test provisions

sgreen

pfffffft
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I wasn't sure where else I could get this information, but what kinds of things do the testing centers provide us with when we write the OAT? I read that personal belongings aren't allowed, so does this mean that they supply the pencil and paper for rough work (and lots of it, I'm hoping) ? I also assume that calculators aren't allowed.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Also, most Kaplan centers have lockers or cubbies so that you can lock up your keys or whatever else you have, since they won't let you take anything in with you.

so at these testing centers, is everyone taking the OAT on the computers because i heard that at some test sites, not everyone is taking the same test, some are taking the MCAT and what not...is that true?

Members don't see this ad :)
so at these testing centers, is everyone taking the OAT on the computers because i heard that at some test sites, not everyone is taking the same test, some are taking the MCAT and what not...is that true?

Yes. People in the room with you can be taking a variety of tests including the MCAT, GRE, licensing/certification exams for local and state governments, etc. I was actually rather annoyed at this fact during my own exam because the person next to me was taking some sort of exam that required typing out an essay or something. This person didn't believe in the "less is more" theory when typing on a keyboard, and spent two hours just pounding the daylights out of that poor keyboard. Despite the fact that I had headphones on, I could still hear it! :mad: