Taking the OAT soon, have some questions...

Deedrik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am taking the OAT soon and am questioning the material I am studying. I have the Kaplan OAT practice tests and the Kaplan MCAT notes and notecards from the class. Should I be pushing to get the Kaplan OAT notes from the class and does anybody have them available? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Deedrik,

Do you have the Kaplan big OAT review book? If not, then I would suggest trying to get one because it is really helpful. Also take as many practice tests as you can. The practice test on opted.org is supposed to be really good. Hope this helps:).

No, I am hunting for the review book but it seems to be in high demand for the August test dates. I really would like to conserve time and avoid reading my textbooks from class. Hopefully someone is looking to sell. I would pay a pretty penny for it.

Try amazon.com to get ahold of the MCAT Kaplan book and/or the DAT Kaplan book. Also get the OAT Kaplan book for practice tests. I have heard great things about OAT Achiever for practice tests as well. And, if you're willing to pay a "pretty penny" OAT Destroyer at wwww.orgoman.com is probably the hottest prep material out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is what I and several friends used:

Kaplan review books
Exam Kracker review books
And THE Destroyer.

My favorite out of these was THE DESTROYER, I especially loved the physics section, I hadn't taken physics in a while it really jogged my memory and the explanations were great. I didnt have to go back to a text book for a fully understandable explanation.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ive had some offers for the 2005 OAT review book, but I am concerned that because it is not the up-to-date materials, it might not cover all of the topics. Does anyone agree?

I think the 2005 edition should be good. That's the one that I have. It covers the reading comp., quantitative reading, biology, chemistry, organic and physics, which are all of the sections covered on the OAT.

I agree, the 2005 version is okay. That's what I used, I took the test about a month ago and I was fine!