Temple vs Barry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is the better school or better yet the one that will preprae you the best for the boards, practice, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

MaxL221 said:
Which is the better school or better yet the one that will preprae you the best for the boards, practice, etc?

I won't touch this w/ a 10 foot pole and I hope no one does either. All of the pod schools offer opportunities, the students must take advantage. Some schools offer more opportunities and you can find previous threads that discuss ratings. I would suggest going to the school and touring/interviewing. My new saying on this topic since we are all studying to be pods is "Pod schools are like shoes, the right one just fits." Go a head and steal that if you would like just make sure you give me credit. :D

Reactions: 1 user
Dr_Feelgood said:
"Pod schools are like shoes, the right one just fits."

Wow! And they wonder why hes the one who gets to beat the cowbell. Did you think of that one up on your own? You should put that in a book. Genius. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I never heard of Barry University until looking into podiatry. At first I thought it was a big joke, it sounds like one of my buddies opened up a school in Miami Shores and named it after himself :D However, it looks like its gonna be a pretty good place when they finish that graduate medical sciences building... :thumbup:

If you study and work hard then you will be prepared no matter where you attend pod school. Barry has its issues, but they are working hard to improve. New division of medicine, new medical sciences building, profs from the University of Miami School of Med and Nova Southeastern School of Osteopathic Med and finally not accepting everyone that applies!!

It's in a nice location though. Maimi!! but I heard its in the bad part of town? BTW during hurricane season, is school postponed or how does that work? Sorry, I'm from California, only been to Florida once ;)

It depends. We were out for a week with Wilma and the others just one or two days. You can make up 1 or 2 days during a lecture, but a week = more school. I think we got out like 3 days before Christmas last year instead of the second week of Dec.

Personally, I'd got to one where the students have lots of contact with medical school students. I'll shut my mouth now.
Otherwise, take your pick, you're guess is as good as mine.