Temple Post-Bacc ACMS 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Contacted them and was told I’d hear back in 4-6 weeks. Not sure if I should mention I was complete in December. Nonetheless, patience is a virtue. So I’ll just wait it out.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
2/16. Just got rejected from Temple MD yesterday, so it would be kind of nice to hear something positive from ACMS soon!
Got rejected 2 days ago too. 509 MCAT. 3.82 overall GPA, 3.77 sGPA. OOS applicant but go to school in Philly. Submitted 1/10/18 so I'm hoping to hear back something soon too. Last thing I saw on my application was that it was modified on 2/5.

Got rejected 2 days ago too. 509 MCAT. 3.82 overall GPA, 3.77 sGPA. OOS applicant but go to school in Philly. Submitted 1/10/18 so I'm hoping to hear back something soon too. Last thing I saw on my application was that it was modified on 2/5.
Damn, your stats are really good. Are you sure you want to drop $40k on this program? Did you contact Temple to ask them why you were rejected? Maybe it’s something that can be easily fixed and you could reapply without spending $40+.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed yesterday able to share anything they learned from Interview Day? Any details about the program or how the interview went? Good luck to everyone who interviewed!

Reactions: 2 users
Damn, your stats are really good. Are you sure you want to drop $40k on this program? Did you contact Temple to ask them why you were rejected? Maybe it’s something that can be easily fixed and you could reapply without spending $40+.
I'm thinking it's cuz it was my 3rd try that I got a 509. Also, a lot of people say to call the school after getting rejected. Do they really tell you why they rejected you?

I'm thinking it's cuz it was my 3rd try that I got a 509. Also, a lot of people say to call the school after getting rejected. Do they really tell you why they rejected you?
Yeah, most schools will tell you what you could improve. Maybe it was a third attempt MCAT or something else. Call them, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Can anyone on this thread answer a few questions for me? I have been trying to contact this program with no success.
-When calculating my sgpa. Should i add both undergrad and grad courses?
Should i enter repeated courses twice like amcas? Lastly, can they count my grad gpa for the gpa requirement?

Can anyone on this thread answer a few questions for me? I have been trying to contact this program with no success.
Should i enter repeated courses twice like amcas? Lastly, can they count my grad gpa for the gpa requirement?
What I would do is follow your AMCAS application identically if you can. If there are courses you took without them being on your AMCAS, then try to the best of your ability to determine if the classes you took are part of the BCPM. If you have some classes you’re on the fence about, post them or PM me and I’m sure this community has taken them and may have an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I didn’t answer your other question specifically but yes, I would enter repeated courses twice. I’m not sure how to answer your grad GPA question but I assume it will be separate from your undergraduate GPA, mine was on AMCAS.

Also, I didn’t answer your other question specifically but yes, I would enter repeated courses twice. I’m not sure how to answer your grad GPA question but I assume it will be separate from your undergraduate GPA, mine was on AMCAS.
Thank you so much for answering

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry as well.

It seems like they are doing a totally random review process... I was marked complete the last week of October and my application portal is marked as "modified" on 2/5/18 but I've heard nothing in regards to interview or rejection. Not sure why that is.

Yeah it seems like a rolling admissions process. I am quite sad of course, but I know it’s very competitive so I just have to move on to other alternatives and hope things work out! Hope you all have better luck!

Again, the CST program is different, however, that process was as seemingly random as this one. There were people on my interview day who hadn't even submitted the application. I got my interview scheduled before I submitted mine too. And then there were people who'd submitted back in like November/December (the interview was mid-late february). Idk how or why they do it like that. I suspect that when you submit your application doesn't have too much to do with when you interview. But perhaps ACMS/BCMS is different...

How did they call people for interviews who didn't submit applications?

Has anyone gotten an interview notice since the last bunch of students who said they got an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
+2. Is this a plan A or B for you guys? I'm nervous I may have to commit to something else before hearing back from ACMS... :(
Part of the plan B. I have applied to 5 other programs. This is #3 on my rank list.

Are you supposed to receive a complete email? I can't find my status on the online portal, but all of the items on the checklist have checks next to them

Are you supposed to receive a complete email? I can't find my status on the online portal, but all of the items on the checklist have checks next to them
I didn’t get an email saying it was complete. I emailed them and they said it was complete.

@gringito on the top right, you'll see "apply" on your post-bacc app. Click on that and then a date will show right next to a link to your post-bacc app!

Reactions: 1 users
Figured out the portal. Interview scheduled 4/5!
So once you get on to the portal, where do you go to schedule your interview? I just activated my account and i don't see anything about scheduling an interview.. also the invitation was vague on how to do so.

So once you get on to the portal, where do you go to schedule your interview? I just activated my account and i don't see anything about scheduling an interview.. also the invitation was vague on how to do so.

It'll show up in your task list a few hours later. I got the interview invite at 5PM, but the task wasn't added the task list (that little clip board icon) until I checked again at 10PM. I think it just takes time to update.

It'll show up in your task list a few hours later. I got the interview invite at 5PM, but the task wasn't added the task list (that little clip board icon) until I checked again at 10PM. I think it just takes time to update.

would you guys mind sharing stats?

Also, anyone have any ideas of what the interviews and interview day is like?

Would you guys mind sharing when your apps were complete? Congrats and good luck on your interviews!

II a couple hours ago. Interview on the 5th filled up before i could speak to parents lol so I'll be there on the 19th of April.

If you care: 3.48 uGPA (3.44 sGPA), out of state, 511 mcat, surprisingly my application was complete only 2 days ago and they haven't even received 1 of my LORs (this LOR was in addition to a letter packet so i met the requirement)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
so if I didn't get an II through two cycles, is it safe to assume I'll be expecting a rejection? I submitted February :/

so if I didn't get an II through two cycles, is it safe to assume I'll be expecting a rejection? I submitted February :/
Or... you could just keep waiting. I don’t think it’s safe to assume anything at this point.

Or... you could just keep waiting. I don’t think it’s safe to assume anything at this point.
Yea I guess. I'm hoping I do well on my MCAT and get the score to them before I hear back. I was told that they only accept 10 people who don't have an MCAT score, so chances are pretty slim.