Tennessee Jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Granger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently completing my CV fellowship and considering moving to Tennessee! Any word on the PP groups out there? Looking at Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville!

Members don't see this ad.

It's unfortunate that no one responded to your post. I'm curious to know what the market is at present since it's time for my periodic obligatory evaluation of markets near my wife's family. When I was looking at jobs in Tennessee ~5 years ago it was a private equity nightmare. I believe the now defunct Mednax had a near monopoly on the non-academic/non-government groups throughout most of the state (or at least the urban areas). I assume that NAPA, having bought out Mednax probably controls most of those same groups. Since no one helped provide an assessment of the area, maybe you can share with everyone what you've learned.

Nashville is USAP, CVA, Vandy, and a smattering of small groups and whatever is left of Envision. PM me if need more detailed info.