Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Post-Bac Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! My interview is tomorrow via zoom. Does anyone have any last minute tips? How to prepare for the questions?

Relax, be yourself and be genuine with your answers. Answer confidently and don’t overthink!

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone give me an idea of what the interview will be like? I got the interview offer today and I have the interview tomorrow. Anyway I can prepare?

Can someone give me an idea of what the interview will be like? I got the interview offer today and I have the interview tomorrow. Anyway I can prepare?

Congrats on the interview! Don't stress about the interview. Just be yourself and be honest with your answers. No real way to prepare, but don't worry. You'll be okay!

• Love
Hello guys, I have some questions about how you guys applied to this program. I applied for a dental school this cycle and currently on a waiting list. Recently, I got an email from Temple saying that if I am interested in this program. Can someone please answer these questions?

1) Did you guys apply to Temple dental school this cycle, last cycle, or applied but not to Temple?
2) If you have applied for a dental school this cycle, did you guys just fill out the form from the email and sent a copy of aadsas application to kornbergadmissions? And then paid for the application fee?
3) Did you guys still have to email them letters of recommendations and/or official transcripts for those of you who sent them a copy of aadsas application?
4) how long did it take to get you guys get invited for the interview? I read some just took a couple days while some took a few weeks.
5) It says that the program starts in May, do you guys know the exact date when the program will start?
6) Following up on the last question, did they inform anything about how they are going to construct the program since the quarantine is imposed everywhere?

Thank you very much in advance!!
Have a great day!!

Hello guys, I have some questions about how you guys applied to this program. I applied for a dental school this cycle and currently on a waiting list. Recently, I got an email from Temple saying that if I am interested in this program. Can someone please answer these questions?

1) Did you guys apply to Temple dental school this cycle, last cycle, or applied but not to Temple?
2) If you have applied for a dental school this cycle, did you guys just fill out the form from the email and sent a copy of aadsas application to kornbergadmissions? And then paid for the application fee?
3) Did you guys still have to email them letters of recommendations and/or official transcripts for those of you who sent them a copy of aadsas application?
4) how long did it take to get you guys get invited for the interview? I read some just took a couple days while some took a few weeks.
5) It says that the program starts in May, do you guys know the exact date when the program will start?
6) Following up on the last question, did they inform anything about how they are going to construct the program since the quarantine is imposed everywhere?

Thank you very much in advance!!
Have a great day!!
1) Yes, applied to Temple's Dental school this past cycle, and other schools
2) They will take the AADSAS application from this past cycle and they use that. With all the letters and information. You will have to pay for the application.
3) No, they take it directly from AADSAS. However, once you get in you will need to turn in a final transcript copy at the end of this semester if you are a senior in undergrad right now. I've already graduated so my final was whats given on AADSAS - so I didn't need to.
4) My interview invite came in like 1-2 weeks after I turned in my application for the post bac.
5) Program starts May, 26th - will start off online until further notice. Because you know... COVID-19 has been creating chaos during these times.
6) Starts online for now, wasn't supposed to at first. But we will get more information later. For now lets hope COVID-19 goes away.

Good luck!

1) Yes, applied to Temple's Dental school this past cycle, and other schools
2) They will take the AADSAS application from this past cycle and they use that. With all the letters and information. You will have to pay for the application.
3) No, they take it directly from AADSAS. However, once you get in you will need to turn in a final transcript copy at the end of this semester if you are a senior in undergrad right now. I've already graduated so my final was whats given on AADSAS - so I didn't need to.
4) My interview invite came in like 1-2 weeks after I turned in my application for the post bac.
5) Program starts May, 26th - will start off online until further notice. Because you know... COVID-19 has been creating chaos during these times.
6) Starts online for now, wasn't supposed to at first. But we will get more information later. For now lets hope COVID-19 goes away.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for answering the questions and your time.

I filled out the form and sent my aadsas application to kornbergadmissions. Ms. English replied me back really quick with the link where I can pay for the application fee, so I did.

And she mentioned to be sure to email my supportive documentation (transcripts or any letters of recommendation) to kornbergadmissions. So, I replied back to make sure I still need to email them (letters and transcript) and she replied me back saying yes, please submit any letter of recommendation and unofficial transcript indicating my GPA to kornbergadssions.
So, I asked her again about the method of delivery, whether I need to request my professors to email the letter or mail the hard copy, ...? And she replied me back saying yes to email my letter of recommendation and all documentation supporting my application to kornbergadmissions. And then, I didn't want to bother her anymore, so I stopped.

So, I was wondering, do you think I still need to ask my professors to email the letter of recommendation or do you think she just meant to email any supporting documentation if I have?

Thank you again!!

Oh, and anyone who got in already, could you guys please share your experience by answering my questions? Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much for answering the questions and your time.

I filled out the form and sent my aadsas application to kornbergadmissions. Ms. English replied me back really quick with the link where I can pay for the application fee, so I did.

And she mentioned to be sure to email my supportive documentation (transcripts or any letters of recommendation) to kornbergadmissions. So, I replied back to make sure I still need to email them (letters and transcript) and she replied me back saying yes, please submit any letter of recommendation and unofficial transcript indicating my GPA to kornbergadssions.
So, I asked her again about the method of delivery, whether I need to request my professors to email the letter or mail the hard copy, ...? And she replied me back saying yes to email my letter of recommendation and all documentation supporting my application to kornbergadmissions. And then, I didn't want to bother her anymore, so I stopped.

So, I was wondering, do you think I still need to ask my professors to email the letter of recommendation or do you think she just meant to email any supporting documentation if I have?

Thank you again!!

Oh, and anyone who got in already, could you guys please share your experience by answering my questions? Thank you so much!!!

I got into the program this upcoming year. Interviewed March 10th and acceptance March 14th. From what you're saying, it seems as if they may have changed the process for those who are just now applying to the program (maybe, idk). When I was offered to apply to the program, I only had to put in my AADSAS # into the link they sent me, which gave Temple University permission to take all my supporting documents including all letter of recommendations from my AADSAS application (keep in mind I did apply to Temple University's Dental School this past cycle so they should already have those documents in hand). I didn't have to ask for LoRs separately for this program because AADSAS already had all those documents.

I'm not sure who Ms. English is, but I do know Ms. Jo Ann Nyquist is the Director of the Kornberg School of Dentistry Post Bac Program and she's the one who we've been in contact with throughout the whole process. Of course, with all the stuff that's happening, I would not be surprised that Ms. Nyquist is being busy with emails and phone calls at this time. Ms. English must be the other person who's been contacting students.

I would email Ms. English, asking if the documents (LoRs and transcript) from AADSAS can be used or not.

I hope I've helped somewhat with this information.

Interesting, I thought they stopped taking applications to the program, did they extend the deadline again? I can't help but feel anxious while waiting for their decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into the program this upcoming year. Interviewed March 10th and acceptance March 14th. From what you're saying, it seems as if they may have changed the process for those who are just now applying to the program (maybe, idk). When I was offered to apply to the program, I only had to put in my AADSAS # into the link they sent me, which gave Temple University permission to take all my supporting documents including all letter of recommendations from my AADSAS application (keep in mind I did apply to Temple University's Dental School this past cycle so they should already have those documents in hand). I didn't have to ask for LoRs separately for this program because AADSAS already had all those documents.

I'm not sure who Ms. English is, but I do know Ms. Jo Ann Nyquist is the Director of the Kornberg School of Dentistry Post Bac Program and she's the one who we've been in contact with throughout the whole process. Of course, with all the stuff that's happening, I would not be surprised that Ms. Nyquist is being busy with emails and phone calls at this time. Ms. English must be the other person who's been contacting students.

I would email Ms. English, asking if the documents (LoRs and transcript) from AADSAS can be used or not.

Ms. English is also known as Kendra English who Is another admin staff you’ll work with in post-bacc. You are correct with covid she’s been helping a lot with responding to emails/calls etc

Interesting, I thought they stopped taking applications to the program, did they extend the deadline again? I can't help but feel anxious while waiting for their decision.

here’s a tip: if you haven’t gotten an acceptance from them but interviewed, keep following up, send a letter of intent and email Nyquist and David dams about your interest. Expressing how much you want to be in this post bacc goes a long way and can get you in.

I didn't apply to Temple. That is probably why I need to submit those separately.
It seems like the class is almost filled since people are already on the waiting list..

Thanks for your answer again!!

here’s a tip: if you haven’t gotten an acceptance from them but interviewed, keep following up, send a letter of intent and email Nyquist and David dams about your interest. Expressing how much you want to be in this post bacc goes a long way and can get you in.

Thank you so much for the tip, I'll do this immediately since my interview was on the 8th of April.

Any tips of what an ideal letter of intent should contain?

I didn't apply to Temple. That is probably why I need to submit those separately.
It seems like the class is almost filled since people are already on the waiting list..

Thanks for your answer again!!

Wow that's disheartening to hear that they've already started a waiting list, how did you find out, is there a group or something?

Wow that's disheartening to hear that they've already started a waiting list, how did you find out, is there a group or something?

Oh, I skimmed through the thread, I misread yours and I thought you were on the waitlist.
This makes me reassure a bit. I apologize for the misleading.
Good luck!!

Oh, I skimmed through the thread, I misread yours and I thought you were on the waitlist.
This makes me reassure a bit. I apologize for the misleading.
Good luck!!
You guys still got a chance. There's like 25 members in our facebook group that we made of students we know who got accepted and going. But don't quote me, there's probably 10-15 we haven't added. Class sizes are 60-65 for this program I believe

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today, I'll have to do more research as I'm not sure about the cost!

Accepted today, I'll have to do more research as I'm not sure about the cost!

Accepted as well at 9 AM today! This is something I’m also definitely thinking about, but it’s a long investment in hopefully a future success!

Accepted this morning! About to join the facebook group!

I was accepted as well, looking forward to this year.

Does anyone know if this means we won't be considered for Temple's Dental program? I was waitlisted and when I was offered to apply they said applying wouldn't affect my position on their waitlist, but now that I've been accepted I assume that means I won't be offered a spot at the dental school?

Edit: Confirmed that those on the waitlist won't be taken off the waitlist with acceptance into this program.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We look forward to seeing you at Orientation on Monday May 18 and Tuesday May 19, 2020. Compliance training sessions will be scheduled for Wednesday, May 20 and Thursday, May 21, 2020. Attendance is mandatory for Orientation and compliance training sessions."

I am assuming that these will be all on Zoom right? I am not in the states and cannot get again due to border restrictions so I just wanted to make sure. (I already emailed them asking.)

"We look forward to seeing you at Orientation on Monday May 18 and Tuesday May 19, 2020. Compliance training sessions will be scheduled for Wednesday, May 20 and Thursday, May 21, 2020. Attendance is mandatory for Orientation and compliance training sessions."

I am assuming that these will be all on Zoom right? I am not in the states and cannot get again due to border restrictions so I just wanted to make sure. (I already emailed them asking.)
Yes, there was an email sent out previously that explained all training and orientation sessions will be carried out via Zoom.

Hi all,

Are any of you still active on this thread? I have an interview coming up this week for the Kornberg Dentistry post-bacc. I have questions that I would love to ask people who are in (or were in) the program. Shoot me a message if you’re willing to answer some:)

Thanks!

Hi all,

Are any of you still active on this thread? I have an interview coming up this week for the Kornberg Dentistry post-bacc. I have questions that I would love to ask people who are in (or were in) the program. Shoot me a message if you’re willing to answer some:)

Thanks!
They started interviews for the post bacc program already?

I had mine few days ago! They asked me to introduce myself, talk about my weakness, one misconception that people have about me, why I want to join this program, and last thing that I want to say to the admissions. It was only for 10 minutes and was very low-key!
Let me know if you guys have more questions :) good luck!

Yeah, I think they started at the beginning of March. There were 3 dates the first two weeks of March that were available to me.
Did you also go to the Zoom meeting a few days ago with Brian and David about the status of your application?

Did you also go to the Zoom meeting a few days ago with Brian and David about the status of your application?
I don’t think so. I got a zoom invite to an open house next week though if that’s the same thing. I applied in the middle of February as well.

Hello everyone
I finished my application on March 24th but haven’t received anything about paying for the fee since then. I attended the zoom meeting last week, which was ever informative.
Im just so scared about this timeline, because it literally starts in less than 8 weeks and I have the slightest clue if Ill be moving or not.
Does anyone else have any updates about their application so far?

Hello everyone
I finished my application on March 24th but haven’t received anything about paying for the fee since then. I attended the zoom meeting last week, which was ever informative.
Im just so scared about this timeline, because it literally starts in less than 8 weeks and I have the slightest clue if Ill be moving or not.
Does anyone else have any updates about their application so far?
For me it took about a month in total. I applied on March 3rd, received an interview on March 5th, did my interview on March 8th and received an acceptance email on April 1st. They asked for a deposit by April 14th so I'm guessing that they'll either send out more interviews or acceptances after the 14th. I hope this helped!

Does anyone know how many people have been accepted and when next round of acceptances will happen?

Does anyone know how many people have been accepted and when next round of acceptances will happen?
There was a zoom open house for interviewed students, which had about 27+ people (besides the admins and dmd) but they didn’t say exactly how many people have been accepted. And I’m hoping to hear back ASAP( hopefully this week) considering the move cross country. Good luck to all those waiting!

Hi, I called admissions today to ask if the program was full and if she can provide insight into acceptance/rejection notifications timeline. As the program starts in June, the window of turn around to prepare is very short. She said the class is not full, applications are still under review. We should be receiving notification within these two weeks. Good luck!

Hi, I called admissions today to ask if the program was full and if she can provide insight into acceptance/rejection notifications timeline. As the program starts in June, the window of turn around to prepare is very short. She said the class is not full, applications are still under review. We should be receiving notification within these two weeks. Good luck!
20 days still first orientation day, has anyone who recently interviewed heard back yet?

20 days still first orientation day, has anyone who recently interviewed heard back yet?
Hi, haven't heard anything back. Admissions said that the programs is not full. Once it is, emails will be sent out to notify applicants. Last I checked, the Facebook group has about 60 members. Don't lose hope!

Hi, haven't heard anything back. Admissions said that the programs is not full. Once it is, emails will be sent out to notify applicants. Last I checked, the Facebook group has about 60 members. Don't lose hope!
Can you send the link to the Facebook group?