banana::banana::banana:

OMG velvet!!!! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Which school are you choosing?

OMG velvet!!!! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Which school are you choosing?

I most likely will choose Kingsville (depending on what UT says). It will be hard to decline TX Tech because they are an awesome school but Kingsville is so much closer to home and I feel its a better fit for me.:)

CONGRATS VELVET!! YOU DID GREAT!! Personally, I really hope that you will choose Kingsville, because we going through these days together, just feel connected somehow :D

I will be declining a seat soon that Roberson offered me via phone call. Good luck to everybody else :thumbup:

Great job velvet for your acceptance, you deserve it.:D. Any suggestions on what I should do since I have not recieved a call? I feel that my luck is on its last string :(. I know that they have accepted applicants in the summer, but its such a small number. I thought the interview went well.

Stay up man. Dr. Robertson is probably still going down the waitlist. I'm sure a lot of people are about to decline their seats anyway because UT sent out acceptances.

I most likely will choose Kingsville (depending on what UT says). It will be hard to decline TX Tech because they are an awesome school but Kingsville is so much closer to home and I feel its a better fit for me.:)

We might be classmates if you decide Kingsville. I already sent my deposit.

We might be classmates if you decide Kingsville. I already sent my deposit.

Yes, we might be classmates! BTW, do you happen to know when school starts? I am trying to narrow down the date of my last day at work. My supervisor knows I am leaving but I have yet to give her a specific date.

Pre-orientation is June 3rd. August 8th another orientation. August 9-12 preparation activities. August 15th classes begin at 8 am. Those are all the important dates!

Pre-orientation is June 3rd. August 8th another orientation. August 9-12 preparation activities. August 15th classes begin at 8 am. Those are all the important dates!

That's a lot of dates! It may be harder to give my supervisor an exact date because I want to work as long as possible.

Great job velvet for your acceptance, you deserve it.:D. Any suggestions on what I should do since I have not recieved a call? I feel that my luck is on its last string :(. I know that they have accepted applicants in the summer, but its such a small number. I thought the interview went well.

Big bear, I'm not sure if they'll tell you, but you could ask about your rank on the list. I know UT will tell their applicants. Either way, I'm turning down my seat so that I can stay closer to home so maybe you can have mine? Here's hoping you get it.:xf:

That's a lot of dates! It may be harder to give my supervisor an exact date because I want to work as long as possible.
I believe the dates listed were mandatory for us, unless you had a valid reason to miss. I would email Dr. Robertson and ask him for a solid answer, of course.

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances, and best of luck to those waiting. Never give up hope. People in this thread can vouch for the fact that the phone can ring at the last minute. :)

AHHHHHHH!!!! I just got a call from Dr Robertson and I'm in!!!!! I've been accepted! I'm so happy!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
:banana::banana::banana:

YAY!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! I know you've been waiting patiently! I had a feeling you would get in! See you this Fall! :thumbup:

I'm glad you know when school starts next year, cause I had no idea! hahaha! Thanks! :cool: See you then!

Yes, we might be classmates! BTW, do you happen to know when school starts? I am trying to narrow down the date of my last day at work. My supervisor knows I am leaving but I have yet to give her a specific date.

congratulations velvet!!!!

CONGRATS VELVET!! YOU DID GREAT!! Personally, I really hope that you will choose Kingsville, because we going through these days together, just feel connected somehow :D

Awww, how sweet!

Well, I'm officially going to Kingsville! I was rejected by UT and I'm declining my acceptance to TX Tech. I think I was just meant to go to TX A&M. :)

Now it's time to get the ball rolling for me and my family. I have to find someone to rent my house and find a place to live. Does anybody have any idea of there are many houses for rent in Kingsville? I prefer a house because I have two young children and pets that will be coming with me.

Awww, how sweet!

Well, I'm officially going to Kingsville! I was rejected by UT and I'm declining my acceptance to TX Tech. I think I was just meant to go to TX A&M. :)

Now it's time to get the ball rolling for me and my family. I have to find someone to rent my house and find a place to live. Does anybody have any idea of there are many houses for rent in Kingsville? I prefer a house because I have two young children and pets that will be coming with me.

Yeah, I really want to rent a house too. I've been trying to search online but there aren't any websites that show houses for rent. My finance and I are going to have to make a trip down there to search. Does Kingsville have a like a house/apartment locator office or anything?

I believe the dates listed were mandatory for us, unless you had a valid reason to miss. I would email Dr. Robertson and ask him for a solid answer, of course.

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances, and best of luck to those waiting. Never give up hope. People in this thread can vouch for the fact that the phone can ring at the last minute. :)

Well, it would be no problem getting days off from work to attend the mandatory dates. My supervisor is very understanding and has supported me throughout the entire application process. She even wrote a few recommendations for me.

And yes, NEVER give up!!! I thought my chance of acceptance to Kingsville were down the drain until the call from Dr Robertson came! Good luck to everyone still waiting. :luck:

Aaaa, I'm really happy for the fact that velvet75 and iwant2bepharmd finally chose A&M. We will be classmates and I feel like I can't wait for the orientation day. :D

@velvet: it's so sweet that you have the entire family is supporting and moving to Kingsville with you :D It's a small town and I think it's not an easy decision.

Housing is a problem for all of us. I really want to rent an average apartment since my bf decided to move with me.

Aaaa, I'm really happy for the fact that velvet75 and iwant2bepharmd finally chose A&M. We will be classmates and I feel like I can't wait for the orientation day. :D

@velvet: it's so sweet that you have the entire family is supporting and moving to Kingsville with you :D It's a small town and I think it's not an easy decision.

Housing is a problem for all of us. I really want to rent an average apartment since my bf decided to move with me.

I am renting the entire 2 bedroom apartment in Javelina Station. I like it because it's fully furnished. It is kind of expensive, but it includes electricity (up to $50 cap per person, so $100 for me), water, cable and internet (not the best internet, I think I'm going to get AT&T next year). My husband is in Houston most of the time because of his job, but he comes to visit every other weekend, so I didn't want a roommate. I haven't had a problem at Javelina Station. I would at least try visiting it. They had an open house during our pre-orientation day.

As far as renting houses go, I'm not really sure where to look. I know there are things out there because I have classmates that do that. I think you just have to look around.

I look forward to meeting all of you in August!:thumbup:

Does anyone know who we need to contact about financial aid? I've e-mailed two people already and no response. Getting a little worried.

I already filled out FAFSA, but haven't heard anything from them. I think it's too early for that since the school's still sending out admission offers. What questions you have about financial aid anyway? just curious :p

Might be dumb, but hope it helps.....all the Financial Aid goes through with TAMU college station Fin Aid department, so call them...And yea I hope admissions is still being given out...:xf:

Does anyone know who we need to contact about financial aid? I've e-mailed two people already and no response. Getting a little worried.

Have you filled out FASFA? You won't hear anything really for quite a while. I wouldn't worry yet. I remember worrying last year and everything was fine. Who have you emailed?

My question was: Do we put that we are continuing graduate/professional? I hope so cause that is what I put haha

I have contacted someone from the financial aid office and Ms. De Leon.

I guess I'll find out if I did something wrong when they tell me that I won't get any aid and must sell my organs to pay for my tuition. LOL jk~

My question was: Do we put that we are continuing graduate/professional? I hope so cause that is what I put haha

I have contacted someone from the financial aid office and Ms. De Leon.

I guess I'll find out if I did something wrong when they tell me that I won't get any aid and must sell my organs to pay for my tuition. LOL jk~

Haha. I'm sure you'll be fine. Yes, you do put that you are in professional school. If I remember correctly you have an option between first year professional or continuing professional. You would be a first year professional. I'm not sure if it makes that huge of a difference, though.

Haha. I'm sure you'll be fine. Yes, you do put that you are in professional school. If I remember correctly you have an option between first year professional or continuing professional. You would be a first year professional. I'm not sure if it makes that huge of a difference, though.

Hmmmm...I put continuing because I will have my degree in May.

Hmmmm...I put continuing because I will have my degree in May.

I got my bachelor's degree a year and a half before starting pharmacy school and remember putting first year professional. You are continuing school, but still are a first year professional student. Either way, I really don't think it's a huge deal anyway. Don't worry about it.

I got my bachelor's degree a year and a half before starting pharmacy school and remember putting first year professional. You are continuing school, but still are a first year professional student. Either way, I really don't think it's a huge deal anyway. Don't worry about it.

If I remember right you have to put first year professional because it is institution specific. You are not considered a continuing student because you are entering a new program. Also I do think it matters in terms of the amount you receive. I remember getting less as a P1 than as a P2 for some reason and think it has to do with how you are classified in the first year. I also had to take out a GradPLUS and private loan to cover all my expenses due to having a family. Hopefully they will go over all this at pre-orientation in June. If not call/email the HSC financial aid office.
http://tamhsc.edu/education/finaid/contact-our-staff.html

Will I be able to edit my FAFSA application? Man, I knew I shoulda waited. Now I'm scared I won't get any aid which will not be good for me because there is no way I can afford school without loans.

Will I be able to edit my FAFSA application? Man, I knew I shoulda waited. Now I'm scared I won't get any aid which will not be good for me because there is no way I can afford school without loans.

I think it's just a minor mistake and the school will either correct itself or contact you. Don't worry.

Btw, do you get any grants from the school? Or you only get loans?

Status
Not open for further replies.