Program-Specific Info / Q's Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melbell92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted to Temple and was wondering if there were any current students that could give me their perspective on the program. More likely than not I will be attending Temple, but want to gather more information before accepting their invitation.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I second that. I had my phone interview yesterday and my acceptance today! I read bad things about the area on this forum- is there anyone that currently attends temple that could give information on where students live etc. surrounding towns, what the commute is like and if the area is really that bad

I second that. I had my phone interview yesterday and my acceptance today! I read bad things about the area on this forum- is there anyone that currently attends temple that could give information on where students live etc. surrounding towns, what the commute is like and if the area is really that bad

I don't know much about Temple, BUT the area is okay! I live in northeast Philly and go into center city a lot. If you dont want to live in center city, Philly has great public transportation so you could commute. No city is perfect, but Philly is pretty cool place to be. Im originally from Baltimore, but I like Philly much better.

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Wish you both the best!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know anything about Towson program, BUT the area is not bad! It is close to Baltimore City, so people may lump them together. But I mean no city is perfect... there is always the good and bad when living near/in a city. Towson is also close to towson mall which is a really popular mall.

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Wish you both the best!

Thanks for the info, but we were talking about Temple. :p

The OT program is on the health science campus (HSC), which is down Broad street from Main Campus (I went to Temple for undergrad but have spent time on the HSC). The HSC is in a pretty rough area, you wouldn't want to live around there. I talked to Temple's SOTA last year and they said no one lives in the immediate area and they all commute. Some people were in Fishtown, Northern Liberties, etc. or the suburbs. You would either need to drive from outside the city or take the subway from places like Fishtown or CC. You could also just live on main campus and take the subway up to the HSC. There is a lot of crime in the surrounding area but there are also a ton of students, doctors, etc. walking around. At night time, just be vigilant and try not walk alone. I wouldn't let how "bad" the area is deter you, it's just up to you whether or not you are willing to commute!

Reactions: 1 user
The OT program is on the health science campus (HSC), which is down Broad street from Main Campus (I went to Temple for undergrad but have spent time on the HSC). The HSC is in a pretty rough area, you wouldn't want to live around there. I talked to Temple's SOTA last year and they said no one lives in the immediate area and they all commute. Some people were in Fishtown, Northern Liberties, etc. or the suburbs. You would either need to drive from outside the city or take the subway from places like Fishtown or CC. You could also just live on main campus and take the subway up to the HSC. There is a lot of crime in the surrounding area but there are also a ton of students, doctors, etc. walking around. At night time, just be vigilant and try not walk alone. I wouldn't let how "bad" the area is deter you, it's just up to you whether or not you are willing to commute!
thanks for your reply! So it would be safe to park my car and walk to the health science campus? I sound kinda stupid since everyone else does it and theres tons of students, I'm just super cautious lol

thanks for your reply! So it would be safe to park my car and walk to the health science campus? I sound kinda stupid since everyone else does it and theres tons of students, I'm just super cautious lol

Yes, you would be fine. I would feel very safe on campus, it would be more so off campus I would be a little bit more worried. Just use basic precautions: don't listen to music with headphones in or have your phone out. On main, many of us carry mace (I know some who even carried tasers), but I don't know anyone who had to use them, it was more just to feel safe haha.

I have my phone interview Friday, how was it??

so who here put their deposit down for temple?! Im most likely going there ! Taking a tour of the campus soon so I can see what the classrooms are like and everything!

so who here put their deposit down for temple?! Im most likely going there ! Taking a tour of the campus soon so I can see what the classrooms are like and everything!
I put my deposit in! Is there a Facebook group or anything?

I got my acceptance and I'm going to visit this week! Being out of state I didn't want to pay to fly in until I was accepted. Do people have cars or does everyone use public transportation to get around? I'm from NC where public transportation is basically non existent, so the whole idea of not having my car take me everywhere is a little foreign to me!

Just scheduled an interview for temple. Anybody have any insight on how the interview process works?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just scheduled an interview for temple. Anybody have any insight on how the interview process works?
I have a phone interview scheduled for next week! I would also love any insight. From what I've read it seems to be a pretty general interview more focused on academic/employment history...

I just got accepted to Temple and was wondering if there were any current students that could give me their perspective on the program. More likely than not I will be attending Temple, but want to gather more information before accepting their invitation.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I was wondering if I can ask about your stats. I'm applying to temple and wondering what students that have taken. Thanks so much :)

deleted my original post because I was confused haha. sorry.
anyway, I had my phone interview last week. Does anyone have any insight into how long I should expect to wait until I hear a decision?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I was accepted this week! Did you decide to attend??

Hi! Did you end up attending Temple? I Recently was accepted to the program and was hoping you could tell me more about the school. Is the program stressful? Are you enjoying OT school? Etc.

Thanks!!!!! :)

Hi! Did you end up attending Temple? I Recently was accepted to the program and was hoping you could tell me more about the school. Is the program stressful? Are you enjoying OT school? Etc.

Thanks!!!!! :)
First of all, congratulations! Did you apply for the 2016-2017 cycle? I still haven't heard back from Temple yet. My application is ready for review since late October but I don't know when I will be hearing back.

Does anybody have any insight about the program at Temple? Would love to find out more information about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted two weeks ago!
I was invited for a phone interview and I don't know how I should prepare. How was your phone interview experience with Temple? Were there questions that you were thrown off on or were the questions pretty straight forward?

I received my acceptance letter today!
Congratulations!!! I was invited for a phone interview and I don't know how I should prepare. How was your phone interview experience with Temple? Were there questions that you were thrown off on or were the questions pretty straight forward? How long dud the interview lasted?

Congratulations!!! I was invited for a phone interview and I don't know how I should prepare. How was your phone interview experience with Temple? Were there questions that you were thrown off on or were the questions pretty straight forward? How long dud the interview lasted?

Hi! I also was accepted into Temple! The questions are definitely interesting and a couple did throw me off. I would prepare common general interview topics, but know that there wasn't a single OT related question. They are simply trying to see your personality and if you are a fit with their program. Good luck!

Submitted and verified my application on 11/3, but was told they will not continue to review my application until I submit my Developmental psych grade that I am taking this semester. Does anyone know if the class is full or if they are still giving phone interviews if I sent my transcript in the next week or so?

Hi! I also was accepted into Temple! The questions are definitely interesting and a couple did throw me off. I would prepare common general interview topics, but know that there wasn't a single OT related question. They are simply trying to see your personality and if you are a fit with their program. Good luck!
Totally agree! No way to prepare for the interview. Good luck!!

Were you able to ask questions after the interview? How long did it take to hear back from them after the interview?

I was able to ask a few questions after the interview was done and I heard back in like four days!

I was able to ask a few questions after the interview was done and I heard back in like four days!

Were you able to ask questions after the interview? How long did it take to hear back from them after the interview?
Yeah, I had plenty of time to ask my questions at the end. It took me about two weeks to hear back. If you ask, they should tell you what time frame to expect. They told me I'd hear back within a month.

Yeah, I had plenty of time to ask my questions at the end. It took me about two weeks to hear back. If you ask, they should tell you what time frame to expect. They told me I'd hear back within a month.
After the interview did you sent a thank you email to the interviewer? I do not know if it is appropriate because I know some programs look down on it.

After the interview did you sent a thank you email to the interviewer? I do not know if it is appropriate because I know some programs look down on it.

I sent a thank you email to the person I interviewed with.

I sent a thank you email to the person I interviewed with.
I also sent a thank-you email prior to getting my acceptance. For what it's worth, I have never heard of someone looking down on a thank-you letter/email.

Hello, if any current Temple students could please offer some info about the program. Specifically, I would love to know the first semester summer schedule since it is not a full course load. What are the expected hours during that time?

Thank you so much!

I got an email about a phone interview but I just placed a huge deposit at another school so I'm going to turn it down :(

Temple kept losing my materials (MAT scores and CLEP scores). So they did not decide that my application was complete until first week of December. I was offered an interview on Jan 9th, but I believe that they had decided to interview me earlier. I interviewed on the 12th and got my acceptance today. *Whew* what a relief! Temple is the only program (out of three) that accepted me.:soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Temple kept losing my materials (MAT scores and CLEP scores). So they did not decide that my application was complete until first week of December. I was offered an interview on Jan 9th, but I believe that they had decided to interview me earlier. I interviewed on the 12th and got my acceptance today. *Whew* what a relief! Temple is the only program (out of three) that accepted me.:soexcited:
Congrats on the acceptance! I'm on the waitlist for Temple, and hoping to get accepted soon. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'd like to know if I still have a chance

Anyone else not heard from Temple yet? I sent an inquiry today but still nothing

I was placed on the waitlist today for Temple

I called today to ask about my App and they said they're moving into their last phase of reviews. So if you still haven't heard, you may soon!

Hi! Is anyone definitely attending Temple? I'm about 98% sure I will be and just want to get to know some people!

Hey everyone! I'm 99% sure I'm going to temple!! Is there a Facebook group for the new class? Would love to get to know some of the others in the cohort!

Hey everyone! I'm 99% sure I'm going to temple!! Is there a Facebook group for the new class? Would love to get to know some of the others in the cohort!
I am wondering the same thing!

Is an interview required for admission?? I was placed on the waitlist but I never interviewed.

For anyone interested. The Facebook group is called TUOT2019. I emailed Roger about it and he gave me that group and then the temple OT student association page as well!