Temple ACMS 2013 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite for May 31st. Got a call from the office asking for clarification about a class on my transcript and she subsequently told me that I have been invited for an interview.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Did you find out today?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a quick question: Does anyone know approximately how many individuals will be at each interview date?

I have a quick question: Does anyone know approximately how many individuals will be at each interview date?

Last year there were about 10 people per interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year there were about 10 people per interview date.

that's about right. however, for the last interview slot last year in june, they had 17 people show up. I guess temple wanted to wrap up.

that's about right. however, for the last interview slot last year in june, they had 17 people show up. I guess temple wanted to wrap up.

Guess so. There are 4 interview dates this year. It is going to suck if we have go wait until the end of July to find out.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Did you find out today?

Found out last week. How sure are we that so few people get interviewed for the 40 or so spots? Regardless, good luck to all of you on here hope it works out for everyone.

Found out last week. How sure are we that so few people get interviewed for the 40 or so spots? Regardless, good luck to all of you on here hope it works out for everyone.

They have the number of interviews from last year listed on their website.

Last edited:
My guess is that people dropped out because of late medical school admission. People on waitlist do not know final decision until very late in the summer.

They have the number of interviews from last year listed on their website.

Oh wow yea didn't see that. Crazy how steep the int. invite ratio is but then followed by auto-acceptance.

I don't understand why they interview so few students.

I'm sure it makes their job easier. Usually post bacs schools interview more than they plan to matriculate because they won't like some and then some will decline for other programs. But honestly who would turn down this program. They already know they have the best applicants in the interview pool so why bother interviewing more if they know most everyone will say yes to an acceptance.

Hearing other people receive interviews is discouraging to say the least. For those that did receive interviews, thanks for posting (and congratulations), I appreciate not being left in the dark.

Although only one interviewee posted his/her stats, I can see why I was passed up. At this point, I just want an up or down decision as quickly as possible. I absolutely hate the waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hearing other people receive interviews is discouraging to say the least. For those that did receive interviews, thanks for posting (and congratulations), I appreciate not being left in the dark.

Although only one interviewee posted his/her stats, I can see why I was passed up. At this point, I just want an up or down decision as quickly as possible. I absolutely hate the waiting game.

I saw your stats, and mine are definitely worse. You have a extremely high MCAT, and your GPA is not bad either. I don't know what the adcom is looking for... but if I was them I would snatch you right up.

The website says that there is one may, one in June and two in July, but doesn't give specific dates.

I don't know the June, July, August dates but May is 31st which I will be attending!

Think they are done with invites for the may 31st date.

Probably true but what makes you say that? I think they send out all invite at least 3 weeks in advance which is today.

I didn't know I have to reply back to the interview invite, and they sent me another invite. I thought it might have been for another interviewee, but adcom was trying to confirm the number of attendees.

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about applying here, but I read that applying this late means that it's likely you won't get in? :(

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about applying here, but I read that applying this late means that it's likely you won't get in? :(

I think it's better to apply than regret not applying later on. Even if you apply now there's still a chance. Good luck!

Has anyone heard anything about June Interviews??

Has anyone heard anything about June Interviews??

Someone in the program this year told me the next round of interview invites should go out next week. I think the interview is mid June so they can't wait till after the 31st to send them out. I mean I suppose they can do whatever theyy want, but from what I know June invites go out next week.

Someone in the program this year told me the next round of interview invites should go out next week. I think the interview is mid June so they can't wait till after the 31st to send them out. I mean I suppose they can do whatever theyy want, but from what I know June invites go out next week.

But seriously don't quote me on this, I'm just repeating what has been said to me. I really have no idea whats going on lol I just want to know either way soon.

But seriously don't quote me on this, I'm just repeating what has been said to me. I really have no idea whats going on lol I just want to know either way soon.

what you are saying makes perfect sense. last year I had looked at posts where people mentioned their invite date and then actual interview date. iirc the difference was 3-5 weeks advance. acms takes a while to get started but once they get started, which they obviously have, they move along pretty quick.

I am new to the forum . Anybody heard about June interview. Waiting anxiously !

I am new to the forum . Anybody heard about June interview. Waiting anxiously !

Welcome to the forums Sampras! Based on the previous posts, adcom should be sending out interview invites in these two weeks. Because, there is only a small pool of interviewees per interview date (10), the likelihood that that interviewee is an SDNer is low. Good luck!

For those of you who have gotten interviews this year or in the past, do you guys have super high GPA? High MCAT score? Extraordinary ECs (like several publications, set up your own non-profits and raised tens of thousands of dolloars, won national/international competitions)? I am wondering what they are looking for in the candidates.

For those of you who have gotten interviews this year or in the past, do you guys have super high GPA? High MCAT score? Extraordinary ECs (like several publications, set up your own non-profits and raised tens of thousands of dolloars, won national/international competitions)? I am wondering what they are looking for in the candidates.

I had average MCAT and slightly above average GPA for what they have listed on the website. No insane ECs, 2 publications from NIH but thats about it. I think it's about explaining why you are a good fit for the program.

I had average MCAT and slightly above average GPA for what they have listed on the website. No insane ECs, 2 publications from NIH but thats about it. I think it's about explaining why you are a good fit for the program.
Mind sharing your above average GPA and average MCAT?

I agree. The most important is explaining why you are a good fit for the program. I remember calling the administrative office to let them know I was retaking the MCAT (low score), but they said that they consider my app in a holistic[/I] way. I guess they are just trying to see if you will be a good fit for the program. I don't think they are looking for anyone exceptional as that person would have already got into medical school...

I don't think those stats are important.

Considering the average GPA of people accepted into this program is almost as high as the average medical school GPA I would assume that these stats are extremely important to the adcom. MCAT scores aren't as important since some people only submitted SAT scores. Just trying to be honest. They are looking for the whole package, GPA and all. But considering you get automatic acceptance into their medical school one could see why.

Considering the average GPA of people accepted into this program is almost as high as the average medical school GPA I would assume that these stats are extremely important to the adcom. MCAT scores aren't as important since some people only submitted SAT scores. Just trying to be honest. They are looking for the whole package, GPA and all. But considering you get automatic acceptance into their medical school one could see why.

I personally think they place more importance on the way you answered the questions and the LORs. They already know that individuals applying to this program has been unsuccessful applicants from previous cycles. It's not likely that they are the complete package and I think they know that.

I told my friend with a 3.8 gpa and a 33 MCAT to apply. if it was only about those stats, then he should definitely get a ii right?

I personally think they place more importance on the way you answered the questions and the LORs. They already know that individuals applying to this program has been unsuccessful applicants from previous cycles. It's not likely that they are the complete package and I think they know that.

Actually last year only half the class were unsuccessful applicants and the other half hadn't even taken their MCATs yet and had never tried to apply to medical school previously. Also from what I have been told most of the unsuccessful applicants were unsuccessful because they applied later in the summer. Again I am only repeating what has been told to me by a previous student who just completed the program. He told me that he didn't know anyone in the program with less than a 3.5 overall.

I told my friend with a 3.8 gpa and a 33 MCAT to apply. if it was only about those stats, then he should definitely get a ii right?

Considering there are 700 applicants for 35 spots, I think its a lottery for anyone. No matter what your stats are. Having stats like that just give you a better chance at winning it big so to speak. Also with stats like that just tell him to apply to medical school early in June and I'm sure some school would scoop your friend up.

Considering there are 700 applicants for 35 spots, I think its a lottery for anyone. No matter what your stats are. Having stats like that just give you a better chance at winning it big so to speak. Also with stats like that just tell him to apply to medical school early in June and I'm sure some school would scoop your friend up.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I'll like to think that there's more to an application than just numbers. Both my friend and I were late cycle applicants, but to be given another chance is a blessing. Hope everyone hears good news soon.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I'll like to think that there's more to an application than just numbers. Both my friend and I were late cycle applicants, but to be given another chance is a blessing. Hope everyone hears good news soon.

You aren't naive at all. I think there is more to an application than just numbers, but unfortunately when you are just looking at a bunch of application in front of you numbers are a really good place to start. I mean in any competitive situation like this if you have the numbers you have a better chance. Just how it is. For me right now, its the numbers holding me back. At least that is what 2 postbac adcom have told me after they rejected me.

You aren't naive at all. I think there is more to an application than just numbers, but unfortunately when you are just looking at a bunch of application in front of you numbers are a really good place to start. I mean in any competitive situation like this if you have the numbers you have a better chance. Just how it is. For me right now, its the numbers holding me back. At least that is what 2 postbac adcom have told me after they rejected me.
I talked to my med school app advisor before applying to this program, and she told me that the program took most students from PA and East coast.

My friend got a rejection letter from temple today and his stats were decent. Just thought I would let you guys know.