Temple Pharmacy 2024 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaitlynaw

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything back from Temple yet? Was in early decision and now moved to regular applicant pool.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard back very quickly after I applied. Maybe like 4/5 days? I interviewed and got accepted the same day. Didn’t love the school so I don’t think I’ll be attending. Good luck to you!

I heard back very quickly after I applied. Maybe like 4/5 days? I interviewed and got accepted the same day. Didn’t love the school so I don’t think I’ll be attending. Good luck to you!

What are your stats like if I may ask? One of my closest friends is pre-pharm and she is so nervous haha temple is her top choice! Good luck with your future interviews/schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats like if I may ask? One of my closest friends is pre-pharm and she is so nervous haha temple is her top choice! Good luck with your future interviews/schools!
I don’t have concrete numbers because I got my bachelors degree first and then went back to work on my prereqs. I do think the interview is important and make sure to have lots of questions to ask!

I don’t have concrete numbers because I got my bachelors degree first and then went back to work on my prereqs. I do think the interview is important and make sure to have lots of questions to ask!

Did you apply with a PCAT or no? thanks for the reply! She only has a gpa of 2.8 for all her prereqs that's why she is so worry! How was the interview too?

Did you apply with a PCAT or no? thanks for the reply! She only has a gpa of 2.8 for all her prereqs that's why she is so worry! How was the interview too?
I didn't take the PCAT yet, no. The interview was pretty chill. I went into a conference room with another candidate and talked to an interviewer for like 30? minutes then he asked us if we had any questions and kept encouraging us to ask more questions.

I didn't take the PCAT yet, no. The interview was pretty chill. I went into a conference room with another candidate and talked to an interviewer for like 30? minutes then he asked us if we had any questions and kept encouraging us to ask more questions.

Thank you! how many students were interviewing?

They had different sessions throughout the day. The morning session had more people. Mine in the afternoon had 2 people but they were already preparing for two more people the next day.

Reactions: 1 user
I received my interview invitation yesterday and scheduled it for March 9th. Any tips on how to prepare? How was the interview style?

Hey! I got accepted into Temple. The interview was mega chill. I was in a conference room with one faculty and other candidates. He asked certain questions and we just took turn to answer.

Hey! I got accepted into Temple. The interview was mega chill. I was in a conference room with one faculty and other candidates. He asked certain questions and we just took turn to answer.

Congrats! Where are you thinking about going?

Wow, that's great to know! I have my interview coming up in a week and was nervous at first but now hearing it was relaxed, I feel calm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anybody tell me how the supplemental application works? I applied through PharmCAS recently but I haven’t recieved a link with the supplemental application.

Can anybody tell me how the supplemental application works? I applied through PharmCAS recently but I haven’t recieved a link with the supplemental application.
I would check your junk folder. I also didn’t see the Supplemental Application in my inbox after sending the PharmCas Application, however it was in my junk folder the entire time. Hope that helps.

I haven’t received it. Could that be a problem given the fact that the deadline is this Monday? I will contact them but I’m kind of worried about that

I haven’t received it. Could that be a problem given the fact that the deadline is this Monday? I will contact them but I’m kind of worried about that
That’s actually a good question. I started the supplemental application but haven’t had the chance to submit it with the fee. I would call on Monday and ask them to send you the supplemental app and also find out if it must be submitted on Monday or if you can wait to submit it after the interview or after you receive your acceptance. But I don’t think it’s something to worry about honestly.

I went to PCP (now USP) in Philly. Temple wound up with many of the students that failed our program (which was considered rigorous at the time). Most of those people went on to eventually graduate from Temple. It had the reputation then of being an easier program that would allow inferior students to still graduate. Might be worth asking around to see if it still has that reputation.... That probably isn't doing them any favors in placing grads if it is...

I got my acceptance today!! The interview was super chill like others had mentioned. Most likely, I will be attending this school. Anyone else going here in the fall?

is there a difference between alternative list and waitlist? I am not an applicant but I know people who are.

is there a difference between alternative list and waitlist? I am not an applicant but I know people who are.
I’m not too familiar with the alternative list but I know a few of the applicants that interviewed with me did not accept their offer with Temple since they ended up committing to other schools. So hopefully this will open up a spot for someone that is on the waitlist.

Congrats on your acceptance! Just curious, during the interview did they mention anything about why their graduates' unemployment rate was so high and why it almost doubled in the past two years?
Hi. Thank you! Sorry, but I don’t believe they mentioned anything about the increase in graduates unemployment rate during the interview.

I got my acceptance today!! The interview was super chill like others had mentioned. Most likely, I will be attending this school. Anyone else going here in the fall?
I got my interview yesterday and waiting to hear back from Temple. You got a reply pretty quick. Do you know if the people interview the same day as you got a reply that quick too?

I got my interview yesterday and waiting to hear back from Temple. You got a reply pretty quick. Do you know if the people interview the same day as you got a reply that quick too?
Hi. So I got my acceptance two days after my interview. I know two other students who interviewed with me on the same day and also got accepted two days after the interview. Hope that helps.

Hi, I received an acceptance email to the program literally ~40 minutes when I was on my way home from the interview on Nov 27 with a scholarship.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I received an acceptance email to the program literally ~40 minutes when I was on my way home from the interview on Nov 27 with a scholarship.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Yeah I wasn’t expecting them to give me a scholarship lol. I was surprised. Are you attending here in the Fall?

That’s awesome!!! I would love to go there if they accept me but I didnt do too well in the interview

Do you mind if I ask you your stat?
I did three years at a Community College. Currently in my third year.

Cumulative GPA: 3.22

I think you’ll be fine. Just give it a few extra days. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!! Yeah I wasn’t expecting them to give me a scholarship lol. I was surprised. Are you attending here in the Fall?
Yes I am! I only applied to this 1 school to be honest haha close to home

That’s awesome!!! I would love to go there if they accept me but I didnt do too well in the interview
You will go here! You did what you could, now you just gotta believe! I didn’t prepare much for the interview, I went online literally the night before to search for sample questions, look at some of the answers to get an idea... None of those online questions were asked and I just winged it.

Yes I am! I only applied to this 1 school to be honest haha close to home
Lol nice! I'm still waiting to hear back from two more schools but I have a feeling that I might attend Temple since its closer to home for me as well.

Did anything happen to you guys after you made a $1000 deposit? I only received an email saying that mine was received and that was pretty much it... No other words ever since.

Did anything happen to you guys after you made a $1000 deposit? I only received an email saying that mine was received and that was pretty much it... No other words ever since.
I asked for an extension for the deposit since I’m still saving up for it and they allowed it. I think they will take their time sending out additional information because of the whole COVID-19 pandemic. I’m guessing we probably won’t get any further updates until the end of the month maybe.
Did you mail out your forms that came with the acceptance letter or scan and emailed them to the pharmacy school?

hi, my interview is coming up and I don’t know what to expect. Can anybody please tell me how to prepare or something?

hi, my interview is coming up and I don’t know what to expect. Can anybody please tell me how to prepare or something?
Yes! Can you provide me with your email? I have some tips/questions that will help! You’re gonna do great!!

Does anyone know how many accepted students there are maybe by their facebook page for the class?

Does anyone know how many accepted students there are maybe by their facebook page for the class?
When I went for the interview they said that approximately 80 students enrolled for the Fall 2020 Semester but that was a month ago. I’m sure they have a few more by now. On Facebook, there’s about 65 students who joined the group so far, but there are 1-3 new members who join the facebook group each week.

When I went for the interview they said that approximately 80 students enrolled for the Fall 2020 Semester but that was a month ago. I’m sure they have a few more by now. On Facebook, there’s about 65 students who joined the group so far, but there are 1-3 new members who join the facebook group each week.

right and not everyone has a fb page too... do you know how many they accept? like what is their class size?

right and not everyone has a fb page too... do you know how many they accept? like what is their class size?
Honestly I’m not sure how many students they can accept up to each year but according to Pharmcas, it said that 157 students joined their class last year. But if you want, I can ask a current student who goes there and might have a better idea of how many students they can accept each year?

yes please! I'm not an applicant, but my bf is.
So I’m not sure if this helps but according to the current student at Temple, students who are waitlisted or put on the alternate list can be accepted anytime from now up until a few weeks before the start of the program. It’s super fast and if someone does drop out of the program (which happens) then the next applicant on the waitlist will get the spot in the class.
The pharmacy student recommended to stay on top of the application everyday and see if the status has changed. Also keep in touch with the admissions coordinator who processes the applications and sends out the interview invites. The coordinator is nice and very helpful answering any questions the applicant has. Did your bf receive an interview yet?

I asked for an extension for the deposit since I’m still saving up for it and they allowed it. I think they will take their time sending out additional information because of the whole COVID-19 pandemic. I’m guessing we probably won’t get any further updates until the end of the month maybe.
Did you mail out your forms that came with the acceptance letter or scan and emailed them to the pharmacy school?
I just put the forms in an envelop and dropped it off directly at the admission office back in January. I suggest you mail them all out at the same time with your deposit check to eliminate the chance of something goes missing.

I just put the forms in an envelop and dropped it off directly at the admission office back in January. I suggest you mail them all out at the same time with your deposit check to eliminate the chance of something goes missing.
The admissions office is closed until further notice from what the admissions coordinator told me. I scanned and emailed her all the documents. I’m waiting for the school to open up and the COVID-19 pandemic to alleviate so I can drive to Philly and give them the seat deposit check. I’m also gonna drop off the hard copy of the forms as well. Did you also receive your TUID and other login credentials? I haven’t received any of that yet.

He interviewed between dec 2019-jan 2020, I forget. He was put on the alternate list, which is if a spot opens up until a few weeks before school starts like you mentioned, they will contact him. He interviewed and was put on that list around early feb and no updates yet. Yes, he does stay in contact with the admissions coordinator every 3-4 weeks, but as of now, she has not said much but that he has to wait a bit and now deadline overall was pushed to june 1 due to virus so idk how fast things will progress now. She said 10-15 dropped last year before classes started. Did they say if this list is ranked in anyway? like how do they pull people? He put down the deposit and everything. Thank you for the info!!!
Right, so at this point the best bet is to wait for someone to drop their seat and hopefully it opens up a spot for him which I’m sure will happen. I do know a few friends who interviewed and rejected their offer recently so hopefully that opens up a spot for him. As far as ranking the applicants are concerned, I’m not too sure about that. Sorry.

I didn’t know that students on the alternate list can make their seat deposit. They allowed him to do that?

Thank you for all the info really! I really hope so a spot opens soon for him. Yes, he had to place a deposit and sign all the required forms in order to wait for a seat. It was strange cause this is the only school I've hear that makes waitlist/alternate list people pay a deposit.
You’re welcome! I’m confident that a spot will open up for him. Students definitely drop the closer they get to the start of the semester as well as those who reject their acceptance after the interview. So it shouldn’t be a problem.

Yeah that’s a bit strange and the first I’ve heard as well for students on waitlist/alternates to make deposits. But if he already made it then it shows the admissions committee that he’s serious about the school and will offer him a spot if someone drops. All the best to him!

I went to PCP (now USP) in Philly. Temple wound up with many of the students that failed our program (which was considered rigorous at the time). Most of those people went on to eventually graduate from Temple. It had the reputation then of being an easier program that would allow inferior students to still graduate. Might be worth asking around to see if it still has that reputation.... That probably isn't doing them any favors in placing grads if it is...
Now a days all pharmacy schools are allowing inferior students to graduate