TENNIS (this means no anna discussions)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

data

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need a new racquet I kinda lost mine and now its floating near the 8th mile. So i need a new one. I'm thinking of getting a prince racquet. I don't know if anyone can help me in choosing one. I don't like wilsons don't know why. I am leaning towards a prince. I used to play with one with a friend of mine and he only buys wilsons. Although it was about a 150$ racquet. It was just great. I have a moderate swing. I need some power in my racquet lets say 50%-60: 50-40% power vs control. I used to play with a head racquet. Which i loved but it was very heavy. My wrists were sore after a long 3 hour play.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

Wilson is definitely the best. But Prince is nice and so is Head. If you look around,you might find a light Head. The trick is to use a smaller sized grip. I would advice you to use a 4 3/8. And a head with surface area of 90 sq in.

Slazenger is also nice.

BDS-DMD said:
Hey

Wilson is definitely the best. But Prince is nice and so is Head. If you look around,you might find a light Head. The trick is to use a smaller sized grip. I would advice you to use a 4 3/8. And a head with surface area of 90 sq in.

Slazenger is also nice.
I concur with the HEAD advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Neurolemma said:
Yah, Prince is better than Wilson. Pete Sampras used Prince, if I remember right. How long was that now; brings back great memories. I haven't played for ages.
I thought sampras used wilson? wasn't he their biggest sponsor? i maybe wrong.
Do i need an big frame or regular?

TENNIS (this means no anna discussions)
MOVE over anna ...let`s talk abt maria sharpova ..kuchi kuchi ..lol

nokia said:
MOVE over anna ...let`s talk abt maria sharpova ..kuchi kuchi ..lol
Keep the "kuchi kuchi" in your other threads, not in this one.

How often does everyone here play tennis? I try and play 2 hours everyday during the summer time, but lately I've been going for 3-4 hours...its a lot of fun.

u r wrong,dude!pete used wilson!
Neurolemma said:
Yah, Prince is better than Wilson. Pete Sampras used Prince, if I remember right. How long was that now; brings back great memories. I haven't played for ages.

dude,go 4 a head!although i had a prince& a slazenger!my current one is a dunlop mcenroe tournament!
data said:
I need a new racquet I kinda lost mine and now its floating near the 8th mile. So i need a new one. I'm thinking of getting a prince racquet. I don't know if anyone can help me in choosing one. I don't like wilsons don't know why. I am leaning towards a prince. I used to play with one with a friend of mine and he only buys wilsons. Although it was about a 150$ racquet. It was just great. I have a moderate swing. I need some power in my racquet lets say 50%-60: 50-40% power vs control. I used to play with a head racquet. Which i loved but it was very heavy. My wrists were sore after a long 3 hour play.

prady said:
dude,go 4 a head!although i had a prince& a slazenger!my current one is a dunlop mcenroe tournament!
any head in particular?

yeah!go for the flexpoint series!FLEXPOINT RADICAL 0S IS THE BEST!EVEN PROS LIKE AGASSI USE THIS !OTHERWISE GO 4 FLEXPOINT MP 6!WHATZ UR SWING STYLE?
data said:
any head in particular?

prady said:
yeah!go for the flexpoint series!FLEXPOINT RADICAL 0S IS THE BEST!EVEN PROS LIKE AGASSI USE THIS !OTHERWISE GO 4 FLEXPOINT MP 6!WHATZ UR SWING STYLE?
look at my first post. Its moderate swing. thats not too fast not too long. I doubt this would help me cause rackets like these have tremendous control and less power. Meaning i would have to generate the power which my arms aren't capable of generating.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok,dude!my mistake!i meant to ask u whatz ur swing style rating?anywayz i think any of the flexpoints will suffice!all the best!! :thumbup:
data said:
look at my first post. Its moderate swing. thats not too fast not too long. I doubt this would help me cause rackets like these have tremendous control and less power. Meaning i would have to generate the power which my arms aren't capable of generating.

ok,dude!my mistake!i meant to ask u whatz ur swing style rating?anywayz i think any of the flexpoints will suffice!all the best!! :thumbup:
data said:

prady said:
what is a swing style rating?

Keep the "kuchi kuchi" in your other threads, not in this one.
moved.

anyone watching haynes beat the crap out of serena today? i hope she wins
_40034684_haynes.jpg

Her style of play is just amazing to watch. She can do pretty much anything. I think she could be the next number one womens tennis player. :eek:

By Brad Gilbert

From the January/February 2005 issue of TENNIS Magazine

As I started considering topics for the first of my year-long series of instruction columns, the subject I felt the need to address came as a surprise even to myself: It's doubles. Why would I write about something I had little success at as a pro? Simple: My body isn't what it used to be and I'm starting to appreciate the kind of tennis where I only need to cover half the court. And let's face it, as recreational players, it's the game we compete at most on a regular basis.

What I've come to realize about doubles is that good karma and chemistry between partners is a bigger part of the game than most rec players realize. In a doubles match pitting two accomplished singles players who never play together against experienced teammates who have a feeling for each other's games, the latter pair will win more often. Much of that connection starts with constant communication.

When I was competing, it was rare for partners to talk after every point, but now, particularly at the pro level, you see players signaling and conversing during any break in play. The best doubles teams, like the Bryan twins, Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor, and Todd Woodbridge and Jonas Bjorkman, are always communicating and setting up plays. And when you design something, such as a serve down the middle to set up a poach, and execute it successfully, it feels great. The positive energy flows within your team.

The other thing that helps is practicing together. If you play with the same partner a few times a week, you should spend one day banging out drills against each other. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. If you cover the ad side, have your partner serve to that side so you can work on your return. Play out the point using only the crosscourt half of the court. Perhaps you've got a match coming up against a team you know loves to hug the net. Now's the perfect time to practice lobs.

And to work on volleys, my partner and I stand on opposite service lines and simply volley back and forth, keeping a nice rally going with deep volleys and trying to make as many as we can in a row. It's great to hit volleys from this area of the court because that's where you hit so many first volleys in doubles. If you and your partner work at it so that you can hit 20 in a row consistently, I guarantee that your net game, as well as your teamwork, will seriously improve.

Yo sunny we should play DOUBLES

attn.lee-hesh,read this!good!hope lee-hesh gets back together & win matches!
data said:
By Brad Gilbert

From the January/February 2005 issue of TENNIS Magazine

As I started considering topics for the first of my year-long series of instruction columns, the subject I felt the need to address came as a surprise even to myself: It's doubles. Why would I write about something I had little success at as a pro? Simple: My body isn't what it used to be and I'm starting to appreciate the kind of tennis where I only need to cover half the court. And let's face it, as recreational players, it's the game we compete at most on a regular basis.

What I've come to realize about doubles is that good karma and chemistry between partners is a bigger part of the game than most rec players realize. In a doubles match pitting two accomplished singles players who never play together against experienced teammates who have a feeling for each other's games, the latter pair will win more often. Much of that connection starts with constant communication.

When I was competing, it was rare for partners to talk after every point, but now, particularly at the pro level, you see players signaling and conversing during any break in play. The best doubles teams, like the Bryan twins, Mark Knowles and Daniel Nestor, and Todd Woodbridge and Jonas Bjorkman, are always communicating and setting up plays. And when you design something, such as a serve down the middle to set up a poach, and execute it successfully, it feels great. The positive energy flows within your team.

The other thing that helps is practicing together. If you play with the same partner a few times a week, you should spend one day banging out drills against each other. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. If you cover the ad side, have your partner serve to that side so you can work on your return. Play out the point using only the crosscourt half of the court. Perhaps you've got a match coming up against a team you know loves to hug the net. Now's the perfect time to practice lobs.

And to work on volleys, my partner and I stand on opposite service lines and simply volley back and forth, keeping a nice rally going with deep volleys and trying to make as many as we can in a row. It's great to hit volleys from this area of the court because that's where you hit so many first volleys in doubles. If you and your partner work at it so that you can hit 20 in a row consistently, I guarantee that your net game, as well as your teamwork, will seriously improve.

Yo sunny we should play DOUBLES

prady said:
data,is sunny gonna be ur doubles partner?then who is mine?
who plays tennis here?

prady said:
mixed doubles chalega? :laugh: :smuggrin:
Sure sunny can play with a sari on. But his grunt sure is scarey :p

prady said:
like monica seles? :laugh:
did you know that players grunt now and their coaches teach them to because they want them to exhale when hitting now inhaling.

Just watched kuznetsova beating sania mirza on centre court. it was heart breaking. Sania really played well to win second set.

monsoon said:
Just watched kuznetsova beating sania mirza on centre court. it was heart breaking. Sania really played well to win second set.
Ah I should of taped today's games oh well.

prady said:
Wondering when you were going to come back to being prady

Serena is out...WE CAN PARTY NOW!!!
ONE WILLIAMS DOWN ONE MORE TO GO.

data said:
Serena is out...WE CAN PARTY NOW!!!
ONE WILLIAMS DOWN ONE MORE TO GO.
They never like to stay at the Rogers AT&T Cup at YorkU... unless they get to go to Montreal, then they'll attend the event.

sunny123 said:
They never like to stay at the Rogers AT&T Cup at YorkU... unless they get to go to Montreal, then they'll attend the event.
Because York had a crappy centre till now.

data said:
Because York had a crappy centre till now.
Gimme a break.... It was good enough for Capriati, Kournikova, Rubin, and Seles.

sunny123 said:
Gimme a break.... It was good enough for Capriati, Kournikova, Rubin, and Seles.
Capriati is too old, who is rubin? Seles the grunting queen? they wouldn't take her in the middle east thats why she had to come here.

data said:
Capriati is too old, who is rubin? Seles the grunting queen? they wouldn't take her in the middle east thats why she had to come here.
Chanda Rubin

data said:

go for wilson :thumbup:

So DATA,coming back to the original reason you started this thread,which company have you decided to go in for?

BDS-DMD said:
So DATA,coming back to the original reason you started this thread,which company have you decided to go in for?
Its down to head and prince....leaning towards head intelligence. But yet to try out the bandit (prince)

I was watching Wimbledon all weekend... Davenport and Williams played quite well, but I'm happy V. Williams won. She's awesome. :D

Federer and Roddick played a really good game- or so I thought. They're both so amazing- I was cheering for Federer throughout the game, so I'm glad he won the Men's finals. hehe... Roddick was a good sport about it.. he's like "I guess I'll punch him or something." Too funny. :laugh:

saffronrain said:
I was watching Wimbledon all weekend... Davenport and Williams played quite well, but I'm happy V. Williams won. She's awesome. :D

:thumbup: but i think she should be more civil when it comes to celebrating :p

Federer and Roddick played a really good game- or so I thought. They're both so amazing- I was cheering for Federer throughout the game, so I'm glad he won the Men's finals. hehe... Roddick was a good sport about it.. he's like "I guess I'll punch him or something." Too funny. :laugh:

FEDRER IS GR8 what else can i say?