Temple (St. Luke's) vs. USF Morsani (SELECT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizarddoc2213

I am Beyonce, always.
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Does anyone care to share any insight on these two programs, which one may have an advantage over the other, and/or personal experiences?

I'm a PA resident, so Temple (St.Luke's program will be slightly cheaper, especially with the St. Luke's 10k scholarship). For Temple's program, I'd spend 1 year in Philly, then the next three years in the Lehigh Valley. For the SELECT program at USF, I'd spend two years in Tampa and then two years in the Lehigh Valley.

Both programs have small class sizes, and I am very familiar with both St. Luke's and Lehigh Valley Hospital. After med school, I'd ideally like to complete a residency in either CA, NYC, or Boston.

Any suggestions/advice/insight?

Members don't see this ad.

If your goal is to go to NYC or Boston, Temple is the clear choice. SELECT is a new program and it sounds as if USF's general hospital got crowded so they turfed students to PA. I go to an NYC school and I've seen a lot of residents here stemming from Temple.

Maybe I'm just biased to the northeast but Temple seems to have the better program, and at a better cost.

Reactions: 1 users