Temple Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

Has anyone who was waitlisted been removed as of yet?!
Congratulations to those that got accepted already:)

Hello everyone!

Has anyone who was waitlisted been removed as of yet?!
Congratulations to those that got accepted already:)
I called Temple the other day. No one has been pulled off the list just yet. I'm on the list too. Crossing my fingers for both of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody need a roommate? I'm trying to find something affordable around Fairmount/Art Museum.

EDIT: By affordable, I mean under $500. No way I'm forking out the ridiculous rates for Temple's graduate housing when you can do way better on your own.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I was accepted but I'll be cancelling my offer tomorrow! Good luck to all the wait-listed folks! :)

Hey have you heard anything yet about the 2012 wait list? I'm on it too. The wait is torture. Do you know if it's ranked?

I called and they told me its not ranked. I'm on it too, I know its rough waiting like this smh

How long have you guys been on the list?

I have been on the list for 3 months. Are you on the list too? The problem for me is that I've been accepted to another school that begins August 1 ! And theoretically we could get pulled from the wait list all the way till the end August since their programs starts a little later. Temple is my #1 and that's why this is so stressful. I am sure it's stressful for everyone on it.

How long have you been on it? I guess there is no way to tell how many (if any) will make it off the list. I guess it depends on if they have room or if some students admitted change their mind

I called and they told me its not ranked. I'm on it too, I know its rough waiting like this smh

How long have you been on the list? Did they say anything else about chances or anything? I wish you luck and hope we will be classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been on since March. They haven't told me anything about chances. I really hope it works out for us. This is my #1 school as well.

I've been on the list since Feb. and this is also my #1! Things will work out for us!

I've been on the list since Feb. and this is also my #1! Things will work out for us!

Have you been accepted anywhere else?
I just hope we hear something soon bc other deadlines are approaching and I hope they hurry ! :) good luck to you!! I have a feeling things will work out too. Thanks for that comment. I needed it!

I had an interview at a different school but I choked. So this is also my last chance!

For those of you who are accepted, where are you guys staying during orientation? I am from out of state and not sure to either book a motel or just sublet from someone around that region until I can find someone to room with. Thoughts?

I heard that after orientation, they will probably call people from the wait list. Gotta keep the faith! We are gonna make it! :-D

Yeah, the admission people told us that whoever doesn't show up on orientation day will be automatically dropped. Good luck! :)

I went to Temple for my undergrad so I can tell you places to stay!

On main campus, there is a hotel called "the conwell inn" which I heard was nice but kind of expensive. If you are only looking for a place to stay for a day or 2, I would find a hotel to stay at in center city and take the subway to the school.

The med campus really isn't in the greatest of areas (as you saw on your interview) especially since there aren't many students around during the summer months. The campus itself is safe though! Hope that kinda helps and thanks for the well wishes!

For those of you who are accepted, where are you guys staying during orientation? I am from out of state and not sure to either book a motel or just sublet from someone around that region until I can find someone to room with. Thoughts?
Also, I would call the admissions office to see if they have something set up for you guys. Don't wanna pay any extra money you don't have to =D

good call, I should have done that but instead totally derped

Just got my admission letter. Temple i am on my way.

Hey Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, were you on the wait list by any chance? And did your letter arrive via email or through the mail?
Just curious....I'm wait listed. :-( Trying to stay postitive.

AWESOME!! Were you on the waiting list? Enjoy orientation tomorrow! =D

and Leigh, Don't worry! We are going to make it buddy! I know we will!

AWESOME!! Were you on the waiting list? Enjoy orientation tomorrow! =D

and Leigh, Don't worry! We are going to make it buddy! I know we will!

Gosh I hope so. I just hope we find out SOON! Like tomorrow! :) Where are you from Pghfan?

Gosh I hope so. I just hope we find out SOON! Like tomorrow! :) Where are you from Pghfan?
Hahaha! I hope so too =D

My family is from the Pittsburgh area (where the PGH comes from), but we moved right outside of Philly when I was younger. I actually went to Temple for my undergrad haha. What about you Leigh?

Hahaha! I hope so too =D

My family is from the Pittsburgh area (where the PGH comes from), but we moved right outside of Philly when I was younger. I actually went to Temple for my undergrad haha. What about you Leigh?

I am from New Orleans but have been living in Dallas for awhile. So you are already a Temple alum! Thats great! :) I hope we will be classmates. Let me know if you hear anything! :)

I heard N.O. & Dallas are both really nice cities.We will probably end up sitting next to each other the 1st day of classes =D. Of course I'll let you know if i hear anything. You do the same please!!

Also, are you going to hold out for Temple? I remember you said you were accepted to another program that starts soon right?

Also, are you going to hold out for Temple? I remember you said you were accepted to another program that starts soon right?

Hi, yes that is correct, but I am holding out for Temple. :) It's totally worth it.

I just got accepted today! Too bad I wasn't there for orientation. What did I miss? Congrats again! See you in the fall! Now...time to find a place to live!

I just got accepted today! Too bad I wasn't there for orientation. What did I miss? Congrats again! See you in the fall! Now...time to find a place to live!
THAT'S GREAT!!! I hope so!! How did they let you know?

Pghfan.You will definitely hear from them as i am not accepting the offer. Good luck my brother. i am going somewhere else.

Thanks for the info Leigh! I'll post it up here if I get the call up! I hope you can find a cheap place to live! try calling the admissions office to see where Pharm students stay, or see if there is a facebook page for the class of 2016 that actually works. If none of those work and you don't mind a subway ride, I would suggest in center city. =D

Also, thank you cmusomsi!! Best of luck where you're going!

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the call about an hour ago!! I'll see you in the fall!!!! =d

I got in too! I got my call and email today! I joined the fb group too!! I'm so excited!! Now to find housing!!

I got in too! I got my call and email today! I joined the fb group too!! I'm so excited!! Now to find housing!!
Congrats Pharmdiva!! I told you guys we'd make it =D

and thanks cmusomsi!!! we really appreciate it!!

YES! I was getting nervous! I'm excited to meet everyone and get started!

Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I may be your guy haha

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the call about an hour ago!! I'll see you in the fall!!!! =d

Congrats!! I haven't been on here for awhile. Soooo glad you got in! You were right! Now I am wondering who you are? LOL! I did join the fb page. I can't wait to meet everyone! And my mystery friend...Pghfan89 :) Yay! Congrats again...so exciting!